Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

9 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Which is perfectly fine. Everyone will have different expectations for the club. Its not our position in the table that concerns me to be honest mate. It's our flimsy mentality and our failure to do the basics 

I'm a veteran of the Frank McLintock season, (77-78) when commentators suggested we'd changed our name by deed poll to "Leicester City Nil." Anything's a bonus after that season 😬

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not an xG shagger or a stato by any stretch but this is absolutely awful. We're a crap team with awful stats. 

From a Liverpool fan for Liverpool fans to massage their everyone's against us ego's, reading the comments 1 even says yeah i know weird narrative by BT, yet in the studio to a man BT said it doesn't get much easier / more comfortable than that.

In reality they never secured the game until 3 minutes from time, whilst those stats suggest they were camped in our half for 90mins at 1:0 they could have ended up drawing we did get forward & a little more composure we could have dented them,the interviewer of Robinson & Klopp suggested as much so in that aspect it was better than v Forest

• Like 2

Worked hard, did ok defensively and certainly looked more solid without Soyuncu but its frightening how its got to the point we are just happy with a 'reaction'.  

There's just absolutely no belief is there? No energy, no tempo, no confidence, no creativity, we are so slow and turgid to watch.

I look at other teams and how their fullbacks are flying forwards on the overlap, they get bodies in the box and drive forward from midfield at pace. We just slow the game down lol 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

From a Liverpool fan for Liverpool fans to massage their everyone's against us ego's, reading the comments 1 even says yeah i know weird narrative by BT, yet in the studio to a man BT said it doesn't get much easier / more comfortable than that.

In reality they never secured the game until 3 minutes from time, whilst those stats suggest they were camped in our half for 90mins at 1:0 they could have ended up drawing we did get forward & a little more composure we could have dented them,the interviewer of Robinson & Klopp suggested as much so in that aspect it was better than v Forest

We were battered mate. It was a controlled performance from an elite team verses a team several levels below.

A Liverpool win was never under threat. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We were battered mate. It was a controlled performance from an elite team verses a team several levels below.

A Liverpool win was never under threat. 

I agree but under the context of was it a better performance than v Forest then yes it was because at 1:0 regardless of who ever you are playing or which ever great team you are 1 fluke goal is all that is required to set off a Thomas Frank rant, in the Forest game once they scored we were never in it to draw let alone win.

4 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

F,or all those saying Rogers must go, Top has to act,, simple truth is we, as a club, cant afford to sack him.  He is on such a massive contract, on such a ridiculous wage we cannot afford to sack him and pay him off.  So, unless Rogers goes of his own accord which he wont he aint getting sacked or going anywhere.

Clearly Rodgers' massive contract must factor into Top's decision.However, if we do get sucked into a relegation struggle he won't be able to afford not to sack him. I hope that Top is proactive and gets rid before that happens, as the incoming coach will have a better chance of turning things around before the pressure of a relegation scrap engulfs a squad that we know is ill equipped for a fight, 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

The funny thing is that there's no great deal between last night and the home game.

The only difference is that we took our one decent chance at home and a mixture of good goalkeeping and poor finishing prevented them from scoring 4 or 5.

image.thumb.png.a9dbcd2079acec12cb4e9e81bad4f721.png

Don’t think it’s an accident - the way we set up in both games was to contain and try to pinch something - didn’t hear that many complaints when it worked at home ……..

• Like 4

Just now, st albans fox said:

Don’t think it’s an accident - the way we set up in both games was to contain and try to pinch something - didn’t hear that many complaints when it worked at home ……..

There weren't many at all, it just goes to show how results driven most people's opinions are.

• Like 1

Away end was wank too, seemed like so many day trippers. Bloke sat infront of me had a Real Madrid logo as his phone background and would record every single Liverpool set piece, was even recording the celebrations for their goals. 

Lads sat behind me were absolute bellends, constantly shouting at our players to get stuck in and foul them, yet when they did would berate them for doing so ‘Why have you done that?!’ No wonder my non Leicester supporting mates think we are all idiots. 

Oh and the row you’re sat on, the number on the floor is the row it is. Amount of times idiots yesterday kept telling me we were in their seats, I had to move 3 times because they couldn’t read the bloody numbers, we ended up in someone elses seats because we got that fed up. Also think I got a speeding ticket on the way home, dreadful away. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm not an xG shagger or a stato by any stretch but this is absolutely awful. We're a crap team with awful stats. 

thing is we’ve been a crap team for ages. Ages.

People are angry now because the results are reflecting the performances, but this is nothing new!  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Away end was wank too, seemed like so many day trippers. Bloke sat infront of me had a Real Madrid logo as his phone background and would record every single Liverpool set piece, was even recording the celebrations for their goals. 

Lads sat behind me were absolute bellends, constantly shouting at our players to get stuck in and foul them, yet when they did would berate them for doing so ‘Why have you done that?!’ No wonder my non Leicester supporting mates think we are all idiots. 

Oh and the row you’re sat on, the number on the floor is the row it is. Amount of times idiots yesterday kept telling me we were in their seats, I had to move 3 times because they couldn’t read the bloody numbers, we ended up in someone elses seats because we got that fed up. Also think I got a speeding ticket on the way home, dreadful away. 

At least the team restored some pride though??

• Sad 1

Finally finished watching the game this morning before work.  A couple of things stood out for me:

• We didn’t embarrass ourselves- so that’s an improvement on Sunday but not saying much
  • Maddison is stepping up to become a leader and trying things and not giving up - I could see him becoming a vice captain in the coming season if he keeps on this trajectory - good football brain, growing up a bit and leads by example.  Not captain material yet but more responsibility will do him good
  • Youri - anonymous when he came on.  He’s checked out
  • Lookman was good, we need to sign him
  • Other performances were ok, we didn’t threaten but Matip is turning into VVD 2 
  • The other biggest thing I noticed was how much fitter, stronger and generally more athletic Liverpool were.  Yes, they have really skillful players too but they are also just all over the field.  We are no where near that and I really think that’s an area that Brendan and team need to look at.  We rarely seem to outrun, outfight and just harangue and hassle opposition, let alone out muscle them.  It really seems that a drop off in fitness and conditioning has occurred and that corresponds directly to our performances 
  • Like 1

The lack of ambition at 1-0 down was pathetic. Yes we were fortunate to be in that position but we made no real effort in the last 20 minutes to put any pressure on or get bodies forward.

The worst aspect of the night and certainly no pride restored.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

The lack of ambition at 1-0 down was pathetic. Yes we were fortunate to be in that position but we made no real effort in the last 20 minutes to put any pressure on or get bodies forward.

The worst aspect of the night and certainly no pride restored.

This. How can debate whether we had any pride restored or did better. We got battered. We were scared. No energy. No individual thought. Defensive mistakes. We might as well not have been on the pitch. We were lucky Liverpool didn’t take their chances. That’s all it was.

19 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Considering how good they are and how bad we were on Sunday I dont think tonight was too bad. 

Lacked killer pass when we had openings. 

Barnes and Iheanacho dreadful. Hope neither are starting on Sunday. 

...but we knew Nacho does not play the lone striker role, he is not good at it and it exposes his weakness!!!

We should have been looking for him to be played with a support as a 2. We all know that and have known that for some time, so why would Rodgers choose to play him alone.

He has a habit of repeating the same failings and hopes he will get a different result. We losing why not try and get a point as opposed to look to keep the number of goals down.

Liverpool were very much in third gear.