Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

This was Never going to be a game, you could Analyse discuss up to Date relevant topics

Concerning Manager,Players, tactics or team...!!!

We are simply in Limbo...

If needs a huge Pull from both manager & every squad player, to Plan out what their end Target is, end Now they are going to Challenge themselves

to get there..As a unit & individuals....

11-8, must still be a Duty to fight for...

Decent results & Performances in Europe..D

Find a routine , to begin on quality of performance..

Dont Embarass  Club you represent & Fall into a relegation battle...

5 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Finally finished watching the game this morning before work.  A couple of things stood out for me:

• We didn’t embarrass ourselves- so that’s an improvement on Sunday but not saying much
  • Maddison is stepping up to become a leader and trying things and not giving up - I could see him becoming a vice captain in the coming season if he keeps on this trajectory - good football brain, growing up a bit and leads by example.  Not captain material yet but more responsibility will do him good
  • Youri - anonymous when he came on.  He’s checked out
  • Lookman was good, we need to sign him
  • Other performances were ok, we didn’t threaten but Matip is turning into VVD 2 
  • The other biggest thing I noticed was how much fitter, stronger and generally more athletic Liverpool were.  Yes, they have really skillful players too but they are also just all over the field.  We are no where near that and I really think that’s an area that Brendan and team need to look at.  We rarely seem to outrun, outfight and just harangue and hassle opposition, let alone out muscle them.  It really seems that a drop off in fitness and conditioning has occurred and that corresponds directly to our performances 

100 Mil on the training ground well spent ?

4 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Finally finished watching the game this morning before work.  A couple of things stood out for me:

• We didn’t embarrass ourselves- so that’s an improvement on Sunday but not saying much
  • Maddison is stepping up to become a leader and trying things and not giving up - I could see him becoming a vice captain in the coming season if he keeps on this trajectory - good football brain, growing up a bit and leads by example.  Not captain material yet but more responsibility will do him good
  • Other performances were ok, we didn’t threaten but Matip is turning into VVD 2 
  • The other biggest thing I noticed was how much fitter, stronger and generally more athletic Liverpool were.  Yes, they have really skillful players too but they are also just all over the field.  We are no where near that and I really think that’s an area that Brendan and team need to look at.  We rarely seem to outrun, outfight and just harangue and hassle opposition, let alone out muscle them.  It really seems that a drop off in fitness and conditioning has occurred and that corresponds directly to our performances 

This is where our problems begin. Our level of fitness is questionable. ? 

But even still we have to many light players in the squad and this needs to be addressed in the next few windows.

If you dominate the Ball and move it at pace you will overcome most teams.

When you come up against big strong teams like Liverpool and West Ham then your likely to struggle.

Leaving aside our lack of a physical presence We don't look nearly fit enough to compete. To compensate for that Brendan chooses to defend from the edge of our box. When we need to be pushing up and defending further upfield. This is why we need to address this when it comes to Summer signings.

5 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

This is where our problems begin. Our level of fitness is questionable. ? 

But even still we have to many light players in the squad and this needs to be addressed in the next few windows.

If you dominate the Ball and move it at pace you will overcome most teams.

When you come up against big strong teams like Liverpool and West Ham then your likely to struggle.

Leaving aside our lack of a physical presence We don't look nearly fit enough to compete. To compensate for that Brendan chooses to defend from the edge of our box. When we need to be pushing up and defending further upfield. This is why we need to address this when it comes to Summer signings.

Yup, exactly my point 

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think klopp got into his players at HT - Elliott and salah for firmino and Jones improved them 

they pressed us much better second half than first 

our tactics were to just hang on in there and try to nick a point - I can’t argue with that at anfield, especially given where we’ve been recently. 

that won’t be our methodology in most other games 

But you can't "hang in there and nick a point" if you're a goal down and show no ambition to score.

7 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Could it be that our inferior fitness is a factor in the extent and longevity of our injury list too?  :whistle:

Edited by deep blue
Clarification

8 hours ago, deep blue said:

But you can't "hang in there and nick a point" if you're a goal down and show no ambition to score.

That’s the thing though - if you keep it at one then you can have a go late on …….well that’s the theory ……bringing Barnes on was supposed to be the signal to go forwards with more intent …….. but teams like liverpool are way too physical and basically good to allow it and our mindset wasn’t really up for change …..

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That’s the thing though - if you keep it at one then you can have a go late on …….well that’s the theory ……bringing Barnes on was supposed to be the signal to go forwards with more intent …….. but teams like liverpool are way too physical and basically good to allow it and our mindset wasn’t really up for change …..

Obviously.  Yet another Rodgers' tactic that he tries again and again, ineffectualy, and it always fails.

On 12/02/2022 at 10:07, splinterdream said:

£50m on Perez, Vestegaard and Bertrand. You can't knock the training ground spend, thats supposed to be our pull for young talent for the future

Agree but with the lack of basics, I e defending set pieces, and generally  debatable tactics no surroundings will compensate for an absence of top coaching.

Guest Col city fan
On 12/02/2022 at 10:07, splinterdream said:

£50m on Perez, Vestegaard and Bertrand. You can't knock the training ground spend, thats supposed to be our pull for young talent for the future

Christ… our scouting has been really quite dreadful over recent times. 50 mill on them three…

😳