Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

If that was supposed to be the ‘response’ from getting smashed by Forest then I am very disappointed.

Lots of effort but apart from that there was no bravery going forwards, no one taking the game to Liverpool, no plan of what to do with the ball going forwards.

The whole set up was to keep damage to a minimum. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

We are in serious trouble I reckon. Where's the next win coming from? 

Err fair point. Playing like we are we would struggle against any of the Premier league sides at the moment. The defence looks like one ball away from giving away a goal. 

• Like 1

Ain’t having this ‘oh the effort was there’ and ‘that’s a response from Sunday’ rubbish.

Lucky to only be 2-0, could and should have been 6-7.

Appalling performance, no threat and no organisation. 

More baffling subs by Brendan. Daka and Kelechi together up top second half would’ve made sense. Lookman should’ve stayed on, Maddison and Albrighton were knackered.

Ill keep saying it but Thomas needs a loan spell and beefing up loan in the championship. He’s neither quick enough or strong enough. 

West Ham is must win for our season and for Brendan. If not I expect Top to act. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

I actually thought the back 4 did okay. Wilf and Dan at least on the same wavelength. Don't think we missed Cags in that regard.

Yes this was probably the only positive, although they still had plenty of chances, it should have been 4 or 5, whilst we created nothing, again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

BT constantly talking about Vardy and Evans being injured and being a huge loss. If course they are as is Fofana who I didn't hear mentioned once. Remember when Liverpool were wank when they had their 2 first choice centre backs injured. Well guess what BT that's where we are. 

Aside from that, more fight than Sunday but little quality and yet another shite goal conceded from a corner.

Plus if we believe their narrative that vards offers us so much and without him we are shit (quite true of course) we  really are ****ed when he retires.

Edited by turkish14

3 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Thomas is not quite good enough, too weak

Got a massive Konchesky flashback around 65 minutes in, which for me is not great. If I were to try to describe it, it would be a sort of a 'leggy gristle tackle ooh can't pass sod it' feeling. 

Just now, Collymore said:

I'm sure I heard the BT commentator say we were brining on Nacho as he'll offer more pace than Daka! I mean how can you be a commentator on a world network say such thing? Everything about BT tonight was annoying.

Because he is a Forest fan...

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Nah - you won’t convince many with that ……… pragmatism at places like liverpool apparently has no place - we should have just started six up top and gone for it ……

Team after team after team in the Premier League and Champions League have played in the same tactical shape etc. You are spot on; there’s no objectivity here clearly. 

They deserve all the criticism available for Sunday. Tonight? Naa. Didn’t cave or down tools. We’ve got problems to sort for sure but when you have a constant wave of high quality football against you, it’s tested to its extreme.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

If that was supposed to be the ‘response’ from getting smashed by Forest then I am very disappointed.

Lots of effort but apart from that there was no bravery going forwards, no one taking the game to Liverpool, no plan of what to do with the ball going forwards.

The whole set up was to keep damage to a minimum. 

Suits both teams that way. Liverpool get the 3 points they crucially need, and Brendan and Kasper will come out saying huge improvement with great character. 

WE GO AGAIN aye lads

• Like 1

Kasper was immense. Should never of taken Lookman or Daka off. Albrighton was tiring not them! Youri is a waste of a substitution at the moment. Barnes back to brain farts again.  Ndidi and Amartey were good. JJ is getting there but it will take him time. I'd rather Ricardo came on than Youri. Soumare not massively impressive again. KDH, Lookman, Madders and Thomas worked hard.

Didn't miss you cags! What is going on with Youri???

• Like 3

Just now, Collymore said:

I'm sure I heard BT the commentator say we were brining on Nacho as he'll offer more pace than Daka! I mean how can you be a commentator on a world network say such thing? Everything about BT tonight was annoying.

It always is, they talk utter shite. They spoke several times about our players missing but never mentioned Fofana, the most important one. Michael Owen and Robbie Savage are possibly the shittest double act since cannon and ball

• Haha 1