Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Why doesn’t Rodgers seem convinced with Daka and Iheanacho playing as a two upfront , it’s absolutely baffling.

Anyway the sooner he goes the better

We stopp ed playing Vardy and Iheanacho up front after their partnership become the best in the Premier League. He just seems to hate 2 up front for some reason.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

A bit more effort, but in reality, we are a really poor team who need a change in management. This isn't going to get ay better while he is still here. 

Cannot defend set pieces

Cannot score from set pieces

Don't offer much going forward, we actually have a high amount of goals for the lack of creativity

I think West Ham will be his last game 

I don't think it will, I think Rogers has 5 games dependent upon results,West Ham, the Wolves game 2x Randers games and the Leeds game, expect another loss and nothing to change managerial wise after that, probably a 3-1 loss Sunday. 3 Wins out of those 4 games, an it eases the pressure on him a bit.

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Going to be completely against the grain and say that was decent. 

Those tactics are similar to what we beat them with in December and it’s the type of tactics what’s seen the likes of Palace win there before. The problem is you pretty much have to be perfect for it come off. 

The players who started indefinitely playing for the manager. 

We’d have beaten most PL teams with the same desire and application. 

Difference is, I guarantee a team like Palace creates 2 or 3 good chances on the break in a game like that.

We didn't lay a glove on them.

• Like 1

Same shit different day. Our players are really skill full wimps. We’ve always had a problem with not signing  enough powerful  or strong players in the team, that’s why when vardys out, we’re a pushover. We need a couple of Maddison’s and a bunch of Wes Morgan’s.  West Ham are gonna rip is a new one.

Much better than Sunday but still lightweight. Second goal summed our season up with Barnes and Albrighton fannying about. Row Z or a long clearance must be out of bounds under Brendan's rule. So many of the goals we concede could be avoided if we weren't so determined to play chess instead of football.   

I miss our old ability to physically beat teams even when they were technically dominant. Despite trying harder (surely a prerequisite of wearing the shirt) we still lacked the technical and physical ability and our decision making going forward was extremely poor for most of the game  

Just now, Gamble92 said:

We stopp ed playing Vardy and Iheanacho up front after their partnership become the best in the Premier League. He just seems to hate 2 up front for some reason.

That really sickened me it was producing great results and as soon as Barnes came back, Nacho was dropped 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

Yes this was probably the only positive, although they still had plenty of chances, it should have been 4 or 5, whilst we created nothing, again. 

Agreed. The ease with which they bypassed the midfield was frightening. The back 4 were under pressure for the entire 90. Thought Kevin had a good game though.

• Like 1

I thought we were alright. Just not efficient enough with our scraps of attacking possession. However I the striking difference between ours and their intensity out of possession was vast. Pool play like they are convinced they can win it back at any moment. We coast about going from side to side filling space. Just a bit passive. The worst of the lot being Madders. Out of possession he epitomises all that is wrong with our team currently. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

So we're celebrating effort now then? That's where we're at?

No not celebrating effort, just acknowledging there was at least some, compared to Sunday. 

that’s where we are at currently. 

though madders and lookman I genuinely thought were class tonight.

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Playing 2 up top either means 2 in midfield or 5 at the back, 2 in mid you are overrun and 3 5 at the back our fans are allergic too

Edited by Dahnsouff

Guest Col city fan
Just now, buzzer_b said:

We have no bollocks whatsoever. Such a weak side.

Mentally as well as physically

But we must have said this twenty times this season 

What gets me is how we continually can’t retain possession in the latter stages of games.

We look like we are shitting ourselves