Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

Let's be honest, Liverpool were never going to let us do the double over them, so result was to be expected.

There were some positives from our display, We did get into good positions at times but wasted the Ball far to often.

At least they didn't lie down like against Forest.

Not sure it will be any easier against West Ham on Sunday another physical side who will be too committed given our frailities.

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

So we're celebrating effort now then? That's where we're at?

It's staggering we have come to this, yes players make individual mistakes and fvck up but its one reason and one reason only that we are rotting week after week and its down to one man, many of whom won't have a bad word against which is even more bizarre

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We played better against them in our first season in the prem. we were in teams faces, played without fear. 

Now, we look scared, lack ideas and the same amount of aggression as a marshmallow put into the microwave. 

Exactly, bring back King Nigel!

• Haha 1

Just now, martyn said:

Difference is, I guarantee a team like Palace creates 2 or 3 good chances on the break in a game like that.

We didn't lay a glove on them.

They generally don’t though. Them days are rare for Liverpool. The only blot on their league home record are draws to Chelsea, Man City and Brighton. 

Outside of when playing Chelsea and Man City, they’ve conceded three goals at home all season in the league. 

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

Some fans are so privileged. 

Let them have their fun and hound out Rodgers (not Rogers or Roger's) they will do this to every manager at some point and are the type of people who will never be happy supporting a club like Leicester because we will never be consistently successful.

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

People not happy with the reaction to Forest - if we'd have gone gung-ho and lost 6-0 would you have been happy? Not going to get upset with a 2-0 loss away at Anfield - Sunday is a much bigger game. For what it's worth I don't want Rodgers to go - I think it's bonkers people seriously want him gone. Most neutral fans I know can't understand it all. It's a disappointing year no doubt, but it's hardly the end of the world, is it?

I would also put my house on us not being anywhere close to going down - typical reactionary comments. I'd rather the club gives a manager time (especially after, on the whole, 2 very good years). If we stagnate further next season, they should review it.

Out of interest why do you think he should keep his job? 

The worst thing I can say about that result is that I couldn’t care less. I’m at that stage of being a fan now. I’m totally over all of this. Can’t wait to sit in a car for 6 hours on Sunday 👍🏻

*I don’t live in Leicester. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They generally don’t though. Them days are rare for Liverpool. The only blot on their league home record are draws to Chelsea, Man City and Brighton. 

Outside of when playing Chelsea and Man City, they’ve conceded three goals at home all season in the league. 

Don't let the truth get in the way of the moaners

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So we're celebrating effort now then? That's where we're at?

Yes, in a game where man for man, they are better in every department. 

4 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We played better against them in our first season in the prem. we were in teams faces, played without fear. 

Now, we look scared, lack ideas and the same amount of aggression as a marshmallow put into the microwave. 

Can you remember the game at home? We lost 3-0 and they had Ricky Lambert upfront. Their team has changed substantially since that season. As far as to say they didn’t have any world class players but now have at least of the two worlds best players in their position 

Not awful against an almost full strength Liverpool side at Anfield. Not great but some bright spots. Appreciated the effort. Youri looks like he's left already so I say keep him out the side a bit, let him prove he's worth a big move.

No club will want to lump on a player that's demonstrated that kind of attitude. Shop window time for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, J.Lisemore said:

Hardly a surprise, we all knew we'd get beat tonight. Our application was much better but the gulf in quality was for all to see, West Ham is the test of our character, the types of games where we are in with a slight chance of picking up points. 

We should be aiming a lot higher than ‘slight chance’ against West Ham. 

No fight

No desire

No character

No plan

Didnt threaten Liverpool once

Rodgers setup in entirely damage limitation mode with zero ambition for anything other than avoiding a 5-0 drubbing.

The team is a shadow of its former self, no belief, no ‘f*** you, we’re Leicester!’

I can’t see how Rodgers can turn this around even with 2 or 3 signings

The team has lost its heart and with Vardy and Evans basically done and ready for retirement, and Kasper planning to follow them, it’s a characterless team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1