Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Liverpool 2-0 Leicester - Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Sends a 'message' to Youri, not been good enough, lacking in effort, hes out! He's then strangely cuddling him on the touchline before bringing him on to watch the game pass him by. 

What a man manager.

The players know he’s a complete clown hence this ‘response’. 

• Like 1

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Out of interest why do you think he should keep his job? 

Because I don’t think a mid table finish after the last 2 years warrants being sacked. If we were 17th I’d think differently as I did with Ranieri. Ultimately the owners will do what they do, and I’ll back them either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yes, in a game where man for man, they are better in every department. 

Can you remember the game at home? We lost 3-0 and they had Ricky Lambert upfront. Their team has changed substantially since that season. As far as to say they didn’t have any world class players but now have at least of the two worlds best players in their position 

Will u sod off with your facts …….

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Going to be completely against the grain and say that was decent.
The players who started indefinitely playing for the manager.

Since indefinitely could mean forever, I'm hoping you're wrong

• Haha 2

We're a bit one dimensional. If Vardy was fit we could have troubled them. I've got hope for Daka but he needs more time against some of the lesser teams to improve his game in this league. Iheanacho just doesn't work up front alone. 

We're too soft in midfield and we just don't have the players in the squad to change that. 

I'm not convinced by Rodgers but I think he made the right calls with the 11 and tactics today. His substitutions were poor. Those players were dropped for a reason, 4 days isn't going to change the issues with them. 

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

Because I don’t think a mid table finish after the last 2 years warrants being sacked. If we were 17th I’d think differently as I did with Ranieri. Ultimately the owners will do what they do, and I’ll back them either way.

But surely you can see that this is not going to turn around? Players uninterested, manager slagging his players off in the press, we’re in free fall? 

If all we are looking for is a response from forest and not get thrashed tonight, what kind of team are we becoming. If we're just looking to fight after being around the top 4 the past 2 seasons then we have real problems. We offered nothing tonight and I feel we'll concede more goals against West ham than we did tonight but as long as we show willing that is that all we ask? We shouldn't be accepting just fight that's what gets you relegated. Our form is relegation form, we lack physicality, passion and real direction. I know vardy is injured but him and iheanacho were tearing teams apart last season yet have rarely played together this season.

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Well, my only comment from this game is that Allison made one of the best saves I've seen tonight. Unbelievable how he kept out Maddisons early shot. Other than that, the rimming of a bang average DIaz annoyed me. 

Agreed on Diaz 

The line about ‘Cant believe that Robertson and Diaz have this understanding already’ 

They passed the ball around like I’d expect two Premier League, international capped footballers to do so

• Haha 1

I’m not sure if my feelings of relative content after that performance is because (1) it was actually a half decent performance with effort shown, or (2) I’ve moved the bar so low I was just pleasantly surprised we didn’t get smashed!?

Either way, I thought that was a respectable effort and had we been a little more accurate in the final third we could/should have caused them some real bother.

Thought Lookman was absolutely class, anyone who has the cheek to compare him to D.Gray is raving mad!

Edited by MalletFox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agreed on Diaz 

The line about ‘Cant believe that Robertson and Diaz have this understanding already’ 

They passed the ball around like I’d expect two Premier League, international capped footballers to do so

Haha aye. At half time Owen was waxing lyrical about him while they showed him scuff two crosses with left foot

Just now, MalletFox said:

I’m not sure if my feelings are relative content after that performance is because (1) it was actually a half decent performance with effort shown, or (2) I’ve moved the bar so low I was just pleasantly surprised we didn’t get smashed!?

Either way, I thought that was a respectable effort and had we been a little more accurate in the final third we could/should have caused them some real bother.

Thought Lookman was absolutely class, anyone who has the cheek to compare him to D.Gray is raving mad!

This is exactly what I thought, but the negativity around his performance on here gave me pause, so I am very glad you said it. :D

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Apollo said:

People not happy with the reaction to Forest - if we'd have gone gung-ho and lost 6-0 would you have been happy? Not going to get upset with a 2-0 loss away at Anfield - Sunday is a much bigger game. For what it's worth I don't want Rodgers to go - I think it's bonkers people seriously want him gone. Most neutral fans I know can't understand it all. It's a disappointing year no doubt, but it's hardly the end of the world, is it?

I would also put my house on us not being anywhere close to going down - typical reactionary comments. I'd rather the club gives a manager time (especially after, on the whole, 2 very good years). If we stagnate further next season, they should review it.

I'm a big Rodgers fan but even I have started to wonder if he's coming to the end of his time here. It just feels like it's a combination of things: a seemingly unhappy camp, some frankly disastrous recruitment and it what feels like guesswork tactics at times this season. That and our utter incompetence at set pieces.

I genuinely hope he turns it around because I think he's a very good manager but I think he's up against it. 

Edited by Tielemans63
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazzard said:

Why are we so shit from our own throw ins, we just can't get the ball or win it at all.

We need a long throw down the line a compete for the ball to lite weight but better than Sunday overall

I noticed when we had a series of throw ins on the left lookman was very static, he makes a run towards goal it gives maddision space to receive 

21 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly what the fuchs! Are you saying you seen the same effort today compared to Forest? Today was miles apart from Sunday! I thought defensively we were much better and we had a few good moments going forward. With some better decision making we could have sneaked a goal. Barnes and Nacho were awful yet again. Youri tried a bit harder but still poor. The starting 11 I thought all had decent games. 

Fair point if more effort shown 

however the fall out with the F@@@st result will stay with me for much longer being Loughboroough born and bread, the hatred with F@@@st runs deep

Free hit. Could've given more going forward in the second half, we had opportunities to score but really bar 15 minutes in the first half we weren't up to much and Liverpool were firmly in control ... another thing they seem to be in control of was the referee though. Two moments we the end of the first half, first letting them play straight on from our offside while we still had players up the field, which is a rare site, and then a minute after they won another free-kick, they move it forward 10+ yards, Maddison points it out to the ref and he just plays on! Then second half he seems to even it out by giving more 50/50 decisions to us, Klopp seems to call him over to the side of the pitch to have a word with him! lol

Kavanagh is usually always a terrible ref at our games.

Albrighton, Schmeichel good performances, shame about the second goal they just cranked the heat up. Justin still not match fit but doing well, he seems scared of competing in the air sometimes, which is understandable. Amartey wasn't bad. Lookman better left-side. KDH bright in spells, tries his heart and and quality on the ball and working midfield. Nice to see Soumare not hide from the pressure first half too. Still not enough change for me to have faith in the manager again. West Ham Sunday was already the bigger opportunity for us.

12 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

So we're celebrating effort now then? That's where we're at?

What are you expecting away at Liverpool; have you seen their home record?

I don't think Villa, Wolves, Brighton go there expecting to get anything. A battling performance to the end is about it, and we did that.

We lose at home to Norwich or Burnley and I might agree.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Did ok first half, felt we had a chance of getting something but didn't offer anywhere near enough in the second. Would have taken 2-0 at the start but it's another defeat and another goal from a set piece.