Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester v West Ham(Sunday 4.30)

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

We get it and BR sends us back into our shell trying to protect it. The Brighton game was awful when we dominated the first half, scored early in the second and then went to a back five soon after trying to see the last half hour out.

Agreed but the thought of going 1-0 down and that soon becoming 2/3 isn't too appealing either. At least if we do go ahead and Rodgers gets the tactics wrong then there is nowhere for him to hide. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Wow I knew we were bad but genuinely didn't know it was this bad. I'm sure all of those teams were relegated, apart from Villa, who just survived, so it really shows where our issues are at the moment. Defensive reinforcements in the summer please!! 

1 minute ago, shailen said:

Wow I knew we were bad but genuinely didn't know it was this bad. I'm sure all of those teams were relegated, apart from Villa, who just survived, so it really shows where our issues are at the moment. Defensive reinforcements in the summer please!! 

....our current lot might be ok in the championship 😢

32 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Our CB options are depressing.

Sad that I’d rather see two CDMs than our actual centre-backs. Fvcking hopeless.

I feel like it’s going to be a long day.

Whatever setup Brendan picks, it’s more than likely to include Amartey as a centre back, which does not bode well

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. we could just go for a "low block" if they are looking to counter attack us!!!

It would disrupt all West Ham's plans, as they would have to come forward and I  am sure they would not resist a lame duck team that is sitting back.

It is a struggle playing a team happy to defend deep and is organised and disciplined. We need to put them off their game.

Out back line being organised and disciplined lol

5 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Is it Fer Nino?

I'm not sure even having Fofana we'd be that much better off. Of course he would have made a difference but with Evans being out for most of this season, he'd have been alongside either Amartey or Soyuncu which might not have been great for him. Aside from our defence being a shambles this season, especially from set pieces, our midfield has also been pathetic at shielding the defence and teams have just strolled through us with ease. Ndidi hasn't been half the player he usually is when he's played in midfield and Soumare has been nowhere good enough and we all know that Tielemans hasn't shown anywhere near his usual form. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That's an unbelievable stat, scary one as well. It lies firmly at one person's door, no more clues.

Yeah, no injuries to blame, or individual errors or anything just Brendan, thought so.

12 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Whatever setup Brendan picks, it’s more than likely to include Amartey as a centre back, which does not bode well

Erm, apart from the Forest game he has been our best defender all season. Who do you suggest we play? Vestergaard? Hamza? 

Edited by FoxyJim1987

15 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Is it Fer Nino?

Had to google that. :D

We have a team full of competent defensive players and certainly better quality than all those other teams mentioned in that tweet. I don't mind being mid table if we had a mid table squad and I can accept conceding more goals if we don't have the personnel. 

Apparently BR wanted Vestegaard  against the scouting team's advice. The fact that we're struggling defensively and with CB injuries and he can't get a game ahead of a CDM in his position speaks volumes about his performance and the man who wanted him.

10 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

I accidentally forgot to change my captain on fantasy football from Antonio. It may turn out to be my best oversight yet :ph34r:

😂😂 I literally hate that game. Every time I make a change and take someone out my team they score. Took Foden out this week cos he hadn't scored in ages, and lo and behold, he scores. I've got Soucek this week so hope my luck continues...

Some people on here and maybe the majority of Leicester fans think we're unlikely to be relegated.

It is likely we could pissfart our way into the bottom 5/6 and its proven these players have no bottle.

Would they be up for a relegation battle?

On that positive note, come on you foxes:brendan:

Just now, Gerard said:

Had to google that. :D

We have a team full of competent defensive players and certainly better quality than all those other teams mentioned in that tweet. I don't mind being mid table if we had a mid table squad and I can accept conceding more goals if we don't have the personnel. 

Apparently BR wanted Vestegaard  against the scouting team's advice. The fact that we're struggling defensively and with CB injuries and he can't get a game ahead of a CDM in his position speaks volumes about his performance and the man who wanted him.

There's no doubt that Vestergaard and Bertrand have been huge mistakes. They wouldn't have mattered if we had a fully fit Ricardo, Justin, Evans and Fofana. This is what people are missing. Liverpool had no fit defenders last year and only scraped the top 4, which was hugely underachieving for them. Basically their keeper scored a header to get them top 4. This year we have had the same issues, no Castagne, Ricardo, Justin, Fofana or Evans nearly all season, and yet people expect us to still be near the top 4 or 6. When you also factor in the non performance of Barnes Soyuncu and to some extent Youri, then the injury to Vardy aswell, we are going to be mid table. I agree that in some games we still should have done better and played better and defending from set pieces is a joke which the coaching staff and Brendan has to accept responsibility for. But the crisis talks are a bit nonsense. Apart from Potter (would he come here, now or in the summer) who would actually do a better job or would have done better with all the injuries?

4 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Some people on here and maybe the majority of Leicester fans think we're unlikely to be relegated.

It is likely we could pissfart our way into the bottom 5/6 and its proven these players have no bottle.

Would they be up for a relegation battle?

On that positive note, come on you foxes:brendan:

The table could look dodgy at 6.30 if Newcastle win and we lose. Only 5 points above 4th bottom looks a bit precarious I agree, with Wolves and Arsenal to come away from home, and still to play Everton, Burnley away too. Suddenly would be a bit nervy.