Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester v West Ham(Sunday 4.30)

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

**** me, I wouldn’t want our fans as my fellow team mates or any kind of battle 

If that many team mates were turning against you at the same time, it might just be a sign that you personally were part of the problem?

Of course nothing personal meant but I think it's a reasonable analogy. Yes, some players have to take some of the blame but, Rodgers too has to acknowledge that he's not entirely blameless either instead of his egotistical aloofness and inability to be self critical. For me, he's a huge part of the reason why things have gone wrong for a long time now. If he can't acknowledge or personally understand that he is partly responsible then he won't learn any lessons, will continue on the same one trick pony philosophy and never become a top manager. 

• Like 2

West ham will make us think we're good by giving us the ball. We'll get to their 18 yard box and pass it around there for a bit until we inevitably lose it cheaply. They'll then attack at speed leaving Kaspar with no chance when it's 3 on 2.

West Ham will score at least 2.

Moyes will out think Rodgers in every area of the pitch.

• Like 3

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Amartey - Ndidi - Justin

Tielemans - Soumaré - KDH 

Maddison  -  Daka  -  Lookman 

Can be a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond) with Lookman pushed up alongside Daka and Maddison in the hole depending on how we’re getting on. 

10 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Schmeichel 

Ricardo - Amartey - Ndidi - Justin

Tielemans - Soumaré - KDH 

Maddison  -  Daka  -  Lookman 

Can be a 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2 (diamond) with Lookman pushed up alongside Daka and Maddison in the hole depending on how we’re getting on. 

Soumare - Are you kidding me he was awful last night......replace for Mendy

Edited by tickler28
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Soumare - Are you kidding me he was awful last night......replace for Mendy

Don’t think West Ham is the game for Papy, would get absolutely bullied by Rice and Soucek in midfield. Men against boys. Need all the additional height/ physicality we can manage. 

Also didn’t think Soumaré was too bad last night, better than he has been in recent weeks anyway. 

Said it in the Daka thread but, for me, I think only one formation actually gets our currently best players on the pitch and that's the diamond. I've not historically been a fan but I think we need to be looking at playing both Nacho and Daka and it's the best way of doing that. 

I genuinely think our best currently available eleven is something like:

Kasper 

JJ, Amartey, Soyuncu, Thomas 

Ndidi

Tielemans, KDH

Maddison 

Nacho, Daka

As I said in the other thread, Ndidi being able to actually sit and hold in front of the centre backs instead of being expected to commit further forward is much better for both him and our solidity. Also, KDH+Thomas and JJ+Tielemans are really good natural partnerships for balance. 

Thomas lacks the dynamism that KDH has, so Dewsbury Hall gets forward offering a bit of width there while Thomas covers. 

On the other side, Tielemans settles in and JJ overlaps, much like Youri linking up with Ricardo down that side during the peak of 19/20.

Also think its the best shape to negate West Ham, who have mugged us off repeatedly in recent years. Sure up the middle of the park and defend narrow like we did in 15/16. Push them wide and don't let the likes of Bowen cut in. 

Don't quite trust Soyuncu and Amartey defending crosses to Antonio like we would Wes and Huth but it's still preferable to letting their whole front three/four run straight through the middle of our team. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

For me, he's a huge part of the reason why things have gone wrong for a long time now. If he can't acknowledge or personally understand that he is partly responsible then he won't learn any lessons, will continue on the same one trick pony philosophy and never become a top manager. 

...I  think that ship has sailed!!!

He brings the same short comings every season and as you said does not tend to learn.

Outside of this club and it seems clubs that he has not managed he is held us as a elite manager. He believes the hype and that is why he is so poor in European football, and in the league, as any team he comes up against outwits him on a regular basis.

• Like 2

West Ham are like the play ground bully for us.  Brendon still hasn't devised a plan to counteract them, and if we continue to play against them wearing our tutu's and ballerina slippers, then it is going to be another bad day at the office.  I'm going at least 0-3 at half-time just so I can prepare myself for the usual disappointment.

1 hour ago, Le Renard said:

West Ham are like the play ground bully for us.  Brendon still hasn't devised a plan to counteract them, and if we continue to play against them wearing our tutu's and ballerina slippers, then it is going to be another bad day at the office.  I'm going at least 0-3 at half-time just so I can prepare myself for the usual disappointment.

I suspect this is the problem. We don't seem to be able to mix it with the physical side of things.