Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Leicester v West Ham(Sunday 4.30)

We need to start to get on the front foot and ask the opponent some questions. I’d like to think started Patson and Kelechi together, with Maddy behind them, could do that. Back 4 per yesterday, although perhaps rotate Ricky in for JJ, who is still building his fitness.

So that’s my 4 , my one and my two. Midfield 3? Not so clear. I think KDH, and two more. Hamza and Youri? Not sure Bouba has shown us much yet

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Is Zouma available to play?

Yes 

2 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Moyes says Zouma is "available" for the game. He really won't want to cross the line onto the pitch, will he?

Why not ? But  We need to make him feel like he isn’t welcome - we can make it so uncomfortable for him and the whole West Ham team if we can be bothered … 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I suspect this is the problem. We don't seem to be able to mix it with the physical side of things. 

That’s also my concern, or one of them. I dread to think what our lot would be like If we were to be hauled into the mire and have to scrap to stay up.

They seem mentally weak, fragile and lacking in spirit.

• Like 2

This is a dicey game for the hammers.

we are at home and we should be ready to go to battle that means we play to win every ball! No one gets a free header anymore. Let Hamza loose to cause some damage. Zumba is gonna feel the heat.

most neutrals will in this game want us to beat them purely to punish moyes and his board to be so tone deaf and continue playing a criminal. We have the watching public on our side so hope our home fans bring the noise. COYF!!! :chant:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

we are at home and we should be ready to go to battle that means we play to win every ball! No one gets a free header anymore. Let Hamza loose to cause some damage. Zumba is gonna feel the heat.

most neutrals will in this game want us to beat them purely to punish moyes and his board to be so tone deaf and continue playing a criminal. We have the watching public on our side so hope our home fans bring the noise. COYF!!! :chant:

Almost Churchillian. 😝

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

....Moyes is not going to let anyone tell him who to play and when!!!

Let us have Hamza in a role where he reads the game better and is calm and assured in everything that he does. No action man manifestation on the pitch, win the ball lay it off to KDH or Maddison and screen the backline. Charging around the pitch is not how he plays and we need to take that out of his game. We are not a physical team and a rigid adherence to a formation where everyone buys into will give us a chance in this team.

We do not want to go toe to toe with West Ham, we cannot match their work rate and their midfield is a match for anyone. A 4-3-3 formation at least, Soucek and Rice are enough to handle, we cannot afford not to compete in this area. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Does seem silly that you can get a ban for an old tweet when you were a kid but not for booting a pet 

This is a very good point. In another universe Zouma tells his club that too ashamed to play for at least 6 games  Asks club to donate wages  to animal charity

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Moyes is not going to let anyone tell him who to play and when!!!

Let us have Hamza in a role where he reads the game better and is calm and assured in everything that he does. No action man manifestation on the pitch, win the ball lay it off to KDH or Maddison and screen the backline. Charging around the pitch is not how he plays and we need to take that out of his game. We are not a physical team and a rigid adherence to a formation where everyone buys into will give us a chance in this team.

We do not want to go toe to toe with West Ham, we cannot match their work rate and their midfield is a match for anyone. A 4-3-3 formation at least, Soucek and Rice are enough to handle, we cannot afford not to compete in this area. 

Agreed. They are a big physical side so we should try to outmuscle them. That said we do need to put in the challenges particularly at corners and put them off kilter.  We have had success at playing between the lines with runners and quick passes. I don’t think there will be too many surprises in selection but we need application and bravery on the ball to beat this lot. It’s doable with the crowd behind us mind. It will be close but I think we will nick it by a goal 2-1. 

Allowing the players are fit...

Schmeichel.   

Ricardo.   Amartey    Hamza.    Justin

Ndidi

Tielemans.            KDH

Maddison

Lookman.   Daka

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Allowing the players are fit...

Schmeichel.   

Ricardo.   Amartey    Hamza.    Justin

Ndidi

Tielemans.            KDH

Maddison

Lookman.   Daka

I think thats a good suggestion but I think id just slightly lean towards swapping hamza and Ndidi. 

and if you are playing 2 up top it would be criminal not to play nacho  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

I'm not so sure about neutrals wanting us to win after the performance by the mob last week. 

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

No disrespect brother but have you been to any games recently?

Our players dont doo what Ive outlined in bold anymore.

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1