Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bernie - A Leicester City Legend, RIP

RIP Bernie remember an away game at Bristol Rovers when he travelled on Foxes travel, after the game we were heading back to the coaches he looked lost, someone asked him what coach he was on to which he replied no. 9, not sure if he had been to the pub before the game, but we had only took 8 coaches. 

• Haha 3

Only met him once (outside a pub near Walkers stadium for a Wolves away game) but it made a lasting impression. Someone outed me as a Wolves fan and I got 5 mins of "WOLVERHAMPTON? WHO ARE YA?" directed at me from Bernie. All in good spirits though. 

RIP Bernie. 

Didn't he used to walk to the games even though it was miles away for him. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP Bernie.

I'll never forget the experience of having a piss next to you in the Kop once.

Mainly because it mentally disturbed me and the turgid stench is engraved in my memory.

Pretty sure I had to throw those jeans away too.

A true character and hope he enjoyed our recent successes.

Distinct memory of walking past him outside the ground at West Brom away, probably about 13/14 years ago now. Remember him shouting "Wolves are better than you lot" or something along those lines, directed at no one in particular to the fences where you could see some of the home fans going in - loved the passion of the bloke for LCFC.

It's amazing how many different Leicester fans, of all ages and of all walks of life, have some sort of memory and association of seeing him at a Leicester game and also everyone knowing his name as well. A true Leicester fan lost - RIP Bernie.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Walked/cycled to a lot of games at his fittest. 

When I was a kid, I once seen him down the A6 leaving Loughborough, I assume back to his home. 

I remember seeing him walking against traffic in the road up St Margret's Way. No one pipped, they just drove round him. I think everyone in Leicester knew him.

Many happy memories of Bernie from when I began going to the matches in the mid 90’s. 

One of the best was on the train with Leeds fans and Bernie drunkenly naming random things from Yorkshire winding them up “Last of the summer wine, heartbeat, toffee apples” 😂

Used to see him in Morrisons with his sister and she was even more mental than he was! 

Blackburn away in the FA cup quarter final with him standing in a pile of horse shit from the police horses and someone made it into a t-shirt with the slogan “we’re in it together”. 

RIP Bernie

• Haha 2