Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bernie - A Leicester City Legend, RIP

RIP Bernie. As true a Leicester fan as they come.

Am I right in thinking there was an article about him years ago? I thought it was posted on here but can’t find it when searching. I think it was in a match day programme.

I’m sure it talked about how he walked to games and it featured a picture of him that most of us wouldn’t recognise.

My abiding memory of him was at Huddersfield away when we'd just won the Championship. Dad bought him a packet of crisps and he proceeded to spend the next hour yelling "'UDDERSFIELD, WHO ARE THEY?! HOME OF RUGBY LEAGUE". lol
Get the man a statue next to Vardy's.
:ricardo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Such a funny guy. A genuine laugh at the away games, hearing the famous ‘ARGHHHHHH.’ 

Always remember him walking past the coaches at Barnsley away and going to mooning them thinking they were Barnsley fans. 

Was sat next to him at a pre-season friendly against Pompey, and he was giving it to the away fans despite us being sat in the kop corner of the west stand, and only the west stand being open. 

RIP. 

So many memories of the great guy. My favourite though was going to Derby think it was 06/07 season. He was stood arguing with the Brian Clough statue outside pride park 😂😂 the coppers where all stood laughing. Going in the toilets and he’s a in a cubicle shouting about forest being not very good. Goodbye Bernie the legend will never die. Keep the blue flag flying high. 

• Haha 1

Met and sat next to him in 2009, he turned to my wife and cousin and said "dont worry, im alright"... before returning to abusing Forest AAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....while we watched Derby:).... the real Leicester experience.

The last of the old Leicester has passed with the passing of Bernie

• Like 1

Absolute legend. He was a raving, drunken lunatic at times but he was our raving drunken lunatic and he was always well looked after whenever he went away by fellow fans from my experience. RIP Bernie. My personal favourite “DERBY’S FULL OF SHEEP, DERBY’S FULL OF SHEEEP. BAHHHHHHHH ARGHHHHHHH”

💙🦊💙

Edited by GingerrrFox

RIP. God bless Bernie hope the football gods have a Special place for him to cheer up their. What a cheerful and dedicated fan he was. One of the last of his kind I guess. Sorry he had to watch our city in a slump during his final days. Bet he was still positive and hopeful. We could all try a little of that right now.

Sad news

My abiding memory of him was 15/16…. My family and I were standing outside the Swan and Rushes…. He came past yibbering and yabbering (as he did) and he managed to deliver the most perfect globule of phlegm directly into my daughters Coca Cola…

I said she should drink it up as it was good luck…. She declined and made go and get her another 

So glad that he saw our big moment !

Edited by Wolfox
  • Haha 1

It is sad that he has passed away and yes he was a city fanatic. Only memories I’ve got of him over last 10 years was smelly, drunk vile man who shouldn’t of been allowed in to the ground. Yes I know I’ll get grief but wasn’t a city legend he was a Piss head. But saying that it is sad he has passed away