Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bernie - A Leicester City Legend, RIP

I remember walking along Aylestone Road post match behind two young Crystal Palace fans just as Bernie stepped out of the chip shop right in front of them doing his trademark arrrghhh. Both of them jumped to one side obviously startled and legged it up the road. Bloody funny but they must've gone back to London with an interesting impression of Leicester fans :teehee:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Maybe in the 16th minute of the match (the year we won the league. We can have an minute applause with some chants of there's "theres only one Bernie" finish off with "Aaarrrghhh" let's make it happen. 

If you make that happen I’ll eat my hat 

Bernie managed to turn up at both my kids first LCFC games, 5 years apart. The oldest, about 4 at the time, took his hat off and threw it accross the local hero. The look of sheer terror on his face as Bernie chased him round the pub that day shouting aaarrrggghhh will never leave me!

RIP.

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What happened to him from that guy in the pic? 

From the players named in the article that's from the 75/76 season, 46/47 years ago. He was late 80's when he died wasn't he, so he earlier 40's in that photo. Life happened. Some people react old age with their mind intact, others sadly don't. 

• Like 2

Just now, Facecloth said:

From the players named in the article that's from the 75/76 season, 46/47 years ago. He was late 80's when he died wasn't he, so he earlier 40's in that photo. Life happened. Some people react old age with their mind intact, others sadly don't. 

Yeah but even 10 years ago he was abit nuts. I guess lack of any family would affect him.

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah but even 10 years ago he was abit nuts. I guess lack of any family would affect him.

He was still an old man 10 years ago.

And as others have said, he had issues, including the booze. He was who he was though, its a shame he got into the state he was, both physically and mentally, but I'm glad he got to live his final years in comfort with care.

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

He was still an old man 10 years ago.

And as others have said, he had issues, including the booze. He was who he was though, its a shame he got into the state he was, both physically and mentally, but I'm glad he got to live his final years in comfort with care.

Yeah credit to him living to 88 that’s mad 

30 minutes ago, Pinfox said:

I remember seeing him at Palace away in the early 2000s I think. For all his antics and issues, you wonder how he found a way to get these games. His heart was in the right place. Great to read the stories of him here.. RIP Bernie

Fox Travel in his later years I think, my mate got to enjoy his company on a bus to Cov.

11 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Make the statue of the legend complete with horse muck. Right outside the away end at the ground would be perfect.

I was about 10 yards away when that photo was taken, having a pint in the car park of the pub, near Blackburn's ground. 

At various stadiums around the country, I've often heard disturbing grunting and shuffling noises coming from the toilet cubicles, only for Bernie to emerge not long after, sometimes followed by (regardless of which division we're in or who we're playing that day) a quick "Grimsby Town aaaaarrghh!".

I remember him walking along the entire front of the away end at Southend once, with one by one every policeman and steward doing a double take as he passed them.

I did have the misfortune of being 2 seats from him at Brighton once though, well within range of his 'fragrance'. Fortunately he didn't return for the 2nd half.

RIP Bernie

40 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

I was about 10 yards away when that photo was taken, having a pint in the car park of the pub, near Blackburn's ground. 

At various stadiums around the country, I've often heard disturbing grunting and shuffling noises coming from the toilet cubicles, only for Bernie to emerge not long after, sometimes followed by (regardless of which division we're in or who we're playing that day) a quick "Grimsby Town aaaaarrghh!".

I remember him walking along the entire front of the away end at Southend once, with one by one every policeman and steward doing a double take as he passed them.

I did have the misfortune of being 2 seats from him at Brighton once though, well within range of his 'fragrance'. Fortunately he didn't return for the 2nd half.

RIP Bernie

started off a nice story, not really a need for the end given the circumstances of the thread