Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

‘The new face of hooliganism’ - The Times

Lad next to me last night who barely looked old enough for a pint had some coke in the stand a couple of times next to me. Brought it in one of those sugar sachets or something, oddly. Spent the last 15 minutes of the first half propped on the railings looking at the floor, came back up after half time looking rotten and did some more 10 minutes later.

:dunno:

Hard times and people frustrated with life use an excuse in the name of football to create unnecessary violence. The pandemic, Job losses in certain sectors, high living costs, inflation all plays it part. 

My opinion is simple; cause violence like we saw against forest and you’re not a football fan. However, the reason for it increasing is as I state above. All these things create frustration against society and that boils over to the scenes we see now.

16 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I remember Everton away a few years ago they have sniffer dogs outside the away end. When it was my turn I started stroking the dog because it's my natural reaction when I see a dog and this old scouse steward said "LEAVE 'HIM!". The dog sniffed me and they pulled me to one side and said "right, the dog says you've got drugs!" to which I replied "well technically the dog's not saying anything" and he like "alright smart arse, empty your pockets" and they discovered that I didn't have drugs on me. 

Plot twist - they were up your arse all along

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I hope that doesn't mean that there isn't a problem that needs sorting here, though. 

Every club has hooligans and bellends, it's slightly worse than it's been atm because of the last two years that we've had. It's no worse than it was 5 or 7 years ago though.

Football hooliganism will never go away though, anyone that thinks it will is kidding themselves, it's only become a lesser occurrence due to better CCTV. In the early 00s and late 00s it was rife and happening most weeks, regardless of whether it was written about in the papers or people were caught and sentenced.

EDIT: That obviously doesn't mean there isn't a problem though, and one that needs sorting, just it's been much worse and a huge deal wasn't made of it.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Every club has hooligans and bellends, it's slightly worse than it's been atm because of the last two years that we've had. It's no worse than it was 5 or 7 years ago though.

Football hooliganism will never go away though, anyone that thinks it will is kidding themselves, it's only become a lesser occurrence due to better CCTV. In the early 00s and late 00s it was rife and happening most weeks, regardless of whether it was written about in the papers or people were caught and sentenced.

Fair enough, I'll happily buy into your greater expertise in this matter.

I do hope that we might continue to mitigate it, though - football really shouldn't be an excuse for idiots to get violent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Hard times and people frustrated with life use an excuse in the name of football to create unnecessary violence. The pandemic, Job losses in certain sectors, high living costs, inflation all plays it part. 

My opinion is simple; cause violence like we saw against forest and you’re not a football fan. However, the reason for it increasing is as I state above. All these things create frustration against society and that boils over to the scenes we see now.

I wonder is the problem increasing in Germany  France, Italy, Spain etc. If yes then perhaps covid etc may be a factor. If not then maybe more a case of scummy behaviour from UK citizens. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

EDIT: That obviously doesn't mean there isn't a problem though, and one that needs sorting, just it's been much worse and a huge deal wasn't made of it.

More cokeheads at home games than I've ever seen before.

It's almost weird though our block doesn't have many ST holders which is worse. Reckon the majority are daytrippers

41 minutes ago, kenny said:

More cokeheads at home games than I've ever seen before.

It's almost weird though our block doesn't have many ST holders which is worse. Reckon the majority are daytrippers

Coke is more popular now than ever tbf, it's everywhere, just like drinking a pint on a Saturday, it's the norm. Wouldn't class these as 'hooligans' though, only my opinion though!

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Coke is more popular now than ever tbf, it's everywhere, just like drinking a pint on a Saturday, it's the norm. Wouldn't class these as 'hooligans' though, only my opinion though!

The ones that occasionally sit near us are antisocial though and everyone is described as some type of c*nt.

Bit sad when they are next to families probably coming for the first time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kenny said:

The ones that occasionally sit near us are antisocial though and everyone is described as some type of c*nt.

Bit sad when they are next to families probably coming for the first time. 

To be honest I'm sick of scum. To blame alcohol or coke I don't  care. Too many people just don't know how to behave and can't be excused.

12 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

I'm having a hard time squaring this view with the fact that Stone Island jackets and coke are expensive.  Building up enough points to be top of the list for away tickets is not cheap either.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, KingsX said:

I'm having a hard time squaring this view with the fact that Stone Island jackets and coke are expensive.  Building up enough points to be top of the list for away tickets is not cheap either.

They’re prob buying a fake SI from the market and snorting baking powder tbf 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, KingsX said:

But you can save for the important things in life when you’re living at home with mummy and daddy 

21 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

I wonder is the problem increasing in Germany  France, Italy, Spain etc. If yes then perhaps covid etc may be a factor. If not then maybe more a case of scummy behaviour from UK citizens. 

France has had numerous games stopped this season due to pitch invasions, fighting in the stands, throwing objects at players. 

All of the other countries haven’t had 100% crowds this season and that’s mostly resulted in their more fanatic supporters staying away. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

France has had numerous games stopped this season due to pitch invasions, fighting in the stands, throwing objects at players. 

All of the other countries haven’t had 100% crowds this season and that’s mostly resulted in their more fanatic supporters staying away. 

Thank you for info. Almost good to know to that not all the nutters are English

56 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

England is probably the safest country in Europe to watch football. The idea that we're still "leading the scene" (as it were) with a higher proportion of active hooligans than anywhere else is so wide of the mark it's laughable.

I remember even in 70s I always felt safe despite the bad press the game got in the media

• 6 months later...
On 11/02/2022 at 10:31, RoboFox said:

The thing is most of the 'old school' come out for the bigs games all stone island up yet when it comes to it shut themselves,I was a prominent member of the ybs when we started it up,was always us young lot Avin a row,we were game as ****,hear the young lot now are(I'm 30) and av mrs and kids and don't bother anymore,pisses me off that you get the so called old school sitting in family stand with the kids in the s.i gear,yet when push comes to shove and it's gonna kick off say 'av got me kids',that's well and fine but then don't wear the clobber to say your a lad if your a has been,most so called lads ain't even as a row,gaur enter that out of 50 lads(hate it when folk say there was 200 there today)only a dozen tops will av it,the rest **** off back to the tavern and av the cheek to say they've just 'had it'!

Is this a parody post? 

YBS started in mid eighties anyway. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2