Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
thesilverbluefox

Quick Overview of our Players

Kasper - Legend kicking could be better.

Ward - Good stand in only

Ricky- Quality 

JJ - Quality

Amartey - Had his moments but not good enough  

Evans- Legend - when fit still one of the best CH in Prem

Soyuncu - From Legend to Leg End

Little Wes - Legend & when fit WILL be the best CH in the Prem

Vestergaard - Useless

Thomas - Legend in the making

Timothy- Not cut it for me 

Albrighton- Legend 

Youri - Legend but now letting us down big time with effortless performances

Maddison - Quality come Legend 

Ndidi - Legend 

Soumare - Not good enough 

KDH - Legend in the making

Mendy - Gives his all when selected

Praat - liked him

Barnes - Legend in the making 

Kelechi - Never fulfilled just how good he can be, inconsistent 

Lookman- Quality when played in natural position 

Perez - Shame he never played as well for us as he did at Newcastle 

Daka - Not fit to lace Jamie's boots

Vardy - Total Legend sets perfect example how to play for the shirt.

Last but not least Manager Rodgers - Gone from very much sought after manager to confirming what Liverpool fans said would happen. Eventually we will witness BORING football under him and will run out of ideas.

Thoughts?

Harsh on Iheanacho. Totally carried us second half of last season single-handedly and when he’s played this season he’s been one of our better players alongside Vardy and Maddison. But was bizarrely forced out to try and shoehorn an out of sorts Barnes into the side early on this season when he was statistically one of the best attacking players in Europe.

I think he absolutely has started to fulfill his potential over the past 12-14 months.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
22 minutes ago, thesilverbluefox said:

Kasper - Legend kicking could be better. Agree. Should we be paying £100k per week for a goalkeeper?

Ward - Good stand in only. Waste of money -£12m for a bench warmer.

Ricky- Quality . Was, but not at the moment, following his injury

JJ - Quality.Hopefully he is quality again, after his injury

Amartey - Had his moments but not good enough  Agree

Evans- Legend - when fit still one of the best CH in Prem. Not sure he is a legend. Recent injuries will probably be the end of him

Soyuncu - From Legend to Leg End Relies on having players like Evans and Fofana next to him, to make him look good

Little Wes - Legend & when fit WILL be the best CH in the Prem Need to see what happens after he returns from injury, but certainly an exciting talent

Vestergaard - Useless Spot on

Bertrand - Ditto

Thomas - Legend in the making. Too early to say. Painfully exposed defensively at times, in a Chilwell sort of way. Let's see where he is in twelve months' time

Timothy- Not cut it for me Agree - jury is still out

Albrighton- Legend Only a 'legend' because he was in the Premier League winning side. Think his time is running out at this level

Youri - Legend but now letting us down big time with effortless performances Legend for scoring the FA Cup winning goal. Does not have the extra yard of pace to make him a really good player. Goes missing too often when we need him

Maddison - Quality come Legend Recent form has been good. Can he sustain it

Ndidi - Legend He was, but this season he has been disappointing 

Soumare - Not good enough Possibly,in a Mendy sort of way, but give him till the end of the season and let's see what he looks like then

KDH - Legend in the making Too early to tell. Useful contributions going forward, not so sure about his defensive duties

Mendy - Gives his all when selected Overall, he's been poor to average at best.

Praat - liked him Struggled to make an impact. Always wondered why we bought him

Barnes - Legend in the making Probably one of the biggest disappointments this season. 

Kelechi - Never fulfilled just how good he can be, inconsistent He's been much better in the past twelve months or so.

Lookman- Quality when played in natural position Not convinced - rejected by Everton and played for a side that was relegated

Perez - Shame he never played as well for us as he did at Newcastle  Totally and utter waste of money. Let's hope he's playing for Newcastle next season

Daka - Not fit to lace Jamie's boots He's made a good start. Hopefully he can build on this

Vardy - Total Legend sets perfect example how to play for the shirt. Absolutely. Without him we would we be a mid Premier League team at best

Last but not least Manager Rodgers - Gone from very much sought after manager to confirming what Liverpool fans said would happen. Eventually we will witness BORING football under him and will run out of ideas. Needs a P45 asap

Thoughts?

Edited by StevieLynex

Kasper - Quality GK.

Ward - Decent back up, will never be No1.

Ricky - Great player when fit. Never been the same since his injury.

JJ - Top player on his day.

Big Dan - Utility player. Hit and miss though.

Evans - Great PL defender but coming to the end of his career.

Soy - Was a cult hero, now a villain. Crap.

Fofana - Shit hot but coming back from massive injury.

Vestergaard - Very limited defender that needs to be moved on.

Thomas - Promising fullback.

Castagne - Decent fullback that can play both sides.

Albrighton - Gives his all every time he plays but is coming to the end of his career.

Youri - Very talented young man that could play at the top. Legend just for that FA cup goal.

Maddison - Very important player for us. Usually when he plays well we get a result.

Ndidi - One of the best CDM’s in the game.

Soumare - Has no confidence whatsoever.

KDH - Works his bollocks off and has really impressed. He will become a very important player for us.

Mendy - Fringe player but could possibly still do a job for us of given the chance.

Praet - Never settled here because of better players in front of him.

Barnes - Talented lad. Has become an important player to the squad recently.

Nacho - Fantastic finisher who still doesn’t get enough game time imo.

Lookman - Impressed by him. Think we should bring him in permanently.

Perez - Very hit and miss. Experienced at this level but has struggled holding down a first team place.

Daka - A natural finisher but improvement needed in his movement. Vardy’s replacement hopefully.

Vardy - LEGEND. Build this man a statue. Probably has another season in him :(

• Like 2

Easiest way to explain this thread is our first choice 11 plus maybe 3 bench players are top quality and will challenge anyone in the league with them on the pitch.

Beyond that 14, the others aren’t of the quality required to challenge for the top spots on a regular basis - hence this season and the fall away at the end of last season when the injuries came.

Unfortunately for us, there are not many players who are of the highest quality who are going to come here and be happy to be on the bench or rotated. So we need players like Choudhury, Albrighton and Amartey who are happy to be squad players and do a job where relied upon. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Albrighton - Gives his all every time he plays but is coming to the end of his career.

Jeez, he’s only 32, don’t take him out the back and shoot him just yet, eh.  lol

Marc Albrighton is an absolute Leicester City legend and showed against Liverpool that he still has fire in his belly.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Why do people bring up Lookman was relegated as a bad thing and we shouldn’t sign him?

Roy Keane was relegated

Juninho was relegated

Paulo Di Canio was relegated 

Mark Viduka was relegated 

Andy Robertson, Harry Maguire, Muzzy, Les Ferdinand, Wijnaldum, the list goes on.

Football is a team game not an individual game and sometimes quality players get relegated!

Exactly. We were on course to relegate Esteban Cambiasso too, until we pulled off the Great Escape.

My Assessment: 

Schmeichel - Best keeper the club has had in term of trophies. Brilliant reactions shot stopper. Short distribution isn’t great but what a weapon that long kick to Vardy was at times. A club legend that will be fondly remembered when he hangs up his gloves.

Ward - A waste of £12m to be honest, as he’s not at the level to push Kasper, based on the little we’ve seen of him. We should look to get some money back, if possible.

Iversen - Will be the heir to the throne in two years time. A loan to a Premier League team like Brentford would be good next season.

Ricardo - Would state pre injury he was the most valuable asset the club had. However hasn’t looked the same since but injuries take time. Needs to renew his contract or be moved on in the summer. 

JJ - Solid player and versatile. Still young and looks better as an inverted fullback, as that allows him to come inside and drive through the middle of the pitch. Okay defensively but can’t jump at the moment it seems. Still young and will improve. He was unfortunate with the injury.

Amartey - Signed as a midfielder, shifted to centre back, “Kisnorbo” style. He’s old school and pragmatic in many ways but isn’t of the required quality to push the elite of the league, He’s got no concentration levels and at times sloppy in an area of the pitch that you can’t be. He’ll leave at the end of this season when his contract expires I’d imagine.

Evans - Has been a calming head in our defence and held it together at time. He himself has at times been reckless and his injury appears to have finished him. I’d imagine we’ll review in the summer but if he offers very little, it’ll be a Morgan type role within the squad or retirement. 

Soyuncu - At best playing a higher line, held him utilise his pace to get us out of trouble. He’s rash, and overly aggressive at the wrong time and can’t head for toffee. It’s the wrong time to sell

him, as he’s devalued himself so much with poor form. We need to play to his strengths and that isn’t having an Amartey or Vestergaard next to him. 

Fofana - Terrible injury and we’ll need to see what he comes back like. Clearly destined for the top and I’d imagine we’ll be getting interest in the summer. Personally fee we should move for Saliba as a partner for him if possible, as that might prolong his stay. He will play for a top team I’d imagine but could see him going to a PSG, Barca etc

Vestergaard - Was never suited to us really and it was a strange signing. Clearly wasn’t meant to be getting the minutes he did but he doesn’t allow us to press without leaving large gaps between the midfield and defence, as he constant looks like he’s running in custard. Surprisingly poor aerially given his size but sometimes just being a presence and blocking runners might help. 

Thomas - Links up well with Barnes and is good offensively. Still young and will improve. Let’s not joke that he’s at Chillwells level though. He’s been poor defensively and needs to add more aggression and physicality to his game. 

Castagne - I’ve never got the hype, for me we didn’t need him when he signed, as I’d have preferred an actual left back. By all accounts doesn’t really want to be here and I’d have no objections with him leaving. He’s a decent player but isn’t going to improve. We’d struggle to get back what we paid for him. it’s okay signing versatile players, they’re not going to elevate us to a level that we aspire to be at.

Bertrand - Looked okay pre season but Covid and injury have derailed him. Again it was a strange signing as despite needing a left back, he was clearly signed as a cheap replacement for Fuchs. We’ll struggle to move him on due to the reported wages we’re paying, therefore he’s stuck here for another 12 months. 

Albrighton - If you could bottle his enthusiasm and determination, then feed it to the rest of the squad, we’d be in a much higher league position. Whilst no Manager that has come into the club has really fancied him to begin with, they’ve come

to appreciate what he offers. He’s been brilliant for us but I’d imagine he’ll leave at the end of his contract. He still has a part to play for his up until that point. 

Youri - Will always be remembered for that goal in the FA final, however don’t let that detect from what else he’s given is during his time here. Despite lacking pace, he’s technically a very smart and gifted player that when he’s on it, can change a game in his instance. Is he was quicker, or even that bit more defensively solid, he’d be amongst the worlds elite midfielders. I don’t prescribe to the fact he’s downed tools this season, however something is off and maybe he’s just been overplayed and he needs the rest. It’s not done and dusted yet and maybe if we finished strong this season, you never know. He isn’t a captain though and that mistake was on Rodgers. 

Maddison - Technically our most gifted player since Mahrez. Has struggled during the past 12 months and I’d attribute that to his off field changes with a young family. It changes everyone and we’ve all had sleepless nights that has impacted us. People forget sometimes what a humble person he can be and only see the PR and social media side of him. He’s central to our future and we need to keep him with us for the long term,

Ndidi - A destroyer and maybe one of the best in the world at doing that. Try and expand that game like Rodgers has done and it was always going to be tough. He’s not a footballer really, as he can’t pass, can’t shoot, not great on the air but understand how to tackle and defend. Needs moving back to the simple stuff and offloading passes to Maddison and Tielemans. I’m not sure a larger club would take him due to his limitations. 

Soumare - We’ve not seen the player he was at Lille, however he needs time to adjust. Not everyone comes out of the box swinging so to say. Let’s see how he develops over the next 12 - 18 months. 

KDH - Our breakout star of the season and he hasn’t looked out of place in the Premier League. Has similar work rate and grit to Albrighton; and by all accounts is the fitness player at the club. One to build the club around going forwards and see how he develops in the next 12 - 18 months. 

Mendy - Signed as the Kante replacement but outside of stature, it was never going to work. Was brilliant at the start of last season and really showed what could have been if not for that early  injury into his Leicester career. Wrong cut from this years squad in my opinion but what’s done is done. He’d have got a lot more minutes and looks after the ball far better than N’Didi does. No doubt he’ll go in the summer.

Praat - Technically very sound and not that different to KDH, which is why I assumed we let him move to Torino. He was really starting to improve last year however even in Italy this season, he’s struggled to set the world alight. He’ll be most likely sold in the summer for a loss. 

Barnes - Quick and direct offensively, lazy and lacks positionally sense defensively. He’s not skilful so his game will most likely expire when he’s into his late 20s / early 30s. He’s very much a very old fashioned winger. He’ll never play as a loan forward, as he’s no hold up player or  aggression to do that. Not a naturally finisher in the same way Daka is. I’d be tempted to entertain bids at the right price. 

Iheanacho- Much better in a two and dragged us through the 2nd half of last season. I’d be disappointed to see him leave, as he’s an asset to the squad. I could see why he’d want to leave. His hold up play and first touch  when playing as a deep lying forward allowed us to get up the pitch, something that hasn’t happened this season. 

Lookman- I’m still undecided. Is he better than Barnes? I’m not sure. Similar to Barnes in the fact he has no defensive ability really. He’s not really the person we want, unless we’re selling Barnes. 

Perez - Seems to have largely been sidelined since the West Ham game. Great contribution and his work rate in the press has been key. Unfortunately we massively overpaid at £30m and isn’t clinical enough to justify getting a starting spot ahead of our other forwards. 

Daka - Still early days but looks really promising. He’s a natural goal scorer. To think he’s got to partner both Vardy and Haaland at various clubs! I’m convinced he’s the long term Vardy replacement and he’s already done more than the likes of Kramaric, Slimani etc have done. Don’t write him off yet. 

Vardy - Now in the twilight of his career. Exceptional service and it’ll be interesting with how we handle his contract situation. He’s not the all action player he once was but he’s improve his on the ball game to be amongst the deadliest strikers in the world around the 6 yard box. He’d be amongst the top goal scorers in the Premier League had his football career started earlier. It didn’t though and he got his fairytale rags to riches story with us and is Mr Leicester City.

• Like 1

Certainly a conversation starter, but where to actually start?

Alphabetically...

Sorry but Amarty is a Legend, any chance he gets he takes it, really fvcking tries, always looking for danger, talks, head on a swivel, like he's watching trains.. to me it's obvious how much work he's put in to learn that cb role. And didn't we buy him as a box to box?

5 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I love that your grading criteria is pretty much 'legend' or 'shit' with no middle ground lol

Reminds me of my old Boss, who at a work meal announced his appraisal system which he called good, good, good, w**k, where 1 in every 4 employees had to be w**k.
He then went around the table telling people whether they were good or w**k, with every 4th one being w**k. Unfortunately for him our new MD was in the 4th seat  and the HR rep was in the 8th seat around the table and were both assigned as w**k. He got the chop when the next round of redundancies came about.. 

Edited by turlo
  • Haha 2

I feel like a lot of people have seen a different Castagne to the one I've watched. Always thought he's one of the better fringe players. Good defensively and can be pretty good going forward too. Some of the criticism of him has always felt a bit misplaced.

No, he's not our best player in any of the positions he's played in, but his versatility makes him a great squad player

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Jeez, he’s only 32, don’t take him out the back and shoot him just yet, eh.  lol

Marc Albrighton is an absolute Leicester City legend and showed against Liverpool that he still has fire in his belly.

Why did I think he was older than that? Thought he was Vardy’s age lol