Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs West Ham - Match Thread

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

West Ham haven’t been particularly good, we were gifted an equaliser let’s step it up because these are very beatable 

They are an average team doing well in an average league

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
1 minute ago, ronnup said:

Game 

He's been awful last 3 games, he's got so many mistakes in him I struggle to relax when watching him....20 years ago he would of been a club legend but the game has moved on so much that every mistake gets punished now

3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Which he is. He's been quality. So stop bagging him. 

he's been crap, took him nearly 30 minutes to play a forward pass stopped our momentum several times and they went back to the defence, took the penalty well but he has been poor.

Bid Dan standing there when Antonio was down has summed up what Brendan has done to this side, stood still waiting for it to happen rather than making something happen

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevieLynex said:

They are an average team doing well in an average league

Yeah Outside Liverpool, chelsea and Man City, there is a huge gap. You only have to see the difference from Liverpool to now West Ham. We look like we can beat these 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, southfox66 said:

We  got lucky, for most of the half we were *****, Rodgers needs to lay into them half time. 

That tactic didn’t work after the Forest game

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

A gift of a penalty has papered over another hideous first half. They've had 1 chance and scored it and we have created nothing. The penalty hopefully will give us a bit of confidence going into the 2nd half but we've not threatened West ham at all. 

We gifted them a silly goal and they gifted us a pen. Even Stevens.

However, we've actually been the better side in the half - albeit without creating anything of note.

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

Just now, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

He's been awful last 3 games, he's got so many mistakes in him I struggle to relax when watching him....20 years ago he would of been a club legend but the game has moved on so much that every mistake gets punished now

given the current alternate option is Vestergaard...

Fofana apparently returns to full training tomorrow, Thursday will be too soon to start but maybe next Sunday

1 minute ago, tsintskaro said:

Barnes being shite is not a mystery to me

but Ndidi is half a player he used to be and that does not make sense

Probably time to move him on. Been overall a very good player for us, but think it would do him and us the world of good to get someone else in.

He's been worse since we moved to playing a 2 man pivot in middle of the park, because he doesn't make as many challenges and isn't as good at moving the ball forwards as Tielemans. Rodgers went 4231 instead of 4141 when he first got here to make games less chaotic, but for me it makes us way more predictable. I'd argue that moving to 4231 as a club made Tielemans a lot better, but took away from Ndidi's natural game.

He's been at Leicester for 6 years now which is great going. But I think he's reached his ceiling with us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

We all know that the players in our squad are capable of playing high end Premier League standard football and playing it well. We have seen it before many times. (Perhaps not Vestergaard).

My point being that our players haven’t all suddenly forgotten how to play and need shipping out, the man at the helm does! 

Yep

These players don’t all of a sudden become shite overnight