Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs West Ham - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Probably time to move him on. Been overall a very good player for us, but think it would do him and us the world of good to get someone else in.

He's been worse since we moved to playing a 2 man pivot in middle of the park, because he doesn't make as many challenges and isn't as good at moving the ball forwards as Tielemans. Rodgers went 4231 instead of 4141 when he first got here to make games less chaotic, but for me it makes us way more predictable. I'd argue that moving to 4231 as a club made Tielemans a lot better, but took away from Ndidi's natural game.

He's been at Leicester for 6 years now which is great going. But I think he's reached his ceiling with us.

Maybe he'll be better back as a sole DM, which might work better once YT has left?

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Probably time to move him on. Been overall a very good player for us, but think it would do him and us the world of good to get someone else in.

He's been worse since we moved to playing a 2 man pivot in middle of the park, because he doesn't make as many challenges and isn't as good at moving the ball forwards as Tielemans. Rodgers went 4231 instead of 4141 when he first got here to make games less chaotic, but for me it makes us way more predictable. I'd argue that moving to 4231 as a club made Tielemans a lot better, but took away from Ndidi's natural game.

He's been at Leicester for 6 years now which is great going. But I think he's reached his ceiling with us.

Eventually Braybrooke will take over. But that's two seasons away. In the meantime, Soumare and Hamza are the only candidates.

Remember when Barnes was being touted for England, Soy for Man City, Ndidi for Man U. When Ricardo was probably one of he best full backs in the league. It's frightening how much they've regressed. Now at one all I fear we will try for the draw and not push on. 

• Like 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

Obviously anyone expecting a complete turnaround to us to us bossing 4th place West Ham is going to be having a moan. Good luck to them. But for me that's a few levels above what I was expecting, and a world away from the Forest game. Would have definitely taken 1-1 and limiting them to 1 shot on target at HT before the game

:blink: 

I am sorry but that first 20 minutes was poor and was no where near the level i would expect. 

Everyone in this league is capable of beating one another on their day regardless of league position. 

60% possession but I'm guessing the pass map will just be Soy to Amartey and back, but is it much surprise when there's zero movement in the midfield? We just seem to expect things to happen but won't try to get it forward and make them happen, and then KDH is about the only one putting in any sort of fight. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Accepting the fact we are all blue through and through ….  does anyone actually enjoy watching this ….  :mellow:

No. Being honest, besides Brendans first 7 months in charge we’ve been consistently horrid to watch for 4-5 years now. 

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm sorry but how the hell can anyone get behind Soyuncu and Amartey playing 100 passes to each other across the back. It is the most torid football I've seen in years.

Did you ever see Tommy English play for us. He was awful and people got on his back. Didn’t do much but then people started cheering him as he kept going. Simple logic. Started playing better. Well a bit  People respond better to encouragement. Made the crowd feel better too. Nobody enjoys this toxic atmosphere. Trust the club to sort it out. Do our bit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Every bit mediocre, but not relegation fodder like some seem to think 

To be honest we have been relegation level standard of play in way too many games this season, we are very fortunate we have enough skill to grind some points out with individual moments. Because in terms of effort on the pitch, we are pretty much down there. 

• Sad 1

The first 20 minutes of that half were a terrible watch.  The crowd getting onto the team. A lack of confidence.

We picked up a bit after 20 minutes (but still look fairly vulnerable at the back).

I dread to think what the crowd reaction would have been if we'd gone in one down.

Come on City.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The West Ham goal looking at it, comes from Amartey not holding the line, for some reason he decides to back paddle and plays Bowen onside. Anyway good to be level and from that goal onward we have been better 

He did because Antonio was deeper than our line.

Well it’s better then Forest but anything would be 

Maddison showing some passion and fight

Ricardo playing well I think, standout player in that back line

I cannot fathom what we were doing for their goal though, highline against their attack is suicide, and so it proved 

Other then that we’ve created nothing, feel for Daka, must be hard being the lone man and constantly trying to make the most out of hoofed balls up to him 

• Like 1

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I'm sorry but how the hell can anyone get behind Soyuncu and Amartey playing 100 passes to each other across the back. It is the most torid football I've seen in years.

When you can't spell torrid, and you meant torpid anyway. 

No one is getting behind it, some people think they're doing it because the rest of the team has a habit of not giving them much of an option