Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Were you watching on TV and how confident are you the pass was on? Fair enough if it was I've not seen a replay. 

But my seat is right above where Lookman was and Barnes movement looked horrendous from there. It looked like the pass wasn't on because he was loitering behind a whu player. General consensus around us was it was really poor movement in the middle? 

I was behind goal midway up SK2 - and yeah it was on and I'm pretty sure given his confidence today that he would have stuck it away. Still a dreadful decision from Lookman who I'm not entirely sure even knew he was an option to his left.  Barnes was furious. To be fair I'd like to see it again. 

• Like 1

Great 2nd half performance. When we attacked we look half decent.

BUT as soon as Vestergaard  came on and Brendan's negative defensive mindset kicked it, we knew we were not going to hold on.

We just dont learn.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Moyes disappointed with a point and thinks they were completely on top. Not sure what game he was watching. They were dreadful, only ever looked like scoring if we gave it to them to counter. 

Don't think they created a single quality chance from open play other than going route one for the goal? 

Has he actually said that??? lol

That's as mental as anything Rodgers has come out with this season. We were totally comfortable from them scoring to Vestergaard coming on. I don't recall Kasper making a save, certainly nothing difficult.

46 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Vestergaard starts we concede at least 2.

Comes on as a sub we're guaranteed to concede. Why would anyone out him on. Especially with what's at stake.

He's the type of player you put on when you're winning 4 nil.

Probably still wouldn't put him on tbf 😬🤣

3 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Worst keeper in the league aerially. Never ever comes off his line and commands. 

He's a massive part of the problem.

I hate to say it because i love him but i honesty think 50% of are problems from set plays are because hes so poor at commanding the box

• Like 3

That's me done going down until he's gone. Absolute shit show with that sub at the end. Why go so defensive? The boys at the back had it under control, we didn't look uncomfortable at all. Then the Clown that is BR decides I know, let's throw on the biggest non defensive defender in the league. 

Until the sub we looked good, I'm flabbergasted as to what he was thinking. 

I apologise to all the families around me in the family stand for my language from the point of seeing Vestergaard on the byline to seeing them concede. 

Raging is an understatement.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Daka knackered and we were causing them problems...Nacho for Daka maybe? Perez for Daka? Nah let's take Youri off and put Vestergaard on. Same mistake.

Even Mendy or Hamza would have been better. 

Too add a bit of humour to this decision, I can only think Brendan pointed at Kel, Ayoze, anyone, but Vasterguard, and Vasterguard thought he was pointing at him, stood up and got to the sidelines, with only 2 mins tops left, Brendan must have thought WTF, let's role with it the rest is History. 

I just can't accept Vasterguard was a thought out decision, with such little time left its bizarre.

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Matty Piper on RL said more or less the same thing and I respect most of his punditry. That sub should never have happened and was unnecessary given we were so dominant. 

As much of a bizarre and unpalatable sub as a subway meatball sub.

has Rodgers been on radio Leicester yet? - I emailed in the week to tell them to stp giving him an easy time - if thery don't want to accue him diurectky then say " what would you say to fans who are sayingthis or that:

i..e that you aren't taking responsibility for nonperformance. eg: It's never that he got the selection wrong, that the tactics are wrong, he hasn't build psychological strength, that the subs were wrong, that the subs were late, that last summer's recruitment was hopeless, that his coaching misses out sorting out defending of corners, that his teams are muscled out (re prague twice, and villa in the league cup semi).

Its always some other issue where he is not to blame.

He lost 2 points today.

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's borderline isn't it. They wrote the rule about the sleeve. It's right on the edge. If Oliver had called it handball VAR wouldn't have overturned. It's not clear and obvious either way. 

We don't like it but it's pretty much as per the rules. 

Just shit defending again really. Our own fault. 

Yes you're right, I think the whole ball should be within the sleeve but we let ourselves down again.....vestegaard man, what we gonna do with him?

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I was behind goal midway up SK2 - and yeah it was on and I'm pretty sure given his confidence today that he would have stuck it away. Still a dreadful decision from Lookman who I'm not entirely sure even knew he was an option to his left.  Barnes was furious. To be fair I'd like to see it again. 

Yes Barnes was to his left but I don't think he actually got himself into position to shoot except possibly wide. He just needed to get face on to the Goal.

Like you I'd like to see it again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Moyes disappointed with a point and thinks they were completely on top. Not sure what game he was watching. They were dreadful, only ever looked like scoring if we gave it to them to counter. 

Don't think they created a single quality chance from open play other than going route one for the goal? 

I said before and got derided here. They play very simple football. It’s very direct and they pray on other mistakes. I think a lot of their success comes from how poor the standard of defending is in the division 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

On paper, the substitution was the right one.

We know Tielemans tires and isn’t the best player for seeing a game out (see Spurs game) and you couldn’t take off the energy of KDH.

You see Dawson up there and you bring on the only CB you have on the bench, your tallest player and before the summer, a player with decent Ariel duels stats. 

However, knowing the form Vestegaard has been in, Choudary/Mendy would have been my choice.

Was he going to tire anymore in the 5 minutes that was effectively left? 

• Like 2