Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Whatever the rules say, sometimes you just know something should be handball and that definitely was. You can't score a goal with your arm, regardless of where it hits you. 

Doesn't matter if he'd scored with any other part of his body. We didn't defend the corner... again.

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Strange take away that. 

He pretty much did exactly today what you'd expect. Came off the bench, was busy, didn't do much wrong 

Disagree. Had he squared the ball to Barnes who was unmarked, wide open and directly in front of goal we would have likely taken the three points. When Pérez did something almost identical, we rightly slaughtered him on here. 

Just now, majaco said:

Rodgers can't do anything about the rules being applied wrong. VAR rendered pointless again

1. He made a ridiculous substitute that piled on extra pressure and put us in that situation. 

2. The rules were applied correctly. The top of the arm isn't handball and hasn't been since they changed the rule to say the cuff of the sleeve was the mark. 

Handball_guidelines_2020.jpg?width=1350&

• Like 1

First half time wasn’t great, second half the players seemed to really feed off the fans frustration and encouragement. We had a really poor West Ham on the ropes and was playing some good stuff, but then it went flat, as it always does, and we threw away three points, as we always do.

Every change Rodgers made we became noticeably weaker. We had no attacking threat, and little possession, once Maddison went off. He kept Daka on even though he was out muscled out of the game. He took off a fired up Tielemans to change shape, and to bring on a calamity of a player, which did nothing but create panic.

Add to that the decision to start Justin for the third game in a week and you have yourself a pretty damming set of decisions.

I’m pretty sick of it to be honest.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Rodgers can't do anything about the rules being applied wrong. VAR rendered pointless again

No but the coaching staff can do someone about us being utterly inept from set pieces every single ****ing week. Yes it hit his arm but the defending is limp yet again. Vestergaard has one ****ing job and despite being 7ft 4 still manages to somehow get beneath the header. Every ****ing week this happens. Every ****ing week

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Disagree. Had he squared the ball to Barnes who was unmarked, wide open and directly in front of goal we would have likely taken the three points. When Pérez did something almost identical, we rightly slaughtered him on here. 

Were you watching on TV and how confident are you the pass was on? Fair enough if it was I've not seen a replay. 

But my seat is right above where Lookman was and Barnes movement looked horrendous from there. It looked like the pass wasn't on because he was loitering behind a whu player. General consensus around us was it was really poor movement in the middle? 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's borderline isn't it. They wrote the rule about the sleeve. It's right on the edge. If Oliver had called it handball VAR wouldn't have overturned. It's not clear and obvious either way. 

We don't like it but it's pretty much as per the rules. 

Just shit defending again really. Our own fault. 

Honestly if you watch the replay you’ll see that it was handball. That frame is fraction after the contact. Clearly on flesh at point of contact. That rule about the sleeve and the one about clear and obvious mistake are both bollox. Your right about poor defending though. Got to do better. More desire to clear it. Poor substitution too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Were you watching on TV and how confident are you the pass was on? Fair enough if it was I've not seen a replay. 

But my seat is right above where Lookman was and Barnes movement looked horrendous from there. It looked like the pass wasn't on because he was loitering behind a whu player. General consensus around us was it was really poor movement in the middle? 

Was definitely on. Barnes visibly pissed off with Lookman not passing it 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Had Lookman squared to Barnes it may have been a goal, he should have passed imo, its immaterial now though, what's done is done.

Well after the last 3 games against them I would have taken a draw.   For me it is all about getting to the end of the season with a little dignity intact.  I think the club have decided to get to the end of the season, and then decide on Rodger's future, so those hoping for a change will have to wait.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, martyn said:

Absolute sickener.

The manner of conceding the 2nd might mask the fact that the 2nd half was as dominant as I've seen from us for ages. We totally dominated the middle of the park and were pulling them all over the place. Ricardo, Tielemans and KDH were running the game and our ball movement created so much space for Barnes.

Ultimately Rodgers decided to make a wholly unnecessary substitution. We'd run the legs off West Ham and keeping our tempo controllers on was paramount. We'd dealt with the aerial threat well pretty much all game.

Matty Piper on RL said more or less the same thing and I respect most of his punditry. That sub should never have happened and was unnecessary given we were so dominant. 

As much of a bizarre and unpalatable sub as a subway meatball sub.