Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

The first half hour has got to be some of the worst football we have served up for months. The second half was good though. Almost enjoyable but deep down we all knew what was coming. Another complete bottle job by brendan. He didn't need to change anything. 

He needs to be sacked sharpish. We will struggle to win another game with this clown in charge. 

Just now, Hales said:

I hope the players are not too dejected after that. They were brilliant second half and you could see the confidence growing as every minute passed. 

Clear handball for me.

Take that confidence onwards and next game will be a win!

Ricardo said this post match:

It’s difficult when you start losing the game then come back before half-time. Then we had a great second half. I don’t remember Kasper [Schmeichel] working in the second half and then we suffer a goal at the end. It was like we lost the game.

“It’s tough. We know we have had difficulties with set pieces, we are aware of that. We knew we needed to concentrate more and we have to have to do better."

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Would have taken a point before the game

Left at full time thoroughly annoyed we didn't win and get all 3, some of the football we played in the 2nd half was great, Coufal will be having nightmares about Barnes

I think everyone just knew as soon as they saw Vestergaard was coming on EXACTLY what was going to happen

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I guess Brendan brought Vestagaard on to deal with the high balls into the box. But where was he for the Corner.?

He got shoved out of the way. 90% sure by Schmeichel. Very weird if so, because while it might make sense for a 'box commander' goalie to clear a path to be able to punch the ball away... 

Decent result considering we’re usually shit against them and that our current form is crap. Obviously deserved the three points though.

Still showing signs of bottling it and conceding from set pieces is very, very worrying. I bet teams can’t wait to play us at the moment.

Just now, Ely fox said:

Well that’s a load of bull turd 

When did Antonio get a clear shot today?

There’s no doubt he was poor on both goals but he was winning most of the battles with Antonio throughout the game. 

Outside of their two goals today, West Ham had a single shot on target. A pretty easy catch for Kasper in. 

Regardless of Brendan in or out, that substitution didn’t lose us the game, anyone suggesting otherwise is clutching at straws. Youri wouldn’t have stopped it and vestergaard wasn’t at fault. Kasper should deffo do better but it comes off his arm anyway so not sure how it’s been allowed.

Decent performance overall, shame we have a real inability to shoot from outside the box without putting it 40 yards over the bar. Ricky looked solid again, KDH is great and makes such a difference down that left hand side, makes Barnes and Thomas immediately better. Ndidi was better too, seemed to have that ability to knick the ball from opponents again. Not madders or Dakas best games tho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Hales said:

I hope the players are not too dejected after that. They were brilliant second half and you could see the confidence growing as every minute passed. 

Clear handball for me.

Take that confidence onwards and next game will be a win!

Outside of the two CBs who were average and Daka, they played well. Looked more balanced today. 

N’Didi in particular was more in his deep midfield role rather than trying to push up

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

41 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

No but the coaching staff can do someone about us being utterly inept from set pieces every single ****ing week. Yes it hit his arm but the defending is limp yet again. Vestergaard has one ****ing job and despite being 7ft 4 still manages to somehow get beneath the header. Every ****ing week this happens. Every ****ing week

Yes.  But the goal should have been disallowed.  The referee and VAR have a responsibility to uphold the laws of the game.   

I didn't like the late substitution.   But we were robbed 

First half was pretty shit, second half was much better, then Brendan tossed it away again.

Why o ****ing why did we drop and try to see the game out? Second half we had their number, they barely created a sniff, Barnes was causing havoc, we were winning the battles all over the pitch and definitely had a few more goals in us… so I simply can’t understand why the decision was made to try and see the game out, it’s not worked for most of the season?

With regards to the subs, Lookman was decent when he came on, but the shape was working, and causing them problems, so he slipped in pretty well. 

But then the icing on the cake, fair enough Youri is tanked, but **** me, bring on another midfielder keep the shape of the team, don’t bring on that ****ing useless streak of piss and just hand the momentum and possession back to West Ham, as soon as he bumbled onto the pitch I said that they would score, low and ****ing behold they did.

Yet another game thrown away, thanks to frankly ridiculous tactical decisions. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

1. He made a ridiculous substitute that piled on extra pressure and put us in that situation. 

2. The rules were applied correctly. The top of the arm isn't handball and hasn't been since they changed the rule to say the cuff of the sleeve was the mark. 

Handball_guidelines_2020.jpg?width=1350&

1.  Agree

2.  Disagree

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

When did Antonio get a clear shot today?

There’s no doubt he was poor on both goals but he was winning most of the battles with Antonio throughout the game. 

Outside of their two goals today, West Ham had a single shot on target. A pretty easy catch for Kasper in. 

I just think he looks like a championship mid table centre back he looks weak in strength and his distribution is awful apart from if he is passing sideways or backwards also his positioning looks off 

8 minutes ago, adam said:

The first half hour has got to be some of the worst football we have served up for months. The second half was good though. Almost enjoyable but deep down we all knew what was coming. Another complete bottle job by brendan. He didn't need to change anything. 

He needs to be sacked sharpish. We will struggle to win another game with this clown in charge. 

We all didn’t, at least until JV came on

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Yes.  But the goal should have been disallowed.  The referee and VAR have a responsibility to uphold the laws of the game.   

I didn't like the late substitution.   But we were robbed 

We were mate. I'm just frustrated that it even came down to crap officiating. Just defend the bloody corner. Defence does it's job and it's not even a conversation.

• Like 3