Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

He got shoved out of the way. 90% sure by Schmeichel. Very weird if so, because while it might make sense for a 'box commander' goalie to clear a path to be able to punch the ball away... 

Thanks, I didn't know were he went as all I seen Soyc marking Antonio who was trying to block Kasper. My initial thought was that it should have been a free kick out. But there's so much allowed go on in the box now that Var is pretty much useless. 

I'd use Vesty on the front post to win the first ball into the box. That would eliminate a lot of problems.

13 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Got the right frame off youtube and scaled it up in Photshop - it's clearly on his arm below the sleeve. ****ing disgrace

ARw29Re.png

Was already fuming we've chuffed away a lead again, now coming home to see this makes it even worse!

I’ve just done the same. I now think the same. Clear cut, it should never have stood. Poor from the referee. That said our defenders are so weak, Dawson completely owned Amartey in that challenge. It’s no wonder we concede every game from corners. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, majaco said:

Yes.  But the goal should have been disallowed.  The referee and VAR have a responsibility to uphold the laws of the game.   

I didn't like the late substitution.   But we were robbed 

As it stands I believe VAR has a responsibility to correct c+o errors. In this case it appears to be doing so despite the fact that the ref couldn't see the incident, so the refs 'no penalty' wasn't a solid decision, but a default one.

Would be a good idea IMO to hand the 4th official  'full powers' to effectively act like the referee at the time of the incident, if the ref effectively admits he's got no idea what happened 

1 hour ago, Supergray22 said:

Was a poor sub to be fair. If it was to bring on a solid defender fair enough. Even still it invites the opposition to come on to us. They are just as concerned about conceeding as us. Or rather should be and vice versa. Keeping more attacking players on makes them think about coming on to us. 

If you leave a stiriker and/or speed merchant up for set pieces and corners they always leave at least two back marking each man. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Regardless of Brendan in or out, that substitution didn’t lose us the game, anyone suggesting otherwise is clutching at straws. Youri wouldn’t have stopped it and vestergaard wasn’t at fault. Kasper should deffo do better but it comes off his arm anyway so not sure how it’s been allowed.

Decent performance overall, shame we have a real inability to shoot from outside the box without putting it 40 yards over the bar. Ricky looked solid again, KDH is great and makes such a difference down that left hand side, makes Barnes and Thomas immediately better. Ndidi was better too, seemed to have that ability to knick the ball from opponents again. Not madders or Dakas best games tho.

Think you're wrong there chief

6 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

I’ve just done the same. I now think the same. Clear cut, it should never have stood. Poor from the referee. That said our defenders are so weak, Dawson completely owned Amartey in that challenge. It’s no wonder we concede every game from corners. 

Ref can't see it so he can't give it. And VAR only asked to change if c+o. If you're providing freeze frame proof I'd suggest it's not c+o. 

It feels like the t-shirt rule is sensible one for accidental hand balls bouncing up against player, but when someone is scoring with his upper arm it feels plain wrong. 

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

To be honest the Dawson goal was perfectly fine...head,top of shoulder who care's....we should have been defending better....and i cut him a bit of slack for scoring for WBA against Spurs in 2016.

And to think we could have signed him for 2.5 mil before West Ham. 

3 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

Disagree. The moment he brought Vestergard on, we all knew it was going to end badly. It immediately sent a message to them that the could control the midfield and press our defence. It sent a message to our team that their job was to “hang on”. The mental dynamics are completely changed. 

In addition, Vestergard is completely rubbish. It is shocking how such a tall guy can be so bad at positioning himself and winning vital headers. Useless, absolutely useless and we all know it.

But I don’t think that is what happened? The issue wasn’t that we let them control the midfield, we still had an attack or two with vesty was on the pitch. The only time they actually threatened the goal when he was on the pitch, was when they scored off a players arm. If the rules were followed, we win that game. I don’t see how this has been used against Rodgers or vesty. I’m not that keen on either of them, but let’s not try and make everything seem like their fault, when today it just wasn’t. 

Edited by Dusty
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Which part? Do you reckon Youri wins the header or that vestergaard was at fault? 

I reckon that whole period of play before probably doesn't happen. I don't blame Vesty at all for anything btw, anyone giving him stick tonight is a buffoon imo. 

Everyone knew their jobs and everyone was focused and we looked absolutely fine. There was absolutely no need to make any change and disrupt our shape or organisation, it throws people off for no reason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I reckon that whole period of play before probably doesn't happen. I don't blame Vesty at all for anything btw, anyone giving him stick tonight is a buffoon imo. 

Everyone knew their jobs and everyone was focused and we looked absolutely fine. There was absolutely no need to make any change and disrupt our shape or organisation, it throws people off for no reason.

But it’s a very normal thing to do, we weren’t exactly in control leading up to the moment Tielemans went off anyway. They made a change and pushed Dawson forward, so we brought someone on to combat that, I don’t think it’s tactically wrong tbh. Plus making late subs wastes time.

1 minute ago, Dusty said:

But I don’t think that is what happened? The issue wasn’t that we let them control the midfield, we still had an attack or two with vesty was on the pitch. The only time they actually threatened the goal when he was on the pitch, was when they scored off a players arm. If the rules were followed, we win that game. I don’t see how this has been used against Rodgers or vesty. I’m not that keen on either of them, but let’s not try and make everything seem like their fault, when today it just wasn’t. 

OK. I’ll recind my last comment. Apparently we all don’t ALL know that Vestergard is a liability. Maybe we should have a poll to ask “We’re you happy with him being brought on?” or “Did you put put your head in your  hands and said “Oh, no!?” 

Cant believe how shit West Ham and their fans were. Loud for the start and then for 5 minutes after Bowens goal, silent for rest of the game until the equaliser. Made more noise walking up Filbert Way on the way home. Gifted the draw by Rodgers and his dogshit tactical changes aswell

Edited by South Shire Fox