Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

The first 20 minutes second half is why I get so frustrated with Rogers and this team. Hungry positive playing forward causing teams problems, Barnes having the rb in his pocket! Then we drop off lose momentum panics and lose the lad! First 20 minutes second half is exactly where we should be aspiring performance wise every game for the 90! 

Football is simple, you can over complicate it at times, I fear Rogers does this too much! 

• Like 1

I think you can take a lot of positives from the game. The reaction to going 1-0. I thought Riccy and Madders were very good today.

I did question the need to take Madders off for Lookman. Madders was doing well in holding the ball up for us. Which took the pressure off at times. I would’ve gone for Kelechi over Lookman. Vestegaard not challenging for the header at the end probably sums up his change. 

However, they battled today. We didn’t sit back in a damage limitation sought of way that we have been doing. It was quite enjoyable. 

1st half - Not enough aggression in the team, predictable, slow, carrying players, no pressing, no creativity.

2nd half - much better. A bit of desire, aggression and purpose going forward. Sucker punch at the end, but I would have take. Daka off and put Iheanacho or if he was going to take Tielemens off put Choudhury on just to run and shield the back four and put pressure on further up the pitch. 

ah well. 

Well I hope the players take the positives from that second half and don't let the calamitous ending discourage them, because that 45-75 minute period was the best we have played in months. We tore them apart and could have scored a couple more, Barnes in particular played with a point to prove and like someone had lit a fire under him. 

Unfortunately the team were then kneecapped by their own manager with that disastrous sub. I've not even angry about the set-piece goal (again, we know we're shit at them), it's the way the entire system changed to grant them the initiative when we were doing just fine as we were. They didn't look like scoring, we looked capable of killing the game through possession. 

I left the ground feeling absolutely livid at Rodgers, and still am. But he's now had the most obvious lesson he could ever need in how to see the game out, and the players are clearly still playing for him. For the first time in a few games against West Ham, we matched them physically (set-pieces aside, where they simply have more players who are better in the air) and would've deservedly beaten them if not for the late capitulation. That gives me some hope.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CanadianFan said:

OK. I’ll recind my last comment. Apparently we all don’t ALL know that Vestergard is a liability. Maybe we should have a poll to ask “We’re you happy with him being brought on?” or “Did you put put your head in your  hands and said “Oh, no!?” 

But that is irrelevant? Vestergaard has been awful since he’s been here, but he’s not at fault? Why are we lying to ourselves.

Just the latest in a season of tough-to-take letdowns - many of them brought on by the cowardly conservatism of the manager.

I really enjoyed the second half but with our porous defence I knew we had to score a third goal to win. And then Rodgers effectively ensures that the inevitable will happen with his idiotic - but wholly characteristic - substitution that utterly handed West Ham the initiative. And then they get a corner, and - surprise surprise - we concede.

What a crap season this has been. Only a lengthy run in the Europa Conference League can save it now. 

• Like 2

I'm all about the positives today as before the match I didn't think we'd finish with any, but at some point today the team flicked the switch, and we became more aggressive, more hungry to be first to the ball. Harvey was determined to have a good game and did, Ricardo looked better than he has since he had his injury, was nice to see Youri putting in a shift, Maddison exceptional again (give him vice captain), Daka put in a shift and was unlucky, Thomas still has a lot to learn on his forward positioning, wonders inside when he should be outside imo, Justin still a way off.

Negatives.

Amartey wasn't great, Soyuncu the same both at fault for the goals.

N'didi, I'm not a fan, I don't think he does the team any favours and didn't do anything great today.

Neutral.

Lookman did okay replacing maddison, I think if we can get for £15m we should do it, but no more, he's at squad player for me, we still haven't replaced Mahrez 

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Just the latest in a season of tough-to-take letdowns - many of them brought on by the cowardly conservatism of the manager.

I really enjoyed the second half but with our porous defence I knew we had to score a third goal to win. And then Rodgers effectively ensures that the inevitable will happen with his idiotic - but wholly characteristic - substitution that utterly handed West Ham the initiative. And then they get a corner, and - surprise surprise - we concede.

What a crap season this has been. Only a lengthy run in the Europa Conference League can save it now. 

We’re going out to Randers mate, 94th minute winner in the second leg for them.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sir Shep said:

Ah my Lord has spoken,  who are you to dictate to me? Muppet

Hi my Full name is Adolph- la Ducha- Peron

I am cuddly & a True Muppet..

.I cant help it,  Rodgers decisions just turns out my bad side

1717935324_461d434e6d5b6f58eec106c44000166bef29f266(1).jpg.63b6130b21f8e62b56f29f19859a6bc4.jpgo

if it helps... These last 3 Home Games BR subs, IMO has cost us important points. even If the players are Dog, a

you Don t Need in the last 1/5 or Minute of a game a cross-eyed Great Dane, who Couldnt Catch a Frisby Let alone head a ball..

Today was our best 30-40 minutes, all season, a Great Filip to Take us further, & build confidence....

Rodgers decision Making is like Vestergaards heading..!!

I Now have to agree, Rodgers decision Making has become far too negative,

and Not having the Foresight, to trust the players to see such games out...

Its though his own Previous Cavalier spirit has been Ripped out of him...

The players have Let us down,their mental discipline for their professed-standards,

quite pathetic,and Yes injuries have blown our last 14 months into dissaray....,

that for our rescources a top 4-6 challenge, was not on The agenda...

But this consistent long period drop in playing "standards" Rests on the

Manager ( even it is the players who should carry the can)

I Defended him before & After christmas,even today before the match, but these last 3 Home games & negative decision making.

and todays Vestergaard decision alone, a Player whos foxes Short History of failing on the basics 

& poor P.Area movement has cost us, every time...

The fans,the team & Yes the Player himself did not deserve that Rodgers descision...

I didnt Think the Lookman sub was A Bad move, But all day long & again from previous the Verstergaard ones and more so today..I

were off the chart...

Rodgers should of protected the Vestergaard situation, because Now The fans wont give him any  breathing Space rest of  this season for a potential rebuild.

Plus the Defence Coaching staff, should Now Take a very long walk along the cut....

I would rather see Perez, as a CB-sub,he can hold,Head and control a ball....

I have given Rodgers, room,Defended queried descisions, Ditto for most players,But Now ,Febuary the So called bigger Picture has lost its frame..!!

We needed also today, for Rodgers to hold his own & Not panic....Hes lost at the moment, that fine feel, when to act/react and when not to intervene..

As mentioned, I dont Think generally he is a Bad manager for us, but this season seems to of befuddled him and as lost that confidence in his own

positive decision making...This has nothing to do with past clubs, pure & simple a Leicester-story of Not believing any longer in his squad....though players

implosions must of also ruined his confidence in them...

I mean if Ndidi & Vestergaard had done their job , just total basic skill set on the 91 minute,

We would most likely be highlighting Today as this season's changing point....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dusty said:

But it’s a very normal thing to do, we weren’t exactly in control leading up to the moment Tielemans went off anyway. They made a change and pushed Dawson forward, so we brought someone on to combat that, I don’t think it’s tactically wrong tbh. Plus making late subs wastes time.

Fair point.

Problem is he didn’t. Defend. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Hi my Full name is Adolph- la Ducha- Peron

I am cuddly & a True Muppet..

.I cant help it,  Rodgers decisions just turns out my bad side

1717935324_461d434e6d5b6f58eec106c44000166bef29f266(1).jpg.63b6130b21f8e62b56f29f19859a6bc4.jpgo

if it helps... These last 3 Home Games BR subs, IMO has cost us important points. Sven If the players are Dog, a

you Don t Need in the last 1/5 or Minute of a game a cross-eyed Great Dane, who Content Catch a Frisby Let alone head a ball

Today was our best 30-40 minutes, all season, a Great Flip to Take us further, Build confidence....

Rodgers decision Making is like Vestergaards heading..!!

I Now have to agree, Rodgers decision Making has become far too negative, and Not having the Foresight, to trust the players to see such games out...

Its though his own Previous Cavalier spirit has been Ripped out of him...

The players have Let us down,their mental discipline for their professed-standards, quite pathetic,and Yes injuries have blown our last 14 months into

dissaray....,that for our rescources a top 4-6 challenge, was Not on The agenda...But this consistent long period Drop in playing "standards" Rests on the

Manager ( even it is the players who should carry the can)

I Defended him before & After christmas,even Today before the match, But these last 3 Home games & negative decision making.

and todays Vestergaard decision alone, a Player whos foxes Short History of failing on the basics & poor P.Area movement has cost us, every time...

The fans,the team & Yes the Player himself did not deserve that Rodgers descision...

I didnt Think the Lookman sub was A Bad move, But all week long & again from Previous the Verstergaard ones  were, more so today..

Rodgers should of protected the Vestergaard situation, because Now The fans wont give him Amy  breathing Space rest of  this season for a potential rebuild.

Plus the Defence Coaching staff, should Now Take a very long walk along the cut....

I would rather see Perez, as a CB-sub,he can hold,Head and control a ball....

I have given Rodgers, room,Defended queried descisions, Ditto for most players,But Now ,Febuary the So called bigger Picture has lost its frame..!!

We needed also today, for Rodgers to hold his own & Not panic....Hes lost at the moment, that fine feel, when to act/react and when not to intervene..

As mentioned, I dont Think generally he is a Bad manager for us, but this season seems to of befuddled him and as lost that confidence in his own

positive decision making...This has nothing to do with past clubs, pure & simple a Leicester-story of Not believing any longer in his squad....though players

implosions must of also ruined his confidence in them...

I mean if Ndidi & Vestergaard had done their job , just total basic skill set on the 91 minute,

We would most likely be highlighting Today as this season's changing point....

Right, too be clear I'm not calling you out for having a different opinion to me, of cause I'll respect any ones opinion on here, what I don't like is this hollier than thou attitude some have where as they think their opinion is all that matters. I'm frustrated at the manager, the players and so I will vent especially.as I know we are far better than this, I will vent where I deem necessary! 

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Right, too be clear I'm not calling you out for having a different opinion to me, of cause I'll respect any ones opinion on here, what I don't like is this hollier than thou attitude some have where as they think their opinion is all that matters. I'm frustrated at the manager, the players and so I will vent especially.as I know we are far better than this, I will vent where I deem necessary! 

We all have to put the knee-  jerkin into touch....:cheers:

PS..I am hollier than thou, But I normally Dont let the halo or colar slip..lol

Edited by fuchsntf

Don't know if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to go through the thread. That equaliser is simply down to our goalkeeper. A corner lands 4 yards out in the middle of our goal, and what is our keeper doing? Standing there waving his fkin arms about like an Italian traffic cop. Useless. The sooner we get Iversen back and drop Dracula ( afraid of crosses, geddit?) the better. Sorry to offend the Kasper lovers, but really.......

• Thanks 1

First half - shocking - bullied, no movement, no desire, no creativity.
2nd half - fight, desire, movement, made Rice look ordinary and forced to Moyes to sub Coufal (who Barnes destroyed like the 39 year old Zabaletta a couple of seasons back) and had us on the front foot, something like the old Leicester. All of that was completely screwed up by subbing the two of the guys who had controlled the midfield leaving a void that piled pressure on a fragile defence. I gave Rodgers credit for dropping under-performing players but that's lost with another baffling defensive substitution today.

Two more points dropped based on how on top we were in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to go through the thread. That equaliser is simply down to our goalkeeper. A corner lands 4 yards out in the middle of our goal, and what is our keeper doing? Standing there waving his fkin arms about like an Italian traffic cop. Useless. The sooner we get Iversen back and drop Dracula ( afraid of crosses, geddit?) the better. Sorry to offend the Kasper lovers, but really.......

ABSOLUTELY THIS

Barnes had a stormer, Tielemans looked up for it in the second half, Ndidi playing in his proper position, and it was great to see Ricardo back and playing well.

On the other hand, Daka was anonymous, Justin is out injured again, the team bottled it at both ends of the match, and Brendan cocked it up at the end. Again.