Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

9 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to go through the thread. That equaliser is simply down to our goalkeeper. A corner lands 4 yards out in the middle of our goal, and what is our keeper doing? Standing there waving his fkin arms about like an Italian traffic cop. Useless. The sooner we get Iversen back and drop Dracula ( afraid of crosses, geddit?) the better. Sorry to offend the Kasper lovers, but really.......

As far as I could see - and haven't seen a replay yet - but he was blocked in by two West Ham players.

Just now, East Langton Fox said:

I watched Tielemans closely in the first half and he wasn’t looking for the ball at all. He had one bright moment and we nearly scored and he actually tried to encourage the crowd! 
Second half totally different, as were the whole team. 

No good having a player who only plays for 45 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Regardless of Brendan in or out, that substitution didn’t lose us the game, anyone suggesting otherwise is clutching at straws. Youri wouldn’t have stopped it and vestergaard wasn’t at fault. Kasper should deffo do better but it comes off his arm anyway so not sure how it’s been allowed.

Decent performance overall, shame we have a real inability to shoot from outside the box without putting it 40 yards over the bar. Ricky looked solid again, KDH is great and makes such a difference down that left hand side, makes Barnes and Thomas immediately better. Ndidi was better too, seemed to have that ability to knick the ball from opponents again. Not madders or Dakas best games tho.

Seriously did you watch the same game 

The definition of madness is repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Our players have some sort of brain damage I think. Nobody knows how to fix it so it keeps on happening.  What is it with the dreaded 90th minute. It’s like the kiss of death for us no matter what we will concede. Every club around the country has a game plan on attacking us with set pieces because they know the odds are fantastic of scoring a goal from it.

Ricardo’s face full of disappointment at the end said it all! I feel bad for the players that busted a gut to give us a 2-1 lead only for it all be flushed down the toilet again.

Worth noting the positives today.

KDH was fantastic second half and I fully love the guy.

Nice to see Barnes scare a full back to death again, has been ages since we’ve seen that!

Relatively stable match for Cags as well, again, not something we’ve seen in ages.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

The definition of madness is repeating the same mistakes over and over again.

Our players have some sort of brain damage I think. Nobody knows how to fix it so it keeps on happening.  What is it with the dreaded 90th minute. It’s like the kiss of death for us no matter what we will concede. Every club around the country has a game plan on attacking us with set pieces because they know the odds are fantastic of scoring a goal from it.

Ricardo’s face full of disappointment at the end said it all! I feel bad for the players that busted a gut to give us a 2-1 lead only for it all be flushed down the toilet again.

Is the "brain damage" caused by heading the ball too much?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Amazed there isn't more of an outcry on here that the Dawson goal wasn't disallowed. Blatant hand ball and nowhere near his shoulder. Whatever rules they are working to at the moment, it's surely not right to allow a player to directly score with their hand/arm. 

Don’t think anyone cares anymore tbh

• Haha 1

The players need the manger to convince them that today was a big step forward. The second half performance was much more like us of of aug/Jan past two seasons. Ricky’s comments that it feels like a loss reveals that rodgers had a fair sized job mentally this coming week. 

I saw enough today in the second period to make me believe that we could actually have a go at winning the ECL - the past few games had not.   I think wilf being CDM helped our shape.  The first half was pretty turgid from our perspective but the players were so low on confidence that they were all statues in possession - that changed for the second period, 

amd to the guy sitting behind me - please don’t say ‘for gods sake’ every time we don’t lump it forward …….we’re just not going to play like that so you’re just going to get more and more frustrated! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mrburns1000 said:

Felt sorry for Vesty. I’m sure he didn’t really want to come on that late with a fragile lead. We need to encourage our players, getting on their backs will achieve SFA. I thought KDH looked up to the job today. 

Noticeably tonight he left the pitch pretty quickly on his own whilst the rest of the players were acknowledging the crowd, his body language looked like a very unhappy player.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buggsteam said:

Rodgers has to go. 

Played so much better the 2nd half with more freedom and driving at them. 

Yet again the Clown goes defensive and we concede straight after it. 

He’s got no bottle and that late goal will again dent the confidence of the players. 

BULLSHIT. Keep the faith. One not so good season, and some so called fans go mental. :@

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Amazed there isn't more of an outcry on here that the Dawson goal wasn't disallowed. Blatant hand ball and nowhere near his shoulder. Whatever rules they are working to at the moment, it's surely not right to allow a player to directly score with their hand/arm. 

I was sure VARZ would rule it out the way it was bumbled in but nope

Poor first half and was pretty much gifted that equaliser with that penalty, got better in the second. Got ourselves into some good position's and the more we gave the ball to Barnes, the more dangerous we looked. Took a well deserved lead, looked pretty much in control in the second half and looked like we we're going to see it out comfortably.. but when you take off both Maddison and Tielemans and replace one with Vestergaard your only asking for trouble.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

I’ve gone beyond rage into just acceptance and hope that it won’t last forever 

I swing between the 2 I think it’s cause the second half was some of the best we’ve played in a long time to then fvck it right at the end in the same shit way we have all season it’s infuriating! When is someone in the box gonna take it upon themselves to get the ball clear and show some pride

• Like 2

City play best in the way they were pinning West Ham back in the second half. Then Rodgers takes the two predominant playmakers off, allowing West Ham to move back on to the front foot. He's done this retreating crap time and again. Madders is phenomenal on the ball - he ties up multiple defenders, yet with a potential and important win on the cards Rodgers takes him and Tielemans off. We were winning and looking like scoring again and he throws the momentum of the game.

BR shifts responsibility on to the players when it's clear that his game management is appalling. I've reached the point where I can no longer have faith in his ability.

Why he played Justin instead of Thomas is beyond me. Until JJ is back to his pre-injury form, then Thomas should be automatic selection. His liveliness and determination was one of the reasons the game pattern changed as it did. He, Barnes, KDH and Madders work extremely well together. Yet Rodgers breaks that combo up to select JJ. Bizarre thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to go through the thread. That equaliser is simply down to our goalkeeper. A corner lands 4 yards out in the middle of our goal, and what is our keeper doing? Standing there waving his fkin arms about like an Italian traffic cop. Useless. The sooner we get Iversen back and drop Dracula ( afraid of crosses, geddit?) the better. Sorry to offend the Kasper lovers, but really.......

Aye, there was at LEAST 2 West Ham players blocking him in, not to mention the two players marking them. 

We all know he is bad in terms of not coming for corners but this wasn't one of those times. 

38 minutes ago, mrburns1000 said:

Felt sorry for Vesty. I’m sure he didn’t really want to come on that late with a fragile lead. We need to encourage our players, getting on their backs will achieve SFA. I thought KDH looked up to the job today. 

It is his job though and all he had to do was put his body on the line for a few minutes

46 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Totally right that goal should never have stood. Its bloody handball however you look at it