Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

10 minutes ago, gerblod said:

City play best in the way they were pinning West Ham back in the second half. Then Rodgers takes the two predominant playmakers off, allowing West Ham to move back on to the front foot. He's done this retreating crap time and again. Madders is phenomenal on the ball - he ties up multiple defenders, yet with a potential and important win on the cards Rodgers takes him and Tielemans off. We were winning and looking like scoring again and he throws the momentum of the game.

BR shifts responsibility on to the players when it's clear that his game management is appalling. I've reached the point where I can no longer have faith in his ability.

Why he played Justin instead of Thomas is beyond me. Until JJ is back to his pre-injury form, then Thomas should be automatic selection. His liveliness and determination was one of the reasons the game pattern changed as it did. He, Barnes, KDH and Madders work extremely well together. Yet Rodgers breaks that combo up to select JJ. Bizarre thinking.

It was maddison for lookman, and lookman did okay, Rodgers was maybe thinking about saving him for randers, and then vestegaard for tielemens for the last several minutes was to counter them lumping Dawson forward. There is an argument this upsets the balance of a side who maybe on it, but if we'd have conceded and he'd done nothing some may have questioned why he didn't bring the lurch on.

Some groups on FB are saying the coaching staff didn't want lurch on but Rodgers disagreed, not sure how factual that was.

Rodgers did bring big wes on in the dying minutes fa cup final and that also cost us the game 

56 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Amazed there isn't more of an outcry on here that the Dawson goal wasn't disallowed. Blatant hand ball and nowhere near his shoulder. Whatever rules they are working to at the moment, it's surely not right to allow a player to directly score with their hand/arm. 

That goal has literally blown my mind … when I got home I heard the pundits talking about VAR and the whole “clear and obvious” argument, I thought with handballs leading directly to goals VAR makes the call. How on earth the moron on VAR doesn’t deem that a handball is beyond belief. Just sheer incompetence from the Premier League’s pathetic officials. 

7 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

That goal has literally blown my mind … when I got home I heard the pundits talking about VAR and the whole “clear and obvious” argument, I thought with handballs leading directly to goals VAR makes the call. How on earth the moron on VAR doesn’t deem that a handball is beyond belief. Just sheer incompetence from the Premier League’s pathetic officials. 

Two words - chris kavanagh …..

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, can't be arsed to go through the thread. That equaliser is simply down to our goalkeeper. A corner lands 4 yards out in the middle of our goal, and what is our keeper doing? Standing there waving his fkin arms about like an Italian traffic cop. Useless. The sooner we get Iversen back and drop Dracula ( afraid of crosses, geddit?) the better. Sorry to offend the Kasper lovers, but really.......

Completely agree.

Another two points needlessly thrown away at home. The first half was one of the worst I've ever seen, a virtual non-event apart from a goal until the penalty. The second half was much better, we played with purpose and drive but obviously had to undo it all by failing to deal with a set piece.

In what was generally a poor match, West Ham will be delighted to claim a point as they were mainly dross. All this talk of overachieving and natural levels and we're nearly 15 points behind them.

Season has been so dull and such a waste.

• Like 2

Wow

https://www.skysports.com/football/leicester-vs-west-ham/report/446532

Graeme Souness wanted clarification on why Craig Dawson’s late equaliser was not ruled out after VAR looked at the incident. Micah Richards felt it was not a clear and obvious error and therefore the correct decision was to award the goal.

Edited by chapero82
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Amazed there isn't more of an outcry on here that the Dawson goal wasn't disallowed. Blatant hand ball and nowhere near his shoulder. Whatever rules they are working to at the moment, it's surely not right to allow a player to directly score with their hand/arm. 

Agreed, barely even got a proper replay after too. Being able to score a header without using your head is ridiculous 

Negatives - 

Michael Oliver is supposedly our best referee and yet even he is shit. 

VAR is pointless and doesn’t work.

The handball rule is a load of nonsense. 

Their equaliser should not have stood and we should have won. 

Vestergaard is still crap.

Brendan shouldn’t have brought him on. It affected our defensive structure in a negative way and not a positive one. 

We have a soft underbelly and it’s costing us points. 

JJ limped off.

Positives - 

We didn’t lose having conceded a late equaliser. God knows we’re capable of falling apart late on. 

We were great for 35/40 minutes.

Up until their equaliser we actually defended their set pieces fairly well. 

Barnes was back to his best. 

Luke Thomas. 

The M1 was clear on the way home so I got back in good time. 

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

It was maddison for lookman, and lookman did okay, Rodgers was maybe thinking about saving him for randers, and then vestegaard for tielemens for the last several minutes was to counter them lumping Dawson forward. There is an argument this upsets the balance of a side who maybe on it, but if we'd have conceded and he'd done nothing some may have questioned why he didn't bring the lurch on.

Some groups on FB are saying the coaching staff didn't want lurch on but Rodgers disagreed, not sure how factual that was.

Rodgers did bring big wes on in the dying minutes fa cup final and that also cost us the game 

I don't think anyone would ever think that whatever the circumstances. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Hadn't seen the first goal until a minute ago. Why didn't Kasper come out to Bowen and close the angle at all?

Showed half the goal to him

See my post about him, the guy is a great shot stopper, but other than that his positioning and general 'bossing' of his six yard box is abysmal. Unfortunately I feel he has too much influence at the club, probably backed by other senior players. Then again, it's late and I've had a beer, so maybe I'm being a bit reactionery. Still, time to see the Ladies beat Wham....