Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

That goal has literally blown my mind … when I got home I heard the pundits talking about VAR and the whole “clear and obvious” argument, I thought with handballs leading directly to goals VAR makes the call. How on earth the moron on VAR doesn’t deem that a handball is beyond belief. Just sheer incompetence from the Premier League’s pathetic officials. 

It certainly was handball. I was sure it was going to be disallowed and was dismayed  when it was given. Beyond ridicule . 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, nigelbee said:

It certainly was handball. I was sure it was going to be disallowed and was dismayed  when it was given. Beyond ridicule . 

Surprised there was hardly  any protest from players or crowd  thought they accepted they would concede from a corner  particularly late in game

10 hours ago, Finnegan said:

1. He made a ridiculous substitute that piled on extra pressure and put us in that situation. 

2. The rules were applied correctly. The top of the arm isn't handball and hasn't been since they changed the rule to say the cuff of the sleeve was the mark. 

Handball_guidelines_2020.jpg?width=1350&

What a load of saggy balls. So are all sleeves made to an equal length?

As this is the rule, I'd want to see every Leicester player in long sleeve that covers the hands for every game and totally mock this sleeve turd rule. 

• Like 2

I thought the 2nd half was tremendously encouraging and there were some excellent performances. 

The highlight for me was seeing Ricky back to somewhere near his old self. 

It was great to see his cut inside and the aggression he brings to the team. 

Great 2nd half performances from KDH and Harvey as well should have been rewarded with a win. 

Brendan needs to have a good hard look at his substitutions as they have been way off for some time and really cost us over the last 2 months. 

• Like 1

What a shame. Such a good performance in the second half, with Tielemans, Barnes, Ricardo looking like they might be getting back into form. But how often do we see BR bringing on a defender to try to see out a match, and we immediately concede?

We look so much better on the front foot, and have a bomb scare defence. Just keep pressing to the end.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Schmiechel is a serious problem at set pieces too.  :(

I’m convinced with a more commanding keeper we defend corners much better. Kasper is only commanding in terms of shouting at the players. His presence from aerial threats is one of his biggest weaknesses.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nigelbee said:

6 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Surprised there was hardly  any protest from players or crowd  thought they accepted they would concede from a corner  particularly late in game

Again, this is another case where we don't protest enough. Imagine the fallout had that been Liverpool or one of the other dirty ESL clubs. Shocking. 

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Again, this is another case where we don't protest enough. Imagine the fallout had that been Liverpool or one of the other dirty ESL clubs. Shocking. 

The players are mentally shot at that point 

a savvy team who are claiming that the ball struck his arm (which several of our players did), have someone go down injured to prevent the restart and then get into the ref about it whilst the coaching staff do the same with the 4th official.  The var and ref are under pressure to get the game restarted without that happening and will almost certainly go with the onfield call in that context.  Give them time to discuss it properly with our continued protests and Oliver may well have decided to view the screen. 

The overall point here is that it’s not just the players who are mentally shot - it’s the coaching staff too. just like after spurs equalised, no one has a calm head on.  On that occasion, someone should have told the boys to play it long into their defensive corner rather than trying to build an attack (realising that the players would not be thinking clearly).  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What a shame. Such a good performance in the second half, with Tielemans, Barnes, Ricardo looking like they might be getting back into form. But how often do we see BR bringing on a defender to try to see out a match, and we immediately concede?

We look so much better on the front foot, and have a bomb scare defence. Just keep pressing to the end.

It's his special way of transmitting fear to the players. He accuses the crowd of transmitting anxiety yet it is he who shoots their confidence.  He help...Nurse? 

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

If that "goal" was against Man U or Liverpool the whistle would have gone and handball would have been given  VAR wouldn't have become involved and all the pundits would agree it was a clear handball, then it would never have been mentioned again.

The goal can be argued about, but the criminal thing was to allow West Ham a route back into the game. 

That was just a final straw in what was a suicidal final portion of the match. 

I noticed a lot of arguing between Wilf, Youri and Kasper yesterday too, which shows the dynamic of the dressing room isn’t great. 

There’s no way this gets turned round, there’s fractions in the dressing room and when that happens it’s only a matter of time until it all falls apart. 

22 minutes ago, gerblod said:

He had a right hissy fit at Amartey for stopping the game for an injured Hammer's player. Seemed to me, in that situation, it made little difference to any goal opportunity we might have had and it was an appropriate sporting gesture for Dan to make. 

I didn’t see this myself but someone told me Youri said “fvck him” to Amartey about Kasper lol 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, dynamark said:

just watched MOTD2 and that is handball directly off the arm into the net not just controlling it.The first goal looked awful close to offside which i didnt think at the time.Nacho for daka alsp for me to hold the ball better

Just seen MOTD2 and Jenas says it all perfectly.  They’ve created a grey area to allow or disallow this sort of thing as it suits them. Annoying thing is there were fouls going on in there too. Dawson climbing all over Amartey and the reason why it hit his arm is he was completely out of control.   Noticed Antonio nudging someone’s back with his head. Piss poor ref.

Played well 2nd half. Most people thought we would get battered. We’ve shown we have a lot to offer still.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Just seen MOTD2 and Jenas says it all perfectly.  They’ve created a grey area to allow or disallow this sort of thing as it suits them. Annoying thing is there were fouls going on in there too. Dawson climbing all over Amartey and the reason why it hit his arm is he was completely out of control.   Noticed Antonio nudging someone’s back with his head. Piss poor ref.

Played well 2nd half. Most people thought we would get battered. We’ve shown we have a lot to offer still.

none of our players ran to the ref and objected.  Tis the rodgers' way

12 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

To be honest the Dawson goal was perfectly fine...head,top of shoulder who care's....we should have been defending better....and i cut him a bit of slack for scoring for WBA against Spurs in 2016.

Dawson and Hazard are the only 2 players in the world who have never played for us, that I'll cut slack for ...  2 glorious nights in Apr/May 2016, never to be forgotten..  

17 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

If they dont clarify the t shirt law next summer, then you’re right. What yesterday shows is that if Barnes raises his arm above his head and stops the ball with his bicep then it’s fine …..  which is just nonsense 

the law needs to be tweaked to state that the whole of the ball needs to be above the t shirt line 

Edited by st albans fox