Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

Just the way this season's going for us, we keep finding ways to give away goals. But the overall display in the second half was encouraging and they showed alot of character cus it sounded pretty toxic in the stadium after we conceded. Keep playing like that and  a top half finish is still within reach and we can have a go in the euro conference league. For those who can remember supporting lcfc prior to 15/16, that's still not a bad season

I don't understand how that's not handball, it's almost the same spot on the arm as the pen.

With that said, conceding from another set-piece so poorly is so embarrassing. 

Pretty good second half that, but all of that good work is effectively undone when you throw 2 points down the shitter like that. Very frustrating.

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Craig Dawson had pretty much just admitted it shouldn’t have stood - He was worried VAR was going to rule it out - bullshite officiating again!

Absolutely. It was a handball. More grappling going on around schmeichel then in the rugby match earlier on. Refereeing has been shocking this season. Who was on VAR? 

We were already a bit nervous and kept on passing backwards to the keeper. We needed the likes of Tielemans on the pitch to take care of the ball. When he took him off, and with Maddison already off, we only have KDH who can. Ndidi always goes into hiding. We needed Tielemans on the pitch to control the ball and the midfield. Our defence was fine. It was just the nervousness. Rodgers added more nervousness when he made that sub. And oh gosh, Verstagaard went for the ball but he missed by a mile. It was Amartey’s man, but it was certainly distracting for others to have Verstagaard there thinking he could get there. Also, Kasper really needs to learn to come out to claim a corner that is delivered so close to the goal! He could have punched it away.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Ok...

I thought the first half was shocking. Same old crap. No fight, crap going forward, arguing with each other and half our team didn't even bother to celebrate our equaliser.

To be fair to the lads, they fought back. Showed a bit of balls and more importantly, some half decent football. For 30 minutes there, Barnes looked like he did before he was injured. KDH ran the midfield, Ricardo played well. Maddison and Daka ran their socks of and Thomas really dug in. 

But ultimately, it's all for nothing if you can't defend a set play. I honestly don't think that the sub made a differance as their corner came like 3 seconds later but how can a man the size of Vestergaard not jump more than 3 inches of the ground? It wasn't his man but he had a clear header at it and should have got it. 

I'm disappointed, ofcourse I am but let's be honest, it was much better.  

The sub made all the difference to our game management, and saw us immediately drop deeper.

Meanwhile, Vestergaard added NOTHING at all. He didn't win tackles, didn't win headers. He was just there!

Thats 3 home games in a row that we were winning with barely any time left and we end up with only 2 points. 

Very very angry. Is BR working for the opposition as an undercover agent? Can he not see that his subs always put us on the defensive.?

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Zear0 said:

We know where the problems are and it's getting worse not better.

Tells its own story

Another 2 conceded today

12 more than Burnley!

Let that sink in awhile…

Not as disappointed as the Spurs/Forest games. 

Better second half and a bit more bite throughout. 

Attack should be the best form of defence.

We know it, the players know it, every fvcker knows it…

…except our tactical genius. 

Brendan is literally suicidal sid. Everybody knew what that change meant but him. How many times do we have to see it, again and again. I bit my lip throughout the match, not commenting when we were garbage in the first half. But for christ sake, he literally turns gold to shite by pressing that button time and time again and we all look on incredulously as just as we imagined, it goes tits up. The team played so well second half, the fans were behind them, surely the players will be pissed off with that stupid decision like all of us.

Lookman had Barnes unmarked and wide open to his left which would have sealed the game - chose to shoot. Stupid. Given the inevitable late goal conceded from a set piece, to me, that Demarai-esque moment of utter stupidity cost us the three points. 

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sishades said:

Thats 3 home games in a row that we were winning with barely any time left and we end up with only 2 points. 

Very very angry. Is BR working for the opposition as an undercover agent? Can he not see that his subs always put us on the defensive.?

It keeps happening and I can only put that down to Rodgers trying to protect the lead so going too defensive. If you can’t defend that is a tactic that is sure to fail nearly everytime 

Guest Kopfkino

You have to say all the armchair managers and set piece experts that called for us to stop zonal, go man for man and get players on the post really have managed to solve the problem.

They’ll move on to criticising something else whatever takes their fancy next, never acknowledging the fact their solution has yielded no benefit 

13 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

The Hollier than thou mob will back him even if we went down, but but but we won the FA cup they cry. 

Talk about the match...you want to moan over Rodgers go to the 3 topics we have on him...

Edited by fuchsntf

5 minutes ago, Bazly said:

We would have taken a point 2 hours ago, or even 1 hour ago.

Not me! Predicted a win in both the pre-match and match threads.

I've watched West Ham the last few games, and we certainly have the quality to beat them at home.

Two invaluable points carelessly chucked out the window, with Vestergaard a virtual white flag!