Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OntarioFox

LCFC - West Ham Post Match Thread 2-2

24 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Just a simple question for those who still believe unquestioningly in Rodgers. Would you have made that substitution? 

There is a difference between questioning and tantrums to be fair. And in terms of the sub, no, of course not, and if Youri was blowing out his arse, then bring Hamza on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronnup said:

5th. 5th and the FA cup. 10th

That's OK. He's earned another season and a good summer spend. 

I agree, but BR has to take some criticism as well, some of his decision making and lack of foresight is shocking, if he gets the honour and privilege to do the rebuild etc, I wouldn't allow the same levels of performance and dissapointments, cigarette paper thin ice is what he should be skating on. 

• Like 1

Guest bennytwohats
5 minutes ago, Md9 said:

We were so close to  having 9 points form Spurs Brighton and West Ham at home only to lose the plot late in the game and we have 2 points to show for it 

It really is a shame. I completely understand people's frustration but to me we look so desperately short of confidence and belief it's incredibly toxic at the moment. The way we played in the second half shows that there is still something there, we just don't seem capable of unlocking it. We need to catch a break. I fear conceding in the manner we did will prove to be another step backwards in that regard. On paper it's not a bad point, but we so needed that win.

On paper, the substitution was the right one.

We know Tielemans tires and isn’t the best player for seeing a game out (see Spurs game) and you couldn’t take off the energy of KDH.

You see Dawson up there and you bring on the only CB you have on the bench, your tallest player and before the summer, a player with decent Ariel duels stats. 

However, knowing the form Vestegaard has been in, Choudary/Mendy would have been my choice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Made a terrible decision to take a shot on when he could have squared it to Barnes who would havd only needed to pass it into the net under no pressure

That happened right in front of me and Barnes movement looked poor. I'd need to see it again but Barnes looked marked? 

Absolute sickener.

The manner of conceding the 2nd might mask the fact that the 2nd half was as dominant as I've seen from us for ages. We totally dominated the middle of the park and were pulling them all over the place. Ricardo, Tielemans and KDH were running the game and our ball movement created so much space for Barnes.

Ultimately Rodgers decided to make a wholly unnecessary substitution. We'd run the legs off West Ham and keeping our tempo controllers on was paramount. We'd dealt with the aerial threat well pretty much all game.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

You are winning 2-1, in the past you know when changing the shape you have conceded late goals, and the team are managing to keep things under control, what do you do?

1 - Dont tinker, they will see it out, got faith in them.

2 - Like for like swap, inject some energy.

3 - Change the shape more defensive to send the message "sit back and soak it up lads". Rearrange defensive positions on corners.

Which would you pick?

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Strange take away that. 

He pretty much did exactly today what you'd expect. Came off the bench, was busy, didn't do much wrong 

He's basically a slight upgrade on Perez. Wouldn't mind him as cover, but we can and should be looking to do alot better than him as a first choice.

If it's a choice between signing him or someone better then I'd look to sign someone better for more money. Ideally we'd be able to bring in him and someone else though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poiseuille said:

On paper, the substitution was the right one.

We know Tielemans tires and isn’t the best player for seeing a game out (see Spurs game) and you couldn’t take off the energy of KDH.

You see Dawson up there and you bring on the only CB you have on the bench, your tallest player and before the summer, a player with decent Ariel duels stats. 

However, knowing the form Vestegaard has been in, Choudary/Mendy would have been my choice.

At the very least you keep the same shape and swap for another Midfielder if you feel Tielemans is too tired to see the game out.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Talk about the match...you want to moan over Rodgers go to the 3 topics we have on him...

It's very relevant to the match. If you don't want to hear people's thoughts on the manager after the match don't enter a thread about the match he's just threw away. Again.

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I don't understand how that's not handball, it's almost the same spot on the arm as the pen.

With that said, conceding from another set-piece so poorly is so embarrassing. 

Pretty good second half that, but all of that good work is effectively undone when you throw 2 points down the shitter like that. Vestergaard on. Very frustrating.

There ya go :thumbup: