Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Randers FC of Denmark (H) Pre Match 17th Feb 8pm

Got to be the diamond tonight. It will be a huge problem for them who try to overload the flanks and then look for space inside. In some ways you'd think that formation would suit width but it tends to be the opposite.

Schmeichel

Albrighton

Ndidi

Amartey

Thomas

Hamza

Tielemans

KDH

Maddison

Daka

Barnes

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got to be the diamond tonight. It will be a huge problem for them who try to overload the flanks and then look for space inside. In some ways you'd think that formation would suit width but it tends to be the opposite.

Schmeichel

Albrighton

Ndidi

Amartey

Thomas

Hamza

Tielemans

KDH

Maddison

Daka

Barnes

I think you can play the diamond tonight and not worry too much about their full backs flying forward. 

Key for us not to panic. No away goals rule now which changes the tactics slightly 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Vestergaard?

“Jannik came in here with a specific role. We needed experience after we lost Wesley Fofana. He wasn’t quite fit. It’s been a difficult number of months. He put himself out there to play when he wasn’t fit. He’s got himself into a good condition. We have other players who play in his position. He’s a good guy and a top professional.”

A great way to be nice about him but avoid saying he's a good player lol

To be honest what are we doing buying players who are "unfit", either physically, or ability wise.

The Diamond Formation's potential weakness is if the opposition is competent on the counter attack. Width in this system comes from the full backs so we'd need to be alert and concentrated at the back in transition with the full backs out of position.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

If we don't win this tonight people please bare in mind the injuries we have :ph34r:

Tonight was always going to be a tough ask. It would be incredible to get a draw, but what we really need is to see a bit of commitment and some signs that the team is heading in the right direction. That's all we can reaslistically ask for.

:whistle:

11 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Odunze, Flynn, Nelson, Ewing, Fitzhugh, WMM, and Braybrooke have all been added to the squad 

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaconferenceleague/clubs/53577--leicester/squad/

All were already in the B list squad in the Europa bar Braybrooke I think. Shame Alves isn't in there but I think we're unrealistic to think Rodgers is going to consider him yet. Just hope by doing so there's no possibility he refuses pro terms with us in May and goes elsewhere as he will be the one we regret if so.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Live to know the thought process behind how Fitzhugh was in there over Maswanhise from the off this season.

I recall him being on the bench twice last season in the Europa league. Maybe a similar situation to Ewing 🤷🏼 A so called hard worker over flair 

6 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

I recall him being on the bench twice last season in the Europa league. Maybe a similar situation to Ewing 🤷🏼 A so called hard worker over flair 

Just odd given Maswanhise seemed Rodgers teachers pet who was plucked from the U18's last winter and seriously impressed them. Had a great pre-season and was said to be kept in the U23's and around the 1st team rather than go out on loan. Since then he's been one of our best U23 players, even playing out of position and yet seems further away from the 1st team than a year ago, seldom trains with the 1st team any longer.

I'm sure there are reasons for it but can't help wonder why.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just odd given Maswanhise seemed Rodgers teachers pet who was plucked from the U18's last winter and seriously impressed them. Had a great pre-season and was said to be kept in the U23's and around the 1st team rather than go out on loan. Since then he's been one of our best U23 players, even playing out of position and yet seems further away from the 1st team than a year ago, seldom trains with the 1st team any longer.

I'm sure there are reasons for it but can't help wonder why.

We appear to have set a ''zero tolerance" to being held to ransom by youth player agents.... possibly another case of that? Not necessarily the players fault but more those around him.

6 minutes ago, AjcW said:

We appear to have set a ''zero tolerance" to being held to ransom by youth player agents.... possibly another case of that? Not necessarily the players fault but more those around him.

I was told last summer that Rudkin has had a huge hand in ensuring Alves and Braybrooke know exactly what the club think of them and their futures here. I don't think there will be an issue but you never know. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I was told last summer that Rudkin has had a huge hand in ensuring Alves and Braybrooke know exactly what the club think of them and their futures here. I don't think there will be an issue but you never know. 

Would hope that them being Leicester fans will help with that as well. As a young player the dream is to play for your favourite club. If they then go on to play elsewhere so be it, but hopefully will be motivated to breakthrough and represent Leicester first.