Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Randers FC of Denmark (H) Pre Match 17th Feb 8pm

Randers are poor. And they haven´t played competitively since December so they should be hammered. BUT its their cup final so they will work their butts off, and we are known to crumble at the slightest pressure. If we go one or two up early - a Brendan masterclass in defending a lead will last for 3 halves. 1 here and two in Randers. Cannot wait (:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheStig said:

Randers are poor. And they haven´t played competitively since December so they should be hammered. BUT its their cup final so they will work their butts off, and we are known to crumble at the slightest pressure. If we go one or two up early - a Brendan masterclass in defending a lead will last for 3 halves. 1 here and two in Randers. Cannot wait (:

Don't say that.

I don't want to go all that way to be bored stiff  

I want to see a few rested for this. I hope Ricardo doesn't get 90 mins as fear he will be the next one limping off again at the weekend. 60 mins max. With 5 subs I expect Rodgers to use them all. 

Kasper

Ricardo Amartey Cags  Thomas 

Mendy Tielemans 

KDH        Perez      Barnes

Daka

We should be able to play fringe players here and still get a result. I’d start the likes of Perez and Vestergaard. Nacho can have a.m rare start, even Bertrand if he is fit. 

if we can’t beat this rabble we might as well wind up and start again in non league 

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We should be able to play fringe players here and still get a result. I’d start the likes of Perez and Vestergaard. Nacho can have a.m rare start, even Bertrand if he is fit. 

if we can’t beat this rabble we might as well wind up and start again in non league 

Out for the season

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

I want to see a few rested for this. I hope Ricardo doesn't get 90 mins as fear he will be the next one limping off again at the weekend. 60 mins max. With 5 subs I expect Rodgers to use them all. 

Kasper

Ricardo Amartey Cags  Thomas 

Mendy Tielemans 

KDH        Perez      Barnes

Daka

I’m sure Mendy missed out on europa squad and was just added to prem one?

• Like 2

If we have any aspirations of being a regular in european competitions, we should go fairly strong here. You won't see many top European teams fielding unrecognisable teams in the 2nd phase of these competitions (certainly the successful ones). If you don't treat the tournament with some respect, then don't expect any in return. So no fecking Ward / Vesty please.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

If Brendan has lost the dressing room this game could be the tipping point a 1-1 or 0-1 should see him gone.

I think that 2nd half vs West Ham showed that he hasn't lost the dressing room yet.

This game is a really good opportunity to get some confidence back. I wouldn't want to rest too many for that reason.

• Like 2

This competition really has to be taken seriously as our priority now. Would 10th and Europa Conference winners be a bad season? 

Kasper

Ricardo Ndidi Soyuncu Thomas

Soumare

Youri     KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho   Daka

Would love to see Alves on the bench for this too

1 hour ago, FoxesWalk said:

Can I ask what the point of playing our fringe players though when surely this competition is now our most important? 

I'd rest Ricardo and possibly drop one of Soyuncu or Amartey for being shite but other than that it should be our full strength team.

Brendan Rodgers has never won a knockout European football tie at any club, that's disgusting and if he doesn't get through this then it's the end, it's got to be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LVocey said:

This competition really has to be taken seriously as our priority now. Would 10th and Europa Conference winners be a bad season? 

Kasper

Ricardo Ndidi Soyuncu Thomas

Soumare

Youri     KDH

Maddison

Iheanacho   Daka

Would love to see Alves on the bench for this too

Ricardo shouldn't be rushed, he's just played 90 mins at the weekend. I'd look to bring him on if needs be but not start him.

Alves should start though 😉

I'd be cautious with overexposing Ricardo after Justin's injury at the weekend but otherwise we might as well roll the dice with this competition. Full strength side. If we are 3 goals or so ahead I'd be happy to rotate in the second leg but lets get someway towards completing the job at home first.

Given Randers haven't played competitively since December and we should have sufficient quality to dominate the game, I'd like to see us really take this to them in the home leg. Attack them like we did West Ham in the second half and give our available first team players more minutes together to work on whatever system/approach we are pushing to upturn our league form. Winning breeds confidence, something we are hideously short of right now, so let's take the opportunity to put a win on the board.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Mendy KDH

Perez Maddison Albrighton

Iheanacho

Think it's important that we play our strongest defence to build confidence.

Get some momentum going for Barnes, he has to start. No way I'd risk Ricardo from the off, he can't do 3 starts in a week. Rest him and then he can start the 2nd leg if needs be.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Amartey Soyuncu Thomas

Mendy KDH

Perez Maddison Albrighton

Iheanacho

Think it's important that we play our strongest defence to build confidence.

I'd agree with that but given Justin has an injury after a spell out, I wouldn't be rushing Ricardo back. 

Alrbrighton to RB & Lookman up front and I'd probably pick the same. 

I'm not being funny though, if you're a squad player in a top half PL squad like ours, you should go out and put a mid table Danish side to the sword. We shouldn't have to play any first XI really lol