Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the house

Psychologist.

Do Leicester city employ or use a psychologist ?

It seems to me this is a mentality problem,  as much as a skill or talent issue when defending dead ball situations specially corners.

It's on there mind they feel danger, fear, and are apprehensive when defending corners, which just compounds the problem. 

The use of a psychologist on a one to one bases, or with the whole team, could help them get over there fears or apprehension in dealing with the situation at corners.

• Like 1

...there are more important things to be talking to the club psychologists to be dealing with, than that!!!

Defending at corners are something that should be resolved by replication and organisation, not trying to look to overcome a situation where the manager has failed to implement tactical reasonings.

There has been a great need for help in other areas, with what the individual players have been through, and not to have someone dealing with the mental health of our players is a failure that you would not expect nor should expect, from a progressive club  such as ours.

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there are more important things to be talking to the club psychologists to be dealing with, than that!!!

Defending at corners are something that should be resolved by replication and organisation, not trying to look to overcome a situation where the manager has failed to implement tactical reasonings.

There has been a great need for help in other areas, with what the individual players have been through, and not to have someone dealing with the mental health of our players is a failure that you would not expect nor should expect, from a progressive club  such as ours.

Agree a lot of this is drilling the players with the set piece routine (other teams just look so much better drilled than us in several areas) but some players seem to suffer from lack of concentration & composure, resulting in them switching off at critical times or having brain fart moments.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I'm not here to defend the club, I just put an idea that might solve  a problem. 

If you are not teaching the right way to defend  as much replication will only get the same result. And if they are not organising right, well that is up to brendon to explain why not .

Psychologist has many other areas of work, such as mental health I fully agree  that's why I asked do they employ one ?

10 minutes ago, Fox in the house said:

I'm not here to defend the club, I just put an idea that might solve  a problem. 

If you are not teaching the right way to defend  as much replication will only get the same result. And if they are not organising right, well that is up to brendon to explain why not .

Psychologist has many other areas of work, such as mental health I fully agree  that's why I asked do they employ one ?

It has been discussed lots on other treads. The importance of hiring a psychologist. I don’t think any of us know truly whether the club employ one of not 

• Like 1

I've been saying this for a long time. After CR let him go, I'm not sure we replaced him. Which is ridiculous. 

Clearly it was working, and it's clear now we have a mentality issue.

Also, use of the Psych should be optional, after one mandatory/recommended visit perhaps. So no one would necessarily complain about it, if they didn't have to use it.

Seems too simple to not have?

They had one for years. They choose to keep it confidential. It won’t be an arranged meeting though. It would be up to the players to contact the psychologist. You require a willing person to open up else it does the polar opposite. 

They are not employed full time by the club either as that would be slightly daft

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I've been saying this for a long time. After CR let him go, I'm not sure we replaced him. Which is ridiculous. 

Clearly it was working, and it's clear now we have a mentality issue.

Also, use of the Psych should be optional, after one mandatory/recommended visit perhaps. So no one would necessarily complain about it, if they didn't have to use it.

Seems too simple to not have?

Vardy was a regular visitor apparently.