Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudio Fannieri

My First Ever City Game

2 hours ago, steve555 said:

That seems like it could be the same one as my first game, November 1972, 2-2 draw, Samuels & Farrington the scorers. Followed in the next game with a Frank Worthington hat- trick in a 3-1 win over West Brom.

I remember that ManU match and fans with George Best shirts. They must've been one of the first clubs to have that type of merchandise. I think we were all about rosettes and scarfs knitted by your mum. 

It was chucking it down for that WBA match and only about 18,000 turned up which was very low at that time. Puddles all over the mud bath pitch. Hat trick goal was down the Filbert St end but I could still see Frank's forward roll. 

Funny what you remember. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
25 minutes ago, Rain King said:

And a streaker!

Streakers were a feature at sports events in the seventies and eighties. Erika Roe at Twickenham springs to mind. 

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Yes I was,I think in those days you had to go to the ground to get tickets for big matches.Think I did that for this one,but my memory might be fading,I can remember thinking they were going to leave me in Leicester.When we got back to the car it was covered in gob as my mate had a Cambridge sticker in the window.

i also had a  pissed off Leicester fan walk over my precious Citroen AX GT in a car park away at Peterborough the following year.Yes,the game when we had half the ground,police horses,dogs and lost 3-0.

Yes, I went to that Peterborough away game in April 1993 with my mate and remember the streaker too! I also remember there being a lot of disgruntled Foxes fans that day after the game! We never turned up basically and they had ex Cobblers (Northampton) bargain buy duo (Bobby Barnes and Tony Adcock) in attack. You don't tend to get yobs do such things to parked cars anymore like back in the early 90s thankfully ... one thing to be thankful for in these collectively better behaved times I guess! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

Streakers were a feature at sports events in the seventies and eighties. Erika Roe at Twickenham springs to mind. 

Big tits Erica in 1982! Also that lass at the Wimbledon men's final in 1996 (the two "one off" finalists final Richard Krajicek v Mal Washington) - which was probably a really big dare!

6 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Late in 1968 v Chelsea. Paid for the pop side but jumped over the corner into the kop. Sat on a high, spiked wall in front of the seats of the mainstand - much to the displeasure of the flat cap brigade!

Was amazed that 200 chelsea fans were right in the middle of the kop - where I used to go the away fans would NEVER 'take' the Oak Road End (until Leicester a couple of years later!!).

Stringfellow scored after 4 minutes and City, with Nish and Roberts and Cross and Glover and Clarke were a young fan's dream!

Final score: Leicester 1 Chelsea 4

End of season: Relegated!

So started the roller coaster of supporting City!

Not my first game but I brought my younger brother to this  for  his first match and he ended up  supporting Chelsea. He’s the only one of the 5 brothers not to support Leicester so I blame myself for this or maybe he has middle child issues 😜

• Haha 1

My first game Dec 3rd 1966 home to Stoke won 4  2.....was 11 at the time don’t remember much of the game other than steady stream of fans being frogmarched by the police from the Kop around the pitch and down the tunnel in the East Stand...Mixture of Leicester and Stoke fans so it must have been kicking off 

2 notable things I’ve since found out about this game are it was David Nishes debut

And Our 4 goals were scored by players from the 4 different countries

David Nish England , Derek Dougan Northern Ireland, Peter Rodrigues Wales and Jackie Sinclair Scotland 

1st game I can remember. Liverpool 1977 for my birthday. Disaster really as one of the kids supported Man U , even though it was Liverpool, and took the mick afterwards. All I can remember is David Fairclough scoring and the scrap in the back of my Dads Cortina estate 😂

B2780FA5-431F-42A3-9AD3-328E82B46735.jpeg

Edited by FoxnNorfolk

10 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Was that a Boxing Day game? If so, that was my first game too. Lost 1-0 to a goal off a corner (some things never change!). Think the scorer was the guy who always wore a headband, Steve Foster. Was a terrible game between 2 teams in the relegation zone, as I recall. 

Yes it was Boxing day, my uncle took me down and I got so bored I started to kick the seat in front of me! Anyway all I remember was a guy going on the pitch with a union flag and setting it down on the half way line before getting a truntion shampoo off the local constabuarly! 

10 hours ago, ozvaldo said:

Filbert Street. Really foggy day. Sat in the kop with my dad.  I think we played Birmingham (all I remember was we couldn’t really see the other end of the pitch and they were in a bright fluorescent yellow kit). Probably circa 1995. 

You sure it wasn't Blackburn in December 1996?

We played Birmingham at home 4 times in the 90s, don't think we played them in the fog, though I could be wrong.

Screenshot_20220222-094122_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-094519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 1

Went to loads of Family Night football back in the day so technically, that. I remember going to a game against Liverpool at Filbert Street, I think Heskey played for us and Robbie Fowler was playing for them, might have been coming back from an injury. 

First proper game I think was either Leeds or Derby at home, sat in the double decker. 

First game I remember at the ground now was either Barcelona pre-season, or Preston at home in 02/03. We won 2-1 in the end I think, I remember the Preston fans being unreal, they were dead loud and had a big flag surfer before kick off. That was the game that had me hooked. 

Just looked at the teams in Div 1 02/03 and wow what a set of aways that must have been. Bradford, Wednesday, Grimsby, Sheff U, Cov, Forest, Derby, Wimbledon, Gillingham, Palace, Millwall, Stoke. An unreal fixture list for the champo. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, irishfoxkev said:

Not my first game but I brought my younger brother to this  for  his first match and he ended up  supporting Chelsea. He’s the only one of the 5 brothers not to support Leicester so I blame myself for this or maybe he has middle child issues 😜

I can see why your brother began supporting Chelsea! That team was unbelievable: Bonetti, Harris, McCreadie, Webb (later LCFC), Tambling, Cooke, Birchenall (later LCFC), Hollins, Baldwin and, best of all, Peter Osgood. What a team - and what a show they put on that day!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

I can see why your brother began supporting Chelsea! That team was unbelievable: Bonetti, Harris, McCreadie, Webb (later LCFC), Tambling, Cooke, Birchenall (later LCFC), Hollins, Baldwin and, best of all, Peter Osgood. What a team - and what a show they put on that day!

A very good side. I prefer the memory of our win at Stamford Bridge. 2-0 October 65. This is on YouTube 

• Like 1

1st Jan 1991, we beat West Brom 2.1

My Dad took me and my sister and we sat in the East Stand.  I just remember the roar when we scored that first goal and I've never looked back since. My first Leicester hero, Steve Walsh with a goal.  My 3rd game was the Oxford United 1.0 win last game of the season to stay up.  Pitch invasion, carnage, loved it.

7 hours ago, Rain King said:

You sure it wasn't Blackburn in December 1996?

We played Birmingham at home 4 times in the 90s, don't think we played them in the fog, though I could be wrong.

Screenshot_20220222-094122_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-094519_Samsung Internet.jpg

It was definitely Blackburn at home in Dec. 1996. re the above, I was there - spot the ball lol! 

18 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The day I feel in love with Leicester City

24th of August 1991.

Leicester City 2 Plymouth 0

Colin Gibson and Paul Kitson.

I remember that game. 

It was part of the comeback under Brian Little after 5 or 6 years of absolute garbage . 

I was 20 and it was a great season following that team up and down the country. 

Blue Army! 

14 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

I remember that game. 

It was part of the comeback under Brian Little after 5 or 6 years of absolute garbage . 

I was 20 and it was a great season following that team up and down the country. 

Blue Army! 

Yes it was, I was only 14.

I think it was Littles first home game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes it was, I was only 14.

I think it was Littles first home game.

Yes it must have been after the Swindon 0 - 0 and the pitch invasion to Leicester are back hello hello and the Southend away 2 - 1 (Walshie and Tommy Wright) (after beating Maidstone in the 1st round of the league cup). 

It's in my top 5 favourite seasons 1991 / 1992 (I have 45 under my belt) - No wonder you were hooked 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, weller54 said:

Yes, Shilton was just incredible!... nothing was going to get past him that game!

Think we had about 20% possession and they must have had 20/30 shots on goal 😂, think they'd gone something like 40 home games unbeaten too!

Can't be sure, but was it Frank Large's debut for us?

Not sure re Frank Large..remember him being a big lump and fearless !

Dont think we will ever see a 17 year old goalie in the Premier league.

• Like 1