Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot

We managed to combine a 90 minute solid performance.

No sloppy errors, grit and determination in the tackle and two bits of quality to win the game.

It was actually a lot like how we won games in the run we went under Rodgers in 2019. Reminded me of the Palace win.

Fair play Rodgers - he's still got the players and some of them are hitting some serious form. Another assist for Barnes, a goal for Maddison and the 🐐 is back.

2 hours ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

If Burnley go down, we should go all in for Pope and Tarkowski. I have not really thought much of the latter when we’ve been linked window after window, but he is bigger than he looks, fearless and a proper defender. Would be great alongside Soyuncu and the older, calmer head we have needed all season. 

Please watch his defending and failure to track Vardy for the second goal. 

• Like 1

Just woken up having got back late from Turd Moor. What a performance that was. Didn’t give them in an inch with their archaic organised Sunday League approach, and class showed in the end.

Vardy is a massive upgrade on Daka at the moment - in movement - and also he’s not a lone striker. Maddison is on fire.

Amartey and Cags were excellent as well.

Hopefully we can build on this as it looked like the old Leicester. Bring back Justin and Fofana and things are hopefully starting to look brighter.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Please watch his defending and failure to track Vardy for the second goal. 

I thought that Tarkowski had a pretty poor game. The ducked header and letting the ball bounce almost on the goal line with Patson lurking ,particularly came to mind . If that had been Vesty we’d be losing our s**t 

8 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Their starting 11 today cost around £50-55m so quite a way off ours as Youri alone was £40m. He is a nob though and always complains about other teams spending money  

90 million starting eleven ? Not that much difference then......

10 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Just quietly, is Pope a better keeper than Kasper?

I've followed 'The Pope' since he was Marcus Garnham's understudy at Bury St. Edmund's - so I could be biased, but it's bewildering why he's still at Burnley. 

I consider him the England first choice and I wouldn't mind him taking over from Schmeichel when the time comes.

However, if Burnley go down, unless he's loyal to a fault, the time will have come a little too early for City. Schmeichel is still effective and almost as much a Club talisman as Vardy.

Burnley FC is hugely popular in the town. There's some stat about members to town population being the highest proportion in top-level football, so he may just enjoy being a big fish in a small pond.

If and when City get its defence frailties sorted out, then a keeper who dominates his area might be preferable to a shot-stopper.

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That Weghorst chance from the corner probably humps it up a lot. 

Yep, came to a 0.58 for that chance alone. 

Ours is deceivingly low as well. The position of lots of our shots wasn’t optimal, as Burnley are good at stopping players getting into high xg shot areas. But the quality of some of our shots was outstanding, another day we score 4. Considering they allow the least shots per game on average as well we absolutely peppered their goal.

They were crap going forwards tho. 

4 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I've followed 'The Pope' since he was Marcus Garnham's understudy at Bury St. Edmund's - so I could be biased, but it's bewildering why he's still at Burnley. 

I consider him the England first choice and I wouldn't mind him taking over from Schmeichel when the time comes.

However, if Burnley go down, unless he's loyal to a fault, the time will have come a little too early for City. Schmeichel is still effective and almost as much a Club talisman as Vardy.

Burnley FC is hugely popular in the town. There's some stat about members to town population being the highest proportion in top-level football, so he may just enjoy being a big fish in a small pond.

If and when City get its defence frailties sorted out, then a keeper who dominates his area might be preferable to a shot-stopper.

He’s never been exposed to playing with a high line or playing out from the back. That’s what’s stopping him going to a bigger team or playing for England imo. 

With his style of play I can see him at West Ham or someone like that. I think when we get our next keeper we need to go big and try get a top level one. You see the difference that Allison and ederson made at those clubs, we need someone who’s really going to take us up a notch. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Le Renard said:

At last we have a defence, Söyüncü had his best game since, god knows when.

I mean, they were absolutely shit and offered nothing going forward. 

I seem to remember foxestalk getting just as exited when we beat Watford. 

I'm absolutely stoked we got an away win with a clean sheet, don't get me wrong, this is great. But I'm still reserving judgement to see how we carry that in to the next few games. 

Seems like Wilf went back to basics which was huge for us. Barnes lethal as well. 

Surprised not to see more comments about Burnley fans, specifically their chant about Vichai, it was very disappointing how many of the morons joined in with it.