Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 0-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Great result - would have been more but Pope was up to his usual antics so credit to him where it's due

The difference Vardy made when he was brought on shows as others have said how much we've missed some of our key players, and to think we get to see Fofana in the near future as well! UTFB! 

Brilliant tonight. Didn’t really give them a sniff. A clean sheet. Absolutely battered them in all honesty. Two lovely goals in their own rights. How good does it feel to win, and have the performance to back it up? Plus the goat is back. 

Some people thought we were in a relegation battle. lol 

• Like 3

****. Yes. That feels very satisfying indeed. Credit to the defence, heck, the whole team today. But special mentions for Amartey, KDH and Albrighton. Worked their socks off the whole game.

That's got to give them all some confidence going forward. Hope Ricky's okay.

Edited by CloudFox
Edit: Maddison didn't play as an 8, I got mixed up with his gesturing for a 2-man midfield when he came on.
  • Like 1

You look at just the stats and you’d think that was a Liverpool or a Man City going there and just going about their business in a professional way. We haven’t had an away performance like that for ****ing ages, we’ve probably played better, but for pure professionalism and battling and just getting the job done. Can’t remember.

I had very little confidence tonight, they’ve had their tails up too and I’ve been proved wrong. Very well done City. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Manini said:

You look at just the stats and you’d think that was a Liverpool or a Man City going there and just going about their business in a professional way. We haven’t had an away performance like that for ****ing ages, we’ve probably played better, but for pure professionalism and battling and just getting the job done. Can’t remember.

I had very little confidence tonight, they’ve had their tails up too and I’ve been proved wrong. Very well done City. 

I never doubted the Boys!!

16 minutes ago, Eskay said:

Like some on here I'm worried we still rely on Albrighton so much .....but I thought he was brilliant tonight. Kept McNeil quiet and didn't stop running. Some really good decision making too. 

Albrighton has really turned back the clock the last few games and found some form just when we need it.

Agreed that his decision making and choice of pass is correct most of the time and with Ricardo injured again he's needed at right back again.

Just got in the car. Solid game, bit wobbly halfway through the second half but the subs worked well and the goals were excellent. Rodgers should be criticised for his errors but he made the right changes. A 2-0 away win and clean sheet to boot, fan-fooking-tastic :scarf:

Edited by Fox in the North

It worked out fine in the end but does anyone know why Maddison - our one in-form player - didn’t start?

Boy, did we need that win. Some might crow that we were never in relegation trouble but had we lost that - another game we bossed, like against Wolves - the anxiety would undoubtedly have started to creep in.

We still have to back up this win with another one against Leeds, but at least things are starting to look up.

It’s been a rubbish season, full of letdowns and disappointment. Now let’s go and finish it in style.

• Like 4