Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds (H) Post-Match Thread

Guest MarshallForEngland
4 hours ago, 420Hashish said:

A win is a win. Idc how we got it

Agreed. Reminded me of some of the 1-0 victories in the second half of our title season. Relied on Kasper a bit, soaked up a lot of pressure and then put one quality move together to snatch it. Also very pleased with how we saw the game out given the late goals we've conceded this season.

The result is more important than the performance. It will build confidence going forward.

Kasper was at his best and I thought Dan had an excellent game. Agressive in the 50/50s

won every header he went for and only 1 missplaced pass when he tried to find Nacho with a long ball.

KDH was everywhere and his clever play got him out of trouble a few times.

Youu

Youri was disappointing and Vardy was a pest as usual and must be a nightmare to play against.

Barnes was excellent all game and took his goal well.

The cohesion could have been better but the win is what counted. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Football is so much more enjoyable when you don't watch it... :)

I'd actually forgotten it was an early kick off, i was driving when the words '...and Leicester have beaten Leeds' came through on the radio, I was annoyed to have missed watching...but massively relieved/happy at the same time.:facepalm::yahoo:

• Haha 1

It was bright and sunny for the first 10 mins, we started off really well and the clapping for Ukraine was impressive.

We were a bit hot and cold though the game but we got the win so on to the next one.

Plenty to like about the match yesterday not least 3 points and a clean sheet.

For me it was not so much individual performances but the partnerships, except Kasper of course who had the best all-round game I have seen him have for a while.

Big Dan and Cags were excellent I thought, good at winning the ball and looking to move it forward more quickly.

I love watching Thomas, KDH and Barnes on the left, obviously they understand each other well so can interchange and overlap almost at will.

Barnes (again) and Vardy up top against a side playing a high line is terrifying.  In the first 20 minutes the Leeds defence was shîtting themselves every time either ran at them.  They seemed to find a way to nullify that though and get a foothold in the game but I am not sure exactly how.

Youri is a worry at the moment.  I kept expecting one of his trademark, defence splitting passes but it never came.  If we had Maddison there yesterday I think we would have battered them, his vision and range of passing gives us so many attacking options, particularly when Youri is misfiring.

Not sure what’s going on with Wilf either but is was great to see Papy come on obviously brimming with confidence - I hope he could hear his new song.

You have to feel for Hamza a bit, he always gives his all and will do whatever is asked of him.  We got away with him at CB but playing RB is much more difficult positionally and he won’t have had time to prepare.  Fair play to BR for changing things before it cost a goal, Kevin is a better back up and it did give us the chance to bring Lookman on who always looks dangerous although it would be good if he looked for a pass rather than trying to take on the last man every time.

Anyway, I think we can stop worrying about relegation for this season and concentrate on Europe.  Rennes will not be easy but on our day we can still beat anyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

The result is more important than the performance. It will build confidence going forward.

Kasper was at his best and I thought Dan had an excellent game. Agressive in the 50/50s

won every header he went for and only 1 missplaced pass when he tried to find Nacho with a long ball.

KDH was everywhere and his clever play got him out of trouble a few times.

Youu

Youri was disappointing and Vardy was a pest as usual and must be a nightmare to play against.

Barnes was excellent all game and took his goal well.

The cohesion could have been better but the win is what counted. 

That's always true but clearly the new Leeds manager hasn't quite got it yet. Odd given the perilous position his club is currently in. 

15 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Strange how people see games so differently.

Six of us sit together and we all thought Albrighton was terrible in the first half.

Improved in the second but still wasn’t ‘outstanding’. 

15 hours ago, adam said:

Looked like his legs had gone completely second half. Should not be starting for us out wide. Especially at home to a poor Leeds side. 

Couldn't agree more. He gave the ball away too much yesterday and put our defense under pressure. We need to buy a top quality right winger/forward in the summer as it is by far our weakest position in our starting 11.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

Couldn't agree more. He gave the ball away too much yesterday and put our defense under pressure. We need to buy a top quality right winger/forward in the summer as it is by far our weakest position in our starting 11.

Yes lets overlook the bust gut wrenching run he put in to clear a dangerous attack in the final minutes by Leeds, if it wasnt for his interception Leeds may have got something.  (Responding to criticism of Albrighton by some).

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Yes lets overlook the bust gut wrenching run he put in to clear a dangerous attack in the final minutes by Leeds, if it wasnt for his interception Leeds may have got something.  (Responding to criticism of Albrighton by some).

A make my judgement of a player/game over 90 mins not just over once passage of play. Albrighton always puts in 100% effort in every time he plays but he was still a weak link in our side yesterday. When lookman came on it's no coincidance that we looked far more dangerous going forward down the right side.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, los dedos said:

What reason would they have for banning him? .:dunno:

None I guess but he won’t be paying for that seat, nor the hospitality in the directors lounge that he undoubtedly receives …..

but the late Khun vichai was masterful at knowing who to have inside your tent, even if they sometimes didn’t deserve to be ….

3 hours ago, Flamey said:

I'd actually forgotten it was an early kick off, i was driving when the words '...and Leicester have beaten Leeds' came through on the radio, I was annoyed to have missed watching...but massively relieved/happy at the same time.:facepalm::yahoo:

6 AM alarm for me and a bad WIFI morning. I saw was the goal but after even BBC text was failing. Foxestalk match thread hung in there though. I wish I had been with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

I see Keith Vaz was sitting just below Peter Schmeichel in the crowd which confirms the Club don't mind who they allow in.

Too ill to attend court but not a football match,he is such  despicable man .

• Like 2