Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds (H) Post-Match Thread

The move for the goal was lovely. We didn't really move off the ball like that enough through out the game. 

Albrighton was poor first half (set peice delivery aside which was excellent) much better second half after he moved to right back. 

Amarty was great, soyuncu was great. Kasper was excellent. KDH superb. N'didi was balling too. 

The difference vardy makes to us and the opposition by just being there is ridiculous. The goat. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, David Hankey said:

6 points off 'Dirty Leeds', just as I predicted when they got promoted, excellent!!

18 hours ago, David Hankey said:

Ah yes, you are right. I was thinking the away game should have been a win.

They also got promoted the year before and we took 3 points last season. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

The first half was pretty good. At times, we played some lovely stuff. Looked more like our old selves. Second half was more gritty, however…. These are games we’ve been losing so it’s a huge bonus to have seen it out with another clean sheet.

Confidence seems to be coming back. Can’t really complain all in all, a decent outing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

All the reports and comments I have seen suggest thy we were have been lucky to have enough got a point and were outplayed the whole game. I was there and didn’t see it like that. Leeds are dangerous going forward and have scored goals against better teams than us and we were strong at the back as well as playing some very good football at times, so a bit less of all this negativity please !

I'm with you on this. Yes Leeds were dangerous but we handled it.  First half we played some lovely football.  MoD highlights made it look like Leeds were on top the whole game whereas they had their best 15 mins  just after half time.

End of the day a 1-0 win so will take that as you do not always get the rub of the green. Barnes showed a bit of class when it mattered and sometimes that is all the difference you need. Nice to avoid the new manager bounce as well so lots of positives and much easier when you win. Start putting some results together and we can start looking up the table. We also have some major players coming back for us which should boost us. 

I did find it weird looking at the scoreboard yesterday with the amount of shots Leeds were credited with having, seemed too many. It was a gritty performance, and grit and LCFC haven’t been closely associated with each other this season. Showed to me the team are still playing for Rodgers. 

18 hours ago, mad biker said:

Apologies to anyone after page 2 who wrote anything positive, I had to exit there before I threw the lap top out of the window ! those stats just show how utterly useless and irrelevant they are ! here`s a stat, Goals..... Leicester 1  Leeds 0  can`t believe all the meely mouthed  miserable negative "fans" saying we were "lucky" it was a smash and grab etc, 19 shots :-) most of them were lucky to stay in the stadium ! we had chances as well and not once did I feel they were going to score, not once ! Kasper makes saves, really ? shock horror a goalkeeper actually does his job :-)  Great goal, clean sheet and 3 points  end of !!!!

You didn't think Raphinha was going to score from 2 yards out?

I'm happy to take the 3 points as we've played well and lost or drawn several times this season but more often than not, a display like yesterday leads to a defeat or at least a goal or 2 conceded where its a huge ask to then get anything from given we barely created any chances except for an Ndidi header and Barnes exquisite finish.

We're building something though, even if it's just confidence to increase out ability to dominate matches once again. 

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

That's always true but clearly the new Leeds manager hasn't quite got it yet. Odd given the perilous position his club is currently in. 

To be fair to him it takes time to change the game plan. 

He probably thought it best to keep attacking knowing us knowing how many goals we've been leaking lately. And but for Kasper at times he might have got a draw at least.

A Shithousery win on occasions is very satisfying.  Helps make up for Brighton away, Wolves away and Wham at home.  Swings and roundabouts. Move on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You didn't think Raphinha was going to score from 2 yards out?

I'm happy to take the 3 points as we've played well and lost or drawn several times this season but more often than not, a display like yesterday leads to a defeat or at least a goal or 2 conceded where its a huge ask to then get anything from given we barely created any chances except for an Ndidi header and Barnes exquisite finish.

We're building something though, even if it's just confidence to increase out ability to dominate matches once again. 

Tbf the Raphinha chance should have been buried and at 0-0 was a big save, but other than that what clear cut chances did they create? They had the same amount of on target shots as us and other than the raphinha chance there was no stand out chance that I thought we were lucky not to concede. Compare that to the ndidi free header and lookmans chance at the end as well as our goal I think our chances were far better even if we were under the cosh a bit

7 hours ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

A make my judgement of a player/game over 90 mins not just over once passage of play. Albrighton always puts in 100% effort in every time he plays but he was still a weak link in our side yesterday. When lookman came on it's no coincidance that we looked far more dangerous going forward down the right side.

On 05/03/2022 at 14:24, StriderHiryu said:

We were dire in that second half. Youri Tielemans perfomance summed us up in that game. IE complete wank.

Kasper, Soy and Amartey were all great though, and those 3 plus Barnes one moment of quality bagged us the points. Lucky win though!

We were and are devoid of attacking quality in this squad. Maddison was badly missed as was Ricardo. Lookman though a bit hit and miss, got us playing when he came on. Nacho lost the ball a lot, but had the killer pass for Barnes' goal.

Great result in the end though.

You're a great poster and I agree with you on lots of stuff. Not sure I agree with the bit in bold, though. It's certainly true of the team we fielded today but more generally we're still 6th highest scorers in the league in what we all agree can best be described as a hugely underwhelming season. Also, there was that stat the other day that we are the only team apart from Man City to have 4 players with 20+ goal contributions since the start of last season. I don't think attacking threat is the issue on the whole, though we do need a quality wide right player because Lookman is a left winger and doesn't look the same on the right. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You're a great poster and I agree with you on lots of stuff. Not sure I agree with the bit in bold, though. It's certainly true of the team we fielded today but more generally we're still 6th highest scorers in the league in what we all agree can best be described as a hugely underwhelming season. Also, there was that stat the other day that we are the only team apart from Man City to have 4 players with 20+ goal contributions since the start of last season. I don't think attacking threat is the issue on the whole, though we do need a quality wide right player because Lookman is a left winger and doesn't look the same on the right. 

Fair point! I think in this game specifically though it was because we were missing so many players. Tielemans being off his game plus Ricardo and Maddison out = struggle to create, which was the case throughout the 90.

2 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Lookman was poor when he came on.  He held onto the ball too long at times when players were free he tried too many times to beat the last man instead of making a simple pass......still we will agree to disagree......

Definately, that's the beauty of the game. Not everyone will see the game the same way. 

3 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Tbf the Raphinha chance should have been buried and at 0-0 was a big save, but other than that what clear cut chances did they create? They had the same amount of on target shots as us and other than the raphinha chance there was no stand out chance that I thought we were lucky not to concede. Compare that to the ndidi free header and lookmans chance at the end as well as our goal I think our chances were far better even if we were under the cosh a bit

xG had us down as 0.33 which is ridiculous, perhaps it discards Ndidi because of how bad he is at finishing. 

Leeds was 2.11 which is surprising, they created plenty of chances but were either off target, blocked or saved. That Raphinha one was a complete shocker though, Harrison and James ones were similar difficulty to Barnes goal IMO.

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

xG had us down as 0.33 which is ridiculous, perhaps it discards Ndidi because of how bad he is at finishing. 

Leeds was 2.11 which is surprising, they created plenty of chances but were either off target, blocked or saved. That Raphinha one was a complete shocker though, Harrison and James ones were similar difficulty to Barnes goal IMO.

wilf’s header is 0.09

That says it’s only scored 1 in every 11 times it occurs. I’m not sure how it’s all calculated ….assume it’s automated and that the computer takes account of where the ball is struck from and where defenders are between the ball and the goal 

Leeds high Xg seems to simply be down to the number of efforts they had. The only chances they have above 0.12 is raphinha (0.65) and Koch (0.29) 

image.thumb.png.a7ef2518d0dab8f8c2117807b4802022.png

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

wilf’s header is 0.09

That says it’s only scored 1 in every 11 times it occurs. I’m not sure how it’s all calculated ….assume it’s automated and that the computer takes account of where the ball is struck and where defenders are between the ball and the goal 

image.thumb.png.a7ef2518d0dab8f8c2117807b4802022.png

Strange because some of Leeds chances are much higher, Koch for example is about 0.35 I think I read and I cannot remember what opportunity that was? 

25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I can’t really remember them having a sustained period of pressure against us. I think our pressing further up the field has improved considerably in the last two games, limiting Burnley and Leeds’ ability to maintain possession in our half. Both games have still had a couple of nervy moments in our box but overall it’s a lot more satisfying to see. 

Straight after HT and just before our goal was quite sustained. Our goal was against the run of play.

• Haha 1