Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds (H) Post-Match Thread

Not a great game, we were scrappy, but at least we got the win against a limited but now better organised Leeds team. 

Kasper kept us in it to the goal. Barnes took the goal well, good assist by Kelechi. Nice to see Papy back on the field. Good little cameo to see us home. Soyuncu amd Dan looked OK. KDH and Luke along with Albrighton gave their customary all. 

Still a lot to do and work on. But will take the 3 points. 

Played far better at Wolves and lost, such is football. Nowhere near our best, but fought at the back and had the necessary quality to score. Soyuncu excellent. 

Tough at the bottom, you lose games even when you're on top. 

• Like 3

There will be plenty of complaints in sure as it wasn't particularly good but it's a win, and yeh way this season has gone im just going to enjoy the wins however they come. 

We played pretty well at Wolves and got nothing, relatively poor today but we win. That's football. 

The same old problems we have when we have Vardy, predictable and too focused on the ball in behind every time. Even more so without Maddison. 

Sometimes it works but it's a difficult pass to get right. 

Best I've seen Soyuncu for a while even if they had plenty of shots, Amartey was great the final bit of the game. Kasper kept us in it with good saves but saves id expect him to make..

Dewsbury-Hall excellent again. Working really well with Barnes who is playing well when allowed to run with the ball, picking up some great starting positions. 

Tielemans and Ndidi were poor though. 

• Like 2

We are struggling with our form, but two clean sheets aint to be sniffed at.

Apart from Kasper, KDH, Barnes, Soyuncu and Amartey played well. Albrighton worked his arse off, again.

We are well established in the Premier League with 4 lads with Leicester accents in the starting line up.

Can't say fairer than that.

• Like 2

We were fortunate.  We were unfortunate against Wolves and West Ham.   Going forward, that is as poor as we have been for a while.  Our terrible defence, not all of whom are defenders, have suddenly kept two clean sheets.  I don't really get this game.

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Sums it up really! Kasper MOTM by miles in this one.

I know he made some saves, but aside from the Raphinia one which was more a miss than a save, I'm not sure he did much more than I'd expect from any keeper. KDH would be my MOTM again. Was another Ngolo esque performance, snuffing out attacks and driving us forwards. I love Youri but KDH is putthing him to shame at the minute.

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Well had to work for that against a tricky Leeds team who were looking to impress the new manager. Job done 

....if only they could finish!!!

We are on a run of games that has proven not to be a test in any way. We do not have to be great to pull ourselves up the league, grinding out against teams like these will do it.

Edited by sacreblueits442

2 minutes ago, peterborofox said:

Shittest win ever, sort of game last season we didn't win enough

If Leeds had a competent attack in front of goal we'd have lost.

Don't wish to sound too negative after a win, but after a hard fought win midweek I did expect more. Massive positive is another clean sheet though.

Soyuncu had a much better game, Thomas and KDH also the better performers

You are being negative  a win is a win, spirited performance, can't complain at that ,but some fans on here will .

• Like 3

Kasper immense. Other than that scrappy everywhere.

Thought it was stupid to keep Tyler Roberts on. It really affected the last 10 minutes as it felt to me many players around him weren't going in 100%.

I love Lookman. Ball sticks to his feet. Just need to teach him how to shoot.

3 minutes ago, sishades said:

Tielemans is world class...he just cannot be bothered at the moment, or hes hiding an injury.

his recent games (to me) show that he is not world class, he is just a joy to watch when hes sailing on the calm, but he does not turn matches

• Like 1

My thoughts:

Youri looks physically drained

We are a better side when Madders plays

Kel always gives us something 

Kasper superb

KDH and Barnes are the future 

What a servant Marc’s been

Clean sheet !!

Cags playing well and Dan does a job 

Great to see Mendy on the pitch

How the fook did we win that? 😂