Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds (H) Post-Match Thread

Just now, jamesp26 said:

Kasper immense. Other than that scrappy everywhere.

Thought it was stupid to keep Tyler Roberts on. It really affected the last 10 minutes as it felt to me many players around him weren't going in 100%.

I love Lookman. Ball sticks to his feet. Just need to teach him how to shoot.

really really poor decision by the club, most likely did more damage, also interferred with their own game. Just stupid and dangerous IMO

Brentford, Palace, Villa, Everton, Southampton left at home with winnable games against Newcastle, Spurs, Man Utd, Watford and a tough one v Arsenal.

None of City, Liverpool Chelsea, Wolves or West Ham in the top 6 to play

If we can get fofana, Justin, Ricardo, castagne back in the squad and Evans at some point then we could finish the season like a train....

Win 50% of our final 13 and we will be top 8  go on a silly run of 6 or 7 on the trot and who knows.

Just now, Bozman said:

He's not world class, has never been world class, and will never be world class , he's far too slow and gets caught napping to often , awful today.

He’s a world class passer of the ball, his vision and pass accuracy is off the chart but his mobility lets him down badly. So I agree - overall he’s not world class. Looked like he was carrying a fridge today!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jamesp26 said:

Kasper immense. Other than that scrappy everywhere.

Thought it was stupid to keep Tyler Roberts on. It really affected the last 10 minutes as it felt to me many players around him weren't going in 100%.

I love Lookman. Ball sticks to his feet. Just need to teach him how to shoot.

He got into a few good positions including twice for tap ins but no one passes to him.

1 minute ago, Kevin Russell said:

He’s a world class passer of the ball, his vision and pass accuracy is off the chart but his mobility lets him down badly. So I agree - overall he’s not world class. Looked like he was carrying a fridge today!

He absolutely is not a world class passer of the ball.

Saying he's a world class passer of the ball puts him in the same bracket as De Bruyne where he is obviously not close to being at that level.

He's a very good player, but Leicester fans really need to stop this "world class" nonsense with Tielemans, he is nowhere near the level of De Bruyne, Salah, Mbappe or other genuine world class players.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

My thoughts:

Youri looks physically drained

We are a better side when Madders plays

Kel always gives us something 

Kasper superb

KDH and Barnes are the future 

What a servant Marc’s been

Clean sheet !!

Cags playing well and Dan does a job 

Great to see Mendy on the pitch

How the fook did we win that? 😂

Don’t care. We lost or drew so many games when we should have won. We are still trying to catch up in that department.

Some might have argued we were lucky to win today but then again, I think Wolves were lucky to win last week. That’s football.

the team that deserves to win is the team that gets the ball in the back of the net the most, surely?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Individual quality trumps team performance, as it sometimes does.  Barnes was excellent and if anyone deserved a goal for us it was certainly him.

Marsch is a very good manager and that was a very spirited performance - Leeds will be fine under him.

.....couldn't believe he did not bring on Bamford!!!

They fell short around the box with decisions and execution, they needed a calm and awareness around that area, he was either not capable to come on or Marsch got it wrong. Would like him to come here, squad depth needs players like him.

So nice to see a 1-0 win!  Scrappy game but we win because we keep a clean sheet, not because we have to score 3 or 4. 

Kasper take a bow, kdh great and Barnes goal well taken. Subs helped, argument to say they should have started tho. 

Can actually watch match of the day tonight ! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

Loving the Barnes & Iheanacho combination. If Barnes had been fit during Kel’s purple patch second half of last season they would have been unstoppable. 

Yeah. And if they can connect well with Lookman, the three of them would be awesome.  A few times this game I thought Barnes could have squared it to Lookman on the other side for easy tap ins but Barnes didn’t and Lookman looked dejected.

Edited by Tom12345