Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds (H) Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, majaco said:

We were fortunate.  We were unfortunate against Wolves and West Ham.   Going forward, that is as poor as we have been for a while.  Our terrible defence, not all of whom are defenders, have suddenly kept two clean sheets.  I don't really get this game.

I didn't see the Burnley game other than the goals, but it strikes me with the team line up there, subs made to win that game, an how we approached this game that more of an emphasis has been placed on defending, I always believe will find a goal from somewhere especially against bottom half teams, this approach may well be the same for the next 4 games until the international break, at which point we should hopefully have Fofana and one of Justin/ ricky fit. you've seen today with the way Leeds set up they looked more solid, but then offered less of a threat. I will take 4 more 1-0's, it's a results business.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He absolutely is not a world class passer of the ball.

Saying he's a world class passer of the ball puts him in the same bracket as De Bruyne where he is obviously not close to being at that level.

He's a very good player, but Leicester fans really need to stop this "world class" nonsense with Tielemans, he is nowhere near the level of De Bruyne, Salah, Mbappe or other genuine world class players.

Completely disagree - his passing is superb, one of the best long range passers of the ball I’ve seen.

• Haha 1

Happy with that. Clean sheet and three points. 

schmeichel kept us in it. Cags back on form. Barnes looked a handful all game and great finish. Vardy looked dangerous. Albrighton wasn’t at his best but gave everything to the last minute. Same for big Dan. Superb effort. Thomas again played well as did the subs. Onwards we go. 👍🏻

One major question why was Keith Vaz in the directors box !!!!! .Disgraceful by the club .

Back to the footy how did it take BR until 60 mins to work out we were much better with Marc at RB and to take off Choudrey who didnt do a lot wrong but didnt do much positive either.We were much better after the change Lookman is almost decent but never quite looks on it .Good win

3 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Completely disagree - his passing is superb, one of the best long range passers of the ball I’ve seen.

Mate, come on, don't be silly. His passing is clearly not at the same level as the likes of De Bruyne who in his primes used to get about 20 assists a season or even a player like Bruno Fernandes who is known to be a percentages player.

He's absolutely nowhere near being one of the best long range passers in the world right now, let alone in the history of the game or whatever.

Edited by Sampson

11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....couldn't believe he did not bring on Bamford!!!

They fell short around the box with decisions and execution, they needed a calm and awareness around that area, he was either not capable to come on or Marsch got it wrong. Would like him to come here, squad depth needs players like him.

No way Bamford was fit.  He was in the reserves for show. 

29 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

We’ve also just won a Premier League game with players from Syston, Shepshed, Loughborough amd Countersthorpe in the starting XI - we all love to see it!

I really wanted KDH to be from Shepshed, but he was actually born in Nottingham!

16 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah. And if they can connect well with Lookman, the three of them would be awesome.  A few times this game I thought Barnes could have squared it to Lookman on the other side for easy tap ins but Barnes didn’t and Lookman looked dejected.

Yeah Iheanacho definitely gives us something different with his back to goal and the wingers bouncing off him. Barnes has and always will be selfish though, thankfully his goals are returning

Barnes was brought up in Countesthorpe. His dad is a former player who had a different club each year. So he was born in Burnley, preschool in Doncaster and when His dad Retired at Hinckley, they settled in Countesthorpe.

KDH was born Nottingham, but lived his entire life in Shepshed

So all 4 are Leicester lads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2