Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lnkstern

Leeds (H) Post-Match Thread

34 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Nacho, Lookman, Barnes is now our best working combo of attackers. 

Amartey and Soy are our best defensive pairing with Albrighton ironically being our best RB currently fit. 

Think Kevin's performance today was outstanding, never stops, gives us everything. Put in some excellent crosses and held the ball well to bring it forward. No coincidence that we've looked more stable and picking up points since he came back into the team.

What lol 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Thought we looked better with Mendy in the pitch. Some nice touches and he took us forward. 

.....not sure if it was being with Senegal for an extended period or Rodgers has had an influence, as he normally looks to play backwards!!!

I always thought he has the potential to be a forward looking player, and could pick up the ball and drive us forward. Never understood why he was so reluctant to get to the halfway line.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Very happy with today's result - an ugly win - something we've really struggled to do all season. We had to soak up a lot of pressure and the new manager bounce saw Leeds much more organised already. Soyuncu and Amartey did the basics well, made some big blocks kept Leeds at bay. Schmeichel MotM, some massive saves today. Rodgers got his subs right too, as we looked much better balanced after the double change, rested Vardy for Rennes, and Mendy helped managed the game out. We took our chance and ground it out. Big 3 points on the board - job done.

Agreed. We got the rub of the green today and we deserved that for sure. Just what we needed a hard fought win. 

• Like 2

I thought the whole  B.line played Damn well...the midfield couldnt Stop the flow...KDH  was everywhere trying to fill all the holes in the Bucket no Blame on him

Ndidi worries me, even After Coming back from injury & having decent game Time behind him, he stlll plays though he is Carrying something...

2 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Agreed. We got the rub of the green today and we deserved that for sure. Just what we needed a hard fought win. 

Absolutely. Backs to the wall today and pulled through. After the late disappointments at Liverpool in the cup and West Ham, and the meltdown against Spurs, seeing that out will be a big boost for the squad. A convincing win at Burnley where we created a bucket load of chances, and an ugly win today has shown we have the fight and character in the squad and Rodgers can adapt to different circumstances to manage the game out. Onwards and upwards.

Just as the Wolves result didn't reflect the game the same has happened today, this time in our favour, that funny old game of ours. The history books will show the results and not the stories behind them, it evens out although I suppose we'd rather deny Wolves three points than Leeds if we're looking upwards as we should be.

The game looked too quick for Youri, I found myself suggesting replacing him with Perez....yes it really was that lacklustre from him. Really starting to think if he goes give K D-H the no.8 shirt, sell Perez too and invest all of the income on a right winger. 

Pint or three for Kasper :beer::beer::beer::schmike: from the fazzyfox pint allocation system, could have been two or three nil down first half and some great blocks from Amartey today.

Albrightons effort off the scale yet again despite a few stray passes, in all a bitty, scrappy hard to watch game for once getting some fortune and coming out with more than we deserved from it.

59 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Christ... that was awful.

We won, 2 clean sheets on the trot, but my god, that was pianful, boring viewing again. Passing was awful except for the odd bit here and there. 

We really need a proper refresh in the summer to spark some life back into us

Not one for singing when your winning then?:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

Leeds are so much better than Burnley. They don’t deserve to go down. Hope they stay up.

How? Gung-ho football might be pleasing on the eye, it isn’t pleasing on the league table. 

Burnley are a professional, well drilled, effective side… that’s why they’ve survived (that’s their aim every season) for so many years. Much of that is down to Dyche.