Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

12 hours ago, MPH said:

I mean, I’m sure we knew it already, but here is proof of Putin’s body doubles he’s using… as if he’d really go to Mariupol himself lol

F3F29272-27B2-44B3-B27E-DF20E089EAC3.jpeg

Maybe hes just getting fat and old, I ate a creme egg a day for a month and it had the same effect.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Yes, but which one's the body double?

Id start by  saying the one that’s travelled to a City they have occupied and is basically one  big bomb site is probably not him. ..  and the likelihood is that the one photographed in Moscow probably IS him. 

19 hours ago, MPH said:

I mean, I’m sure we knew it already, but here is proof of Putin’s body doubles he’s using… as if he’d really go to Mariupol himself lol

F3F29272-27B2-44B3-B27E-DF20E089EAC3.jpeg

Expendable sniper target. 

Pic 1, I mean.

What knobhead told the Russians we’re gonna start supplying depleted uranium warheads? Why can’t our government just keeps Thor gobs shut.  And before anyone says anything, I know its a super dense material that pierces tank armour and is not a nuclear weapon, but even so, mention the word uranium and it becomes a tad dodgy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

What knobhead told the Russians we’re gonna start supplying depleted uranium warheads? Why can’t our government just keeps Thor gobs shut.  And before anyone says anything, I know its a super dense material that pierces tank armour and is not a nuclear weapon, but even so, mention the word uranium and it becomes a tad dodgy.

Whilst I agree with everything we’re doing in Ukraine and the support must be continued and even intensified, the way the government parades this help around is quite shameful. Not only is it dangerous as propaganda, but it stinks as a denominating excuse for issues in this country, where there is no causation between the two. However, thankfully Sunak is less ridiculous with it all, as I am convinced that Johnson thought he was Churchill at times.

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Whilst I agree with everything we’re doing in Ukraine and the support must be continued and even intensified, the way the government parades this help around is quite shameful. Not only is it dangerous as propaganda, but it stinks as a denominating excuse for issues in this country, where there is no causation between the two. However, thankfully Sunak is less ridiculous with it all, as I am convinced that Johnson thought he was Churchill at times.

Personally i think releasing information like this is into the public domain is not in the interests of the nation and it's certainly in Russias interests for us to broadcast what weapons we're supplying Ukraine. This is no more than political point scoring to a public that probably don't give a shit about Ukraine being supplied with depleted uranium tipped projectiles. There is a war between Russia and Ukraine and that's their business, so if Russia wanted to cut off the supply of weapons to Ukraine, they're perfectly entitled to do so and consequently it becomes our business and from what i'm seeing in the media, we're getting sucked into this and being touted as one of the main antagonist. 

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Personally i think releasing information like this is into the public domain is not in the interests of the nation and it's certainly in Russias interests for us to broadcast what weapons we're supplying Ukraine. This is no more than political point scoring to a public that probably don't give a shit about Ukraine being supplied with depleted uranium tipped projectiles. There is a war between Russia and Ukraine and that's their business, so if Russia wanted to cut off the supply of weapons to Ukraine, they're perfectly entitled to do so and consequently it becomes our business and from what i'm seeing in the media, we're getting sucked into this and being touted as one of the main antagonist. 

It's necessary to show the world what support is being offered to encourage others to follow suit. 

That being said, supplying arms with uranium in the title is fairly daft as it gives Russia an excuse to ramp up the rhetoric.

• Thanks 1

Has to be announced, just like (almost, I assume) everything else has been announced.

Russia cannot use this information from a tactical standpoint - i.e. knowing that Ukrainian forces have these cannot stop Russian units from being hit by them, other than by keeping their distance (which is a good thing).

On the flip side, it’s good for Ukrainian morale and bad for Russian morale. Also good things.

Yes, Putin will have a whine but as said up-thread, he’d find out shortly after one of his tanks gets decimated by a depleted uranium warhead anyway. 

Edited by Blarmy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Countryfox said:

The uranium tips allow the round to pierce armour ..  and the Russians are claiming that if a fine particle of this is inhaled afterwards it might be dangerous ..  the fookin thing is designed to kill people in the first place ffs ! ..  and it’s hardly a step closer to nuclear Armageddon.  And the best bit is the Russians are almost certainly using it too ! 
The rubbish they come out with is staggering ..  

It is staggering, especially when you consider Russia have used Novichok and Polonium on UK territory.

29 minutes ago, Salisbury Fox said:

It is staggering, especially when you consider Russia have used Novichok and Polonium on UK territory.

Quite right ..  and been more or less conclusively linked to cluster,  thermobaric, and chemical weapons ..  

Im sure Putin must laugh his socks off when they come up with these sort of comments ..  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Blarmy said:

Has to be announced, just like (almost, I assume) everything else has been announced.

Russia cannot use this information from a tactical standpoint - i.e. knowing that Ukrainian forces have these cannot stop Russian units from being hit by them, other than by keeping their distance (which is a good thing).

On the flip side, it’s good for Ukrainian morale and bad for Russian morale. Also good things.

Yes, Putin will have a whine but as said up-thread, he’d find out shortly after one of his tanks gets decimated by a depleted uranium warhead anyway. 

The thing is, Russia are looking for any excuse to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, until now they have been prohibited because of the world outcry, including China, that it would cause. They don’t except it as a war and still claim it to be an operation to remove neo Nazis from Ukraine and to protect themselves from Nato being on their borders, so they are playing the victim not the aggressor, and I can imagine that in Putins eyes, the use of nuclear weapons would be fully justified if Ukraine were to use any weapon that contained any sort nuclear material in it even if they’ve probably been using the same material in their weapons. 

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The thing is, Russia are looking for any excuse to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, until now they have been prohibited because of the world outcry, including China, that it would cause. They don’t except it as a war and still claim it to be an operation to remove neo Nazis from Ukraine and to protect themselves from Nato being on their borders, so they are playing the victim not the aggressor, and I can imagine that in Putins eyes, the use of nuclear weapons would be fully justified if Ukraine were to use any weapon that contained any sort nuclear material in it even if they’ve probably been using the same material in their weapons. 

This is just not true. It's been said a million times tactical nuclear weapons (what are they?) will make no difference on the battlefield and dropping strategic nukes on cities is a non-starter due to the consequences and massive inhumanity of it. Even the barbaric missile onslaughts they do on power plants has hardly led to significant civilian loss. Putin still talks about Ukranians as "Russian brothers" so I don't think nuking them is in his plans somehow. Only way he'll truly consider nukes is if there's a full on Ukranian assault on Crimea, or if there's a full on Ukranian move into mainland Russia.

They know full well that this is not actual uranium in a nuclear weapon sense, but it's a good sell to the Russian public to increase public support for the war. 

12 hours ago, kenny said:

It's necessary to show the world what support is being offered to encourage others to follow suit. 

That being said, supplying arms with uranium in the title is fairly daft as it gives Russia an excuse to ramp up the rhetoric.

let’s be honest, Russia are just looking for an excuse to ramp up rhetoric. Even the whole ‘ special military operation’  was  so that they could ‘ liberate Ukraine from Nazi-ism’

They’ll do what they want anyway and will use any excuse that suits them.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

let’s be honest, Russia are just looking for an excuse to ramp up rhetoric. Even the whole ‘ special military operation’  was  so that they could ‘ liberate Ukraine from Nazi-ism’

They’ll do what they want anyway and will use any excuse that suits them.

But are we playing into his hands with this one? Honest question. 

21 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Honest answer ..  No.  As said they will do whatever they want regardless of anything we do. It really is that simple. 

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

No. He knows this isn’t a nuclear weapon. It’s just a very strong shell that is going to annihilate his tanks. Anytime they get a strong  weapon/missile it makes them ‘competitive’ and he objects.