Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Russia banished hundreds of thousands  of Crimean Tartas  loyal to their Ukranian identity from Crimea in the 1940s  under the guise of them being German sympathizers. Russia have been actively relocating Russian citizens into Crimea in the last 20 years https://jamestown.org/program/demographic-transformation-of-crimea-forced-migration-as-part-of-russias-hybrid-strategy/  As well as handing out Russian passports to anyone seeking financial gain and thus low and behold there’s a swell of ‘ Russian sympathy’ in the area.  

Anything other than Full Ukranian Sovereignty in the area is unacceptable.

The Americans will sack off Crimea for full strategic stability, Blinken has already admitted it. 

1 minute ago, Lionator said:

The Americans will sack off Crimea for full strategic stability, Blinken has already admitted it. 

but it should never be up to the Americans to decide a country’s sovereign boundary just because it’s helped them. And The Ukrainians have made it very clear their land is not up for negotiation 

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

but it should never be up to the Americans to decide a country’s sovereign boundary just because it’s helped them. And The Ukrainians have made it very clear their land is not up for negotiation 

... then, as per above, they will have to get it back the hard way, which won't be easy in terms of time and cost.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

It would give them an out though, they must be starting to realise they are just sending more and more men to die. They can then complain and moan about the UN and play the victim.

That would depend on how much they want things to end and how they feel they can defend Crimea, I reckon. Perhaps we'll see more war weariness down the line that will make it a possibility.

Well now…

Prigozhin is an interesting character to say the least. Thought he was nationalist but seems everything is just driven by self-gain. The US could do a lot worse than getting him to flip. Maybe he already has. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Well now…

Prigozhin is an interesting character to say the least. Thought he was nationalist but seems everything is just driven by self-gain. The US could do a lot worse than getting him to flip. Maybe he already has. 

Hes going to have a careless accident when he goes home... 

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

Well now…

Interesting one ..  so he’d have Bakhmut (big Kudos) and some troops would pay the penalty ..  Putin would love that ..  as it stands now they haven’t got Bakhmut and have lost many many more troops.  Quite rightly it was dismissed out of turn by Ukraine.  Not as daft as it sounds. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

Not fully related but isn’t it funny how quickly the Middle East has stabilised since the Americans lost their unmitigated influence there. 

I wouldn’t say Afghanistan has stabilized…

Now the F16’s are on order I’d say Ukraine now has all the tools it needs and can realistically obtain. Those combined with the Storm Shadow cruise missiles will be formidable and game changing. Things have come a long way since we handed over the hand held anti tank NLAWS. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

im sure there is some Ukrainian interpretation of events involved in this post but it DOES seem fairly significant…

Very significant I’d say ..  massive crack in the China/Russia love fest ..  that is great news. 

Bakmut or well ruins of has apparently fallen. The rapists now face further lines of defence radiating outwards. They’ve ‘liberated’ bakmut after 9 months. Nothing stands. Great piece keeping there. Mind you a feel a localised counter attack in the air. **** Russia

• Like 1

4 hours ago, casablancas said:

Bakmut or well ruins of has apparently fallen. The rapists now face further lines of defence radiating outwards. They’ve ‘liberated’ bakmut after 9 months. Nothing stands. Great piece keeping there. Mind you a feel a localised counter attack in the air. **** Russia

You’re right ..  it’s a fvckin joke ..  f*** Russia !! 

4 hours ago, casablancas said:

it seems that Bahkmut is not yet fully under Russian control. It may well be that Prigozhin released this statement to detract away  from all the attention Zelensky has been getting on his word tour and in part to try and humiliate him in the process..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MPH said:

it seems that Bahkmut is not yet fully under Russian control. It may well be that Prigozhin released this statement to detract away  from all the attention Zelensky has been getting on his word tour and in part to try and humiliate him in the process..

It's fully under Russian control. 9 years of NATO/ Uke fortifications and heavy trench building wiped away by the Russians in just 9 months. If so insignificant one wonders why the Ukrainians defended it so resolutely. Amazing what an army equiped only with spades due to lack of ammunition and WW1 style tactics can achieve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, somebum said:

It's fully under Russian control. 9 years of NATO/ Uke fortifications and heavy trench building wiped away by the Russians in just 9 months. If so insignificant one wonders why the Ukrainians defended it so resolutely. Amazing what an army equiped only with spades due to lack of ammunition and WW1 style tactics can achieve.

If the Art of War is that easy, you'd wonder why the Russians haven't taken the whole country long before now, what with reasonable superiority in both numbers and firepower (at the start, anyway).

54 minutes ago, somebum said:

Not fully…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, somebum said:

It’s apparently not under their control, and the reason the Ukrainians held position (and are still doing) is because the Russians were throwing wave after wave of their troops (Wagner or otherwise) at them to gain a victory for Putin, and, although it doesn’t sound very pleasant, they killed them in waves too.  An opportunity they couldn’t resist. It hasn’t been named the meat grinder for nothing. 

• Like 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

It’s apparently not under their control, and the reason the Ukrainians held position (and are still doing) is because the Russians were throwing wave after wave of their troops (Wagner or otherwise) at them to gain a victory for Putin, and, although it doesn’t sound very pleasant, they killed them in waves too.  An opportunity they couldn’t resist. It hasn’t been named the meat grinder for nothing. 

Correct. Russia has lost a combined 100k troops in and around Bahkmut  as well as uncountable amounts of ammo

and artillery rounds and rockets. Even if the Ukrainians plan was to never  retain the area in the short term, it’s been a fantastic waste of Russian resources..

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed with this war is it's given a lot of random people an opportunity to carve a living out of providing constant commentary on the conflict and I'm not sure if that's really healthy. I feel myself pulled towards feeling smug about being more correct or reasonable in my reading of certain events but is that really the point? 

I've learned a bit about how modern war plays out, what is considered good practice in conducting military operations. The whole conflict feels like a massive social experiment with the involvement on both sides in social media. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

One thing I've noticed with this war is it's given a lot of random people an opportunity to carve a living out of providing constant commentary on the conflict and I'm not sure if that's really healthy. I feel myself pulled towards feeling smug about being more correct or reasonable in my reading of certain events but is that really the point? 

I've learned a bit about how modern war plays out, what is considered good practice in conducting military operations. The whole conflict feels like a massive social experiment with the involvement on both sides in social media. 

I think that rabble rousing a whole population using mass media to get them behind a war and dehumanise the "other" is not really a new thing, though; social media is just the latest (though most far reaching) iteration of media used for the purpose.

• Like 1