Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Nature on the Ukrainian side? 
things seem to be going well this far and it’s far from the main offensive. This is just probing in force. 

I really hope so. I hope people give them the time to see the operation through as they're going to take some heavy huts going against a fortified defence. The Russia media loons claiming the offensive has fallen flat after barely a week being case in point. Fortunately the people that matter know this is a month's long assault. 

Side note but I have genuinely convinced myself the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station is going to be blown up in the not to distant. Consequences of that, physically and politically, will be impossible to predict. Thank goodness they've been in shutdown for a period to let the real nasty stuff decay away somewhat (it'd still be horrific). 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zear0 said:

I really hope so. I hope people give them the time to see the operation through as they're going to take some heavy huts going against a fortified defence. The Russia media loons claiming the offensive has fallen flat after barely a week being case in point. Fortunately the people that matter know this is a month's long assault. 

Side note but I have genuinely convinced myself the Zaporizhzhia Nuclear Power Station is going to be blown up in the not to distant. Consequences of that, physically and politically, will be impossible to predict. Thank goodness they've been in shutdown for a period to let the real nasty stuff decay away somewhat (it'd still be horrific). 

Yeah. They’ve already claimed to have mined it. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them boom it. But I think the West goes in then. Or the sharks. 

9 hours ago, casablancas said:

Yeah. They’ve already claimed to have mined it. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them boom it. But I think the West goes in then. Or the sharks. 

I don't believe the West is not going to go in, no matter how messy it gets.

• Like 1

On 11/05/2023 at 20:25, Leicesterpool said:

Amazon ;) 

Bloody Amazon.....Ive just had a box of Nukes delivered to me... didnt order them... any idea?

Cant decide whether to send back or keep them and use them myself:ph34r:

• Haha 1

I read a thread from the beginning of the war which said it would be basically impossible to actually blow up the power plant. The actual nuclear rods are encased to the point where they could withstand a jumbo jet crashing into them.

Edited by Lionator

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don't believe the West is not going to go in, no matter how messy it gets.

The West aren't going into Ukraine and Ukraine is not existential for the West. Plus, if Russia did the unthinkable (judging by Putin's comments yesterday this is off the table), then the Western action would be to ensure that China destroys the Russian economy which I think Xi would do if the nuclear threshold is broken. 

NATO only gets involved if a NATO country gets invaded, as it's a defensive alliance. And that's not happening anytime soon. 

48 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I read a thread from the beginning of the war which said it would be basically impossible to actually blow up the power plant. The actual nuclear rods are encased to the point where they could withstand a jumbo jet crashing into them.

Yeah, they are hardened against pretty much every eventuality. Of course, unless you shut the thing down it is going to need constant maintenance and cooling which could result in problems if it were not maintained, though.

On 07/06/2023 at 20:02, Countryfox said:

Wow ..  I can’t believe anyone here thinks this wasn’t an obvious decision by the Ruskies to stop the Ukrainian counteroffensive in that area. 

It's in their DNA.

September 14, 1812 - they torched Moscow just to prevent Bonaparte being able to enjoy taking it.

Putin will shit on his own birthday cake just to stop anyone else having a slice.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65932700

Russia has already stationed a first batch of tactical nuclear weapons in Belarus, Vladimir Putin says.

...The US government says there is no indication the Kremlin plans to use nuclear weapons to attack Ukraine.

"We don't see any indications that Russia is preparing to use a nuclear weapon," US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said after Mr Putin's comments.

.....Answering questions after a speech at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum, Russia's president said the move was about "containment" and to remind anyone "thinking of inflicting a strategic defeat on us".

When asked by the forum's moderator about the possibility of using those weapons, he replied: "Why should we threaten the whole world? I have already said that the use of extreme measures is possible in case there is a danger to Russian statehood."

Hmmm.

• Haha 1

Putin, at the recent summit, claims Russia had a signed peace plan with the top brass of Ukraine to withdraw from Kyiv in the early stages of the war  (which he claimed Ukraine then disregarded after a Russian withdrawal)
That leaves two options:

Either he is:

a) a complete idiot that believed Ukraine would step down after their barbaric invasion and this peace deal 

or 

b) a complete liar that was embarrassed by their display trying to overthrow Kyiv and is now backtracking

Nice move idiot 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Putin, at the recent summit, claims Russia had a signed peace plan with the top brass of Ukraine to withdraw from Kyiv in the early stages of the war  (which he claimed Ukraine then disregarded after a Russian withdrawal)
That leaves two options:

Either he is:

a) a complete idiot that believed Ukraine would step down after their barbaric invasion and this peace deal 

or 

b) a complete liar that was embarrassed by their display trying to overthrow Kyiv and is now backtracking

Nice move idiot 

it makes no sense if it was a genuine peace deal that he’s only just decided to  bring it to the table now. Why had he waited until now to mention it?.

what I THINK it might be that it was a tentative agreement with negotiators that was then taken back to Ukrainian leaders which was then rejected.

OR he’s completely made it up.

Hea also completely embarrassed the African leaders who came to visit , he wouldn’t even let them finish their opening remarks before he interrupted them and went on his tirade..

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, MPH said:

it makes no sense if it was a genuine peace deal that he’s only just decided to  bring it to the table now. Why had he waited until now to mention it?.

what I THINK it might be that it was a tentative agreement with negotiators that was then taken back to Ukrainian leaders which was then rejected.

Hea also completely embarrassed the African leaders who came to visit , he wouldn’t even let them finish their opening remarks before he interrupted them and when on his tirade..

Good points. It seems like a lose lose to me, obviously he’s trying to paint Russia as those seeking peace to instil the belief that Ukraine and the west are the aggressors, but even a 12 year old could fathom that this is a poorly implemented argument. Really does feel like a grasping at straws moment for Putin. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MPH said:

Hea also completely embarrassed the African leaders who came to visit , he wouldn’t even let them finish their opening remarks before he interrupted them and went on his tirade..

Or he agreed this with "Ukrainian officials" i.e. the puppets and Russian sympathisers that will still be floating around the government with an over inflated sense of importance and influence.

It will be interesting to see what actually happened when all this is over. Was it a Ukrainian tactic to sucker in large swathes of Russian troops and vehicles thinking they could take Kyiv then cut them off from the supply routes and decimate them then launch a counter attack. Or did they just get lucky.

Edited by Captain...

20 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

@lcfceed why you think torture and posts here are funny?

Screenshot_2023-06-19-07-17-43-384-edit_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.dc991ca8dfa55798d43ea447b4249783.jpg

hes got no answer to the cold hard facts about the war so thinks he’s showing some kind of intellectual superiority by laughing but really, as I said, has no answer to defend his position .

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, MPH said:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russia-says-ukraine-presented-unacceptable-draft-peace-deal-2022-04-07/

I believe this is the peace deal that Russia is trying to put a spin on and claim they had agreed with the Ukraine. This article is from April 2022

I read that the document putin held up is dated 12th of April 2022, which would be almost two weeks after Russian MoD annouced (29th March 2022) they would be withdrawing from Kiev to focus of Donbas. The document Putin is holding up is a statement of each sides position at the end of negotiations that took place in Turkey,  on the key areas under negotiation, some which they close to agreement and some where parties were some way apart (Lavroz statement April 7th suggests they were still some way apart). Putin has a tendancy to lie  - the 100,000+ troops building up on the Russian/Ukraine border in early 2022 were there for training exercises and had no intention of enterting Ukraine remember!

21 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Where do we go if this counter offensive doesn’t make any significant gains? 

Maybe to the negotiating table, where Ukraine offer full recognition of Russia’s gains in exchange for an end to the war and NATO membership for what remains of the rest of Ukraine.

That feels like the endpoint; the question is when, and how much land Ukraine will have to cede.

Although I suspect Putin will fancy seeing another US election before he decides genuinely to take to the negotiating table. See whether he can get a coward like Trump in who flees in the face of conflict. Putin’s waiting right now for something to change in his favour. It’s his MO.

• Sad 1