Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

7 hours ago, Lionator said:

PsyOps is wild at the minute, I genuinely don’t believe anything from either side at the moment. 

it doesn’t take propaganda or personal belief to see who the invaders are and  who’s land is being pummeled with rockets. 

as far as I’m concerned, if someone invaded Britain, all bets are off and we  would have a license to repel the invaders in any way we seem fit.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

it doesn’t take propaganda or personal belief to see who the invaders are and  who’s land is being pummeled with rockets. 

as far as I’m concerned, if someone invaded Britain, all bets are off and we  would have a license to repel the invaders in any way we seem fit.

Yes fair enough it is their land and they have the right to act how they like, but psyops is still a thing to gain extra support right?

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yes fair enough it is their land and they have the right to act how they like, but psyops is still a thing to gain extra support right?

yes it is but I guess I’m saying psyops takes on a whole more sinister connotation when you are the invaders and you are on someone else’s land, as opposed to someone trying to defend themselves and garner the help to do so…

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lionator said:

Do you think they’ll blow the nuclear plant? I’m pretty scared tbh. 

I don't think so - why do that to an area of land you're looking to control and use? It's practically costly and strategically unsound, and while the Russians in this case are many things, strategically dumb to that degree is not one of them IMO.

Of course, accidents can happen though.

2 hours ago, MPH said:

yes it is but I guess I’m saying psyops takes on a whole more sinister connotation when you are the invaders and you are on someone else’s land, as opposed to someone trying to defend themselves and garner the help to do so…

Lies are lies even when delivered out of moral necessity for a greater good. Just like doing other bad things so that maybe some overall good will come of them.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

I don't think so - why do that to an area of land you're looking to control and use? It's practically costly and strategically unsound, and while the Russians in this case are many things, strategically dumb to that degree is not one of them IMO.

Of course, accidents can happen though.

Lies are lies even when delivered out of moral necessity for a greater good. Just like doing other bad things so that maybe some overall good will come of them.

I think we are pretty much saying the same thing 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Have wondered if Prigozhin is plotting a coup...I'd say "here's hoping", but not sure I like the thought of his finger on the button either.

he’s often shared about having his own political ambitions 

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

While this sounds alarming, I think it might be a good idea to wait until it's independently corroborated before taking it as truth.

IAEA already said that there aren’t any new mines in dangerous areas. 

1 hour ago, Guesty said:

I know this guy just goes off like this. But now he says he's going to Moscow to restore justice and he'll kill anyone who tries to stop his units.

Being investigated by the FSB for "armed mutiny" now.

Thriller-popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Have wondered if Prigozhin is plotting a coup...I'd say "here's hoping", but not sure I like the thought of his finger on the button either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66005256

The last couple of paragraphs of this are fascinating.

Earlier on Friday, he [Prigozhin] said the war in Ukraine had been started "so that Shoigu could become a Marshal".

"The Ministry of Defence is trying to deceive the public, deceive the president and tell a story that there was some crazy aggression by Ukraine, that - together with the whole Nato bloc - Ukraine was planning to attack us," he said.

- Offering Putin a way out by blaming his subordinates for providing him false information. Not that there’s a word of truth in it but this is about narrative rather than truth.

- What do you make of the last paragraph if you’re Ukraine or the West?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Are we cheering for Prighozin or Putin? 

I feel there is (slightly) more chance of a ceasefire and then a peace deal, if Prighozin were to take charge. The danger is that if the conflict continues he'd be a more difficult opponent. 

And of course his chances of taking power are slim - maybe that will change as the coming hours progress, but atm I can't see it.