Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

To summarise, Russia is being invaded by the mercenaries they hired to invade Ukraine after seeing the russian forces do not very well (in their opinion) and are totally shocked? 

I've been out of the loop of global events for a while (although even I heard about the submarine) until about 10 minutes ago 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

12 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

To summarise, Russia is being invaded by the mercenaries they hired to invade Ukraine after seeing the russian forces do not very well (in their opinion) and are totally shocked? 

I've been out of the loop of global events for a while (although even I heard about the submarine) until about 10 minutes ago 

What submarine? 

I might be looking at this simplistically, but let's hope to god that these two idiots take each other out.

It ends the war in Ukraine, a real democracy is installed in Russia and it eases the financial problems that everyone is going through.

6 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Havn't you been listening to Yev?  It's definitely not a coup...

I've no idea who 'Yev' is. I'm extrapolating what the likelihood of a decision to challenge the Kremlin clique could result in.

Prigozhin has destabilised the Russian front and seized Rostov-na-Donu and is already halfway to Moscow with units already at Voronezh. Do you believe that, even if Putin sacks Shoigu, he will accept what he's termed as treachery? Prigoshin has crossed the Rubicon. No point in going back - front's destabilising like a line of dominoes. I think he's seized the chance to withdraw from a hopeless position and be the prime mover in regime change. If he doesn't move quickly then the supplies will dwindle and, as poor as they are, the army reserve will overwhelm them eventually.

This is the outcome the evidence, as I see it, suggests. What's your own take on this.

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

It's getting complicated now:-

Ukraine + NATO weapons  v.  Russia + Chechens + Wagner

and Wagner  v.  Russia + Chechens

Turkey seems to be siding with Russia despite being in NATO, having agreed to let Finland join the organisation last year.

Putin really didn't think through all the ramifications of his ridiculous 'special operation' in Ukraine, did he?

If Putin survives this, I suspect there’ll be a serious diplomatic push from the west to end the war in Ukraine. Leave the Donbas completely, negotiate Crimea/NATO membership at a later date, drop sanctions/Hague. Ultimately we should much rather want Putin in power (predictable) than a nutter. Also Medvedev is so utterly pathetic. 

15 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I might be looking at this simplistically, but let's hope to god that these two idiots take each other out.

It ends the war in Ukraine, a real democracy is installed in Russia and it eases the financial problems that everyone is going through.

Another maniac will become president of Russia and ending the war won’t make our incompetent leadership disappear or reverse brexit, so we’re still f4cked financially 

16 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I've no idea who 'Yev' is. I'm extrapolating what the likelihood of a decision to challenge the Kremlin clique could result in.

Prigozhin has destabilised the Russian front and seized Rostov-na-Donu and is already halfway to Moscow with units already at Voronezh. Do you believe that, even if Putin sacks Shoigu, he will accept what he's termed as treachery? Prigoshin has crossed the Rubicon. No point in going back - front's destabilising like a line of dominoes. I think he's seized the chance to withdraw from a hopeless position and be the prime mover in regime change. If he doesn't move quickly then the supplies will dwindle and, as poor as they are, the army reserve will overwhelm them eventually.

This is the outcome the evidence, as I see it, suggests. What's your own take on this.

Was said tongue in cheek!  Yev=Prigozhin

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Do they have mush support from the people of Russia or is it unknown? 

I highly doubt it but this whole situation proves how utterly powerless the Russian populace is. Look at the scenes from Rostov of people carrying on as normal. It’s like a simulation going on around people. 

I think ultimately Russians probably just want stability 

"They wanted to disband Wagner. We set out on June 23 for the "March of Justice". In a day we marched just short of 200 km from Moscow. During this time, we have not shed a single drop of the blood of our fighters. Now is the moment when blood can be shed. Realizing all the responsibility for the fact that Russian blood will be shed, we are turning our columns around and leaving in the opposite direction, to our field camps, according to the plan."