Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

3 minutes ago, Line-X said:

This is actually a very good outcome. Prigozhin, a ruthless, unstable, vicious and dangerous fanatic is now on borrowed time even if he goes back to selling hot dogs in St Petersburg. His 'private' paramilitary mercenary force, which had grown to be a sizeable unit are nonetheless now full of poorly trained ill-disciplined troops where they used to be purely battle hardened veterans. The Russian military have absorbed a large rabble of disaffected criminals that will be arguably far less effective going overnight from being branded as 'elite fighters' to knowing that they are simply cannon fodder - a disaster for morale. Meanwhile the attempted coup has significantly weakened Validimir Putin's leadership and credibility. 

The schedulers at the rolling news broadcasters don’t agree - they were looking forward to breaking Saturday night ratings records! 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm uneasy about making judgement from afar on a people I actually know little of, when I live in a country that tolerates a 'democracy' that entrenches power in the hands of the rich and privileged because of the arcane voting system that cannot be shifted. 

And why can't it be shifted? Because as a people, we just cannot be arsed - we've been worn down by our own media and political gangsters to the point that we think they're all as bad as each other and are unable to discern fact from propaganda. What does that say about us? 

Or any other democratic country, for that matter.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Hmm. Russia deploy nuclear weapons to Belarus, nutjob threatens Moscow, nutjob exiled to Belarus, what happens when nutjob gets his hands on nuclear weapons?

Apparently one of the Russian bases that the Wagner group seized, held tactical nukes. The rumour is that the Chef called off the march on Moscow once he realised he now possessed those nukes. 

55 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Apparently one of the Russian bases that the Wagner group seized, held tactical nukes. The rumour is that the Chef called off the march on Moscow once he realised he now possessed those nukes. 

What’s he planning for dinner? lobster thermonuclear(dor) :ph34r:

Edited by Vlad the Fox

so one question I have been thinking about… what are Wagner going to do for money now?

Obviously there’s no way the Russian ministry of defense is going to finance them  even a penny going forward…. So how are a 50,000 strong PMC  ( of former robbers, murderers and rapists) going to get paid? I mean, yesterdays events may have ended well for the Russian government but how do that amount of documented and tracked criminal assimilate back into society especially  after an armed rebellion when you are in a country that for  simply voicing dissent  can usually land you in jail?

I don’t think we have heard the last of Wagner…  it’s possible  that Russia may now have an armed 50k strong ‘ vigilante group’/ militia  walking its streets that will do things for money as there’s no way they’ll be getting a government contract any time soon..

And anyone who thinks  Putin is really going to let this slide and forget about it is , frankly., Naive..

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

so one question I have been thinking about… what are Wagner going to do for money now?

Obviously there’s no way the Russian ministry of defense is going to finance them  even a penny going forward…. So how are a 50,000 strong PMC  ( of former robbers, murderers and rapists) going to get paid? I mean, yesterdays events may have ended well for the Russian government but how do that amount of documented and tracked criminal assimilate back into society especially  after an armed rebellion when you are in a country that for  simply voicing dissent  can usually land you in jail?

I don’t think we have heard the last of Wagner…  it’s possible  that Russia may now have an armed 50k strong ‘ vigilante group’/ militia  walking its streets..

As I understand it, Wagner is to be absorbed into the Russian army so yes, they will be paid by the Russian MOD 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As I understand it, Wagner is to be absorbed into the Russian army so yes, they will be paid by the Russian MOD 

I know that is what has been said, but I don’t believe Putin has done anything  worthy to gain anyone’s trust. I mean it is the same breath that I don’t  believe Pighozin is going to get to live peacefully in Belarus.  They killed Russian military personnel during their mini rebellion, there’s no way they’ll be allowed to join them peacefully.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t think we have heard the last of Wagner…  it’s possible  that Russia may now have an armed 50k strong ‘ vigilante group’/ militia  walking its streets that will do things for money as there’s no way they’ll be getting a government contract any time soon..

And anyone who thinks  Putin is really going to let this slide and forget about it is , frankly., Naive..

It’s a bit more complicated than that ..  Wagner is the unofficial Russian army that does all its dirty work overseas ..  especially in Africa ..  without it Putins control over those African countries would dwindle. And remember those troops are ex military including a lot of ex special forces. There is no way they will be disbanded and will continue to be paid through the state. The ex cons in Ukraine were just used as cannon fodder and will no doubt face a different future. 

7 hours ago, Countryfox said:

It’s a bit more complicated than that ..  Wagner is the unofficial Russian army that does all its dirty work overseas ..  especially in Africa ..  without it Putins control over those African countries would dwindle. And remember those troops are ex military including a lot of ex special forces. There is no way they will be disbanded and will continue to be paid through the state. The ex cons in Ukraine were just used as cannon fodder and will no doubt face a different future. 

I totally get  their role in Africa, but the Russian Army are now being asked to accept in as a brother people who shot and killed Russian servicemen just a few hours earlier and rose up in an armed rebellion against them. I actually think it’s even more complicated that what you have also written!

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

I totally get  their role in Africa, but the Russian Army are now being asked to accept in as a brother people who shot and killed Russian servicemen just a few hours earlier and rose up in an armed rebellion against them. I actually think it’s even more complicated that what you have also written!

The ‘professional’ arm of Wagner will probably carry on under a new leader  ..  or a new brand name ..  or both ! ..  but I’m not sure the rest  will be invited to join the regular army  ..  and if they are it will be such an onerous offer that they will have to think very hard what to do next. There are so many possibilities at the moment it’s too hard to predict ..  all I’m saying really is that if they totally disband some pretty large chunks of Africa could become very unstable. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

The ‘professional’ arm of Wagner will probably carry on under a new leader  ..  or a new brand name ..  or both ! ..  but I’m not sure the rest  will be invited to join the regular army  ..  and if they are it will be such an onerous offer that they will have to think very hard what to do next. There are so many possibilities at the moment it’s too hard to predict ..  all I’m saying really is that if they totally disband some pretty large chunks of Africa could become very unstable. 

I know there are a couple of other PMCs operating in Ukraine right now..I’m sure one of them is owned by the minister of  defense himself Shiogi.. I think they are called Patriot. I can just imagine them being willing to take in the professional branch and im

not sure what would happen to the criminal element..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Not sure why this is breaking, happens very regularly on both sides does it not? 

Could be because the Russians have released the pictures, more than what actually happened.