Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

12 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Putin spokesman claims Vlad would make a world changing speech.

Vlad arrives, blames the west for the revolt and buggers off.  Sound.

Surprise suprise it’s the dastardly west that’s caused it again. Can’t possibly be his own fault for invading a neighbour country. No chance 🤨

56 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Putin spokesman claims Vlad would make a world changing speech.

Vlad arrives, blames the west for the revolt and buggers off.  Sound.

I dont think he blamed the west reading the transcript, rather said that the ‘traitors’ play into the hands of the west. If he starts blaming the west then he’s an even bigger idiot than imagined. 

42 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I dont think he blamed the west reading the transcript, rather said that the ‘traitors’ play into the hands of the west. If he starts blaming the west then he’s an even bigger idiot than imagined. 

Go on, I was being a bit lazy in making an unclear point. 

When this all kicked off and he did those behind the desk speeches and the mood was frankly chilling as he had a knack for inspiring fear. He'd make points about people interfering in their affairs being dealt with swiftly and I believed it. 

The last few times he's been on he's just rambling nonsense and seems to have lost all of his intimidatory aura that he had. Don't get me wrong, he can still press a big red button so we should fear the bloke, but that's state power, not his. It can't just me who's seen go from genuine strong man to some crackpot drifting in the direction of one his mates in the Kim dynasty. He's literally given someone who tried to overthrow him a slap on the wrist and a villa in Belarus. He tried to bump off Sergei Skripal for saying mean things to him on our soil. Even his lickspittle on state TV are going "wtf you doing mate? (or words to that effect in Russian) of the situation.

You didn't infer the above from my statement..? 

Prigozhin may be on borrowed time, but it's quite possible Putin is keeping him (in Belarus) as an option in case the regular army keeps ceding territory. 

Putin has no intention of pulling back from this war, and thinks he can still come out on top - indeed his internet trolls are convinced of it. Quite possible that in 6 months time Prigozhin is recalled to Rostov to re-organise the Russian forces.

I don’t see how Putin can allow Prigozhin control of a private army again after what happened. Although perhaps the person who should be most worried right now is Lukashenko. Particularly if a load of Wagner fighters end up in his country as well. Stopping short of Moscow is one thing, but would Prigozhin afford Minsk the same respect?

Lukashenko might be feeling proud right now of being the man who saved Putin’s arse. He shouldn’t be. Any man who publicly saves Putin’s arse is just as much an embarrassment to Putin as the man who tried to claim it. I actually reckon Lukashenko could regret this.

8 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I don’t see how Putin can allow Prigozhin control of a private army again after what happened. Although perhaps the person who should be most worried right now is Lukashenko. Particularly if a load of Wagner fighters end up in his country as well. Stopping short of Moscow is one thing, but would Prigozhin afford Minsk the same respect?

Lukashenko might be feeling proud right now of being the man who saved Putin’s arse. He shouldn’t be. Any man who publicly saves Putin’s arse is just as much an embarrassment to Putin as the man who tried to claim it. I actually reckon Lukashenko could regret this.

Lukashenkos grip on power is tenuous, he needs Putin otherwise it's likely he'll get Mussolini'd.

He may well end up regretting it, but in the short term it was the better way to shore up his own power.

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

Not sure if this is true or not. I mean, who are ‘Russian sources’?

Not a surprise if so.  Was listening to an analyst on the radio who noted that Aleksey Dyumin, considered a successor to Putin, had miraculously made lots of official appearences in the last 48 hours and they were expecting him to take Shoigu's place.

Edited by Zear0

7 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Not a surprise if so.  Was listening to an analyst on the radio who noted that Aleksey Dyumin, considered a successor to Putin, had miraculously made lots of official appearences in the last 48 hours and they were expecting him to take Shoigu's place.

so replacing Shoigu was clearly part of the deal then.

13 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Hopefully Prigozhin doesn’t end up commanding some forces to attack from Belarus. There’s got to be more in this than just exile surely? Thankfully those lines will be heavily fortified. 

I’m  fairly sure there’s a few more  missiles pointing towards Belarus now.. even if it’s just for defense reasons..

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m  fairly sure there’s a few more  missiles pointing towards Belarus now.. even if it’s just for defense reasons..

Lukashenko has basically made Belarus a legitimate target by agreeing to nuclear weapons and hosting Wagner, which I suspect is what’s really going on, if not to attack Ukraine but to provide another front that requires resources to be diverted.

42 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Lukashenko has basically made Belarus a legitimate target by agreeing to nuclear weapons and hosting Wagner, which I suspect is what’s really going on, if not to attack Ukraine but to provide another front that requires resources to be diverted.

and it’s all part of Putin’s plan, I’m sure. If missiles were launched, I’m sure they would come from Belarus..

27 minutes ago, MPH said:

and it’s all part of Putin’s plan, I’m sure. If missiles were launched, I’m sure they would come from Belarus..

I’m sure the plan is to keep mosowvites away from the realities of the war  for as long as possible. Like mushrooms, kept in the dark and fed on bullshit.

12 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Would it not work the other way? Poland would be far less likely to attack Belarus now that they have access to nuclear weapons? It's basically just a game of deterrence.

Also Wagner won't attack from Belarus, that has been and gone since February 2022, if the Russian army got chased out of that route then Wagner wont have a chance. It's the most mined area in the world too. 

• Like 1