Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I wonder if Obama's comments on Crimea last week were a soft launch to western populations that Ukraine ain't getting Crimea back on or off the battlefield. 

Probably more his own arse covering at his ineffective and weak response to when it happened more than anything. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

As opposed to his predecessor who really led from the front - and look how that turned out.

Can’t disagree with that. But Obama’s policy of retrenchment and surrogate warfare was not compatible with U.S international primacy. However, I don’t feel Obama led his foreign policy, with anything but the best intentions.

Really hoping for a democratic win in the 2024 US elections, a republican win and god forbid trump could be disastrous for Ukraine. However Biden's gaffs are getting a little concerning too. Do they have any other strong candidates that could run instead? Don't think Harris is up to the task either and she's not a very likeable candidate IMO, a bit like Hilary.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Really hoping for a democratic win in the 2024 US elections, a republican win and god forbid trump could be disastrous for Ukraine. However Biden's gaffs are getting a little concerning too. Do they have any other strong candidates that could run instead? Don't think Harris is up to the task either and she's not a very likeable candidate IMO, a bit like Hilary.

The guy is really losing it big style ..  

As anyone in that position ever been sectioned ..  ??

Or could this be a president ..  

:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I'm pretty certain someone of Biden's experience would not stay in power should his cognitive function decline by that much.

24 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Gavin Newsom seems to be generating a certain amount of buzz right now.

As for Biden, yet again this is the reason why he really shouldn't have been anyone's first choice, but so it goes.

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Surely it would be Trump who is more likely to be sectioned. I agree he’s losing it, but I’m certain it’s age related, rather than mental health!

Just now, westernpark said:

Surely it would be Trump who is more likely to be sectioned. I agree he’s losing it, but I’m certain it’s age related, rather than mental health!

Don't really think Trump has issues with mental health - apart from sociopathy and likewise enabling other sociopaths, that is.

3 hours ago, Lionator said:

I'm pretty certain someone of Biden's experience would not stay in power should his cognitive function decline by that much.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Gavin Newsom seems to be generating a certain amount of buzz right now.

As for Biden, yet again this is the reason why he really shouldn't have been anyone's first choice, but so it goes.

3 hours ago, westernpark said:

It was my attempt at a joke ..  well play on words really ..  precedent ..  president ..  get it !?!? ..  :twitch:

36 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

I’m not sure I get what’s happening here as the IAEA and Grossi seem certain that the mines aren’t placed where the Ukranians say they are. Could it be that the Russians are holding the IAEA hostage? 

It would be a pretty nauseous propaganda on the part of Ukranians if this doesn’t happen now. 

5 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I’m not sure I get what’s happening here as the IAEA and Grossi seem certain that the mines aren’t placed where the Ukranians say they are. Could it be that the Russians are holding the IAEA hostage? 

It would be a pretty nauseous propaganda on the part of Ukranians if this doesn’t happen now. 

Not sure the IAEA are hostages, I just have a level of sceptism that you could find mines even if you looked. Firstly, the places you'd mine are areas of the plant that are off limits humans from a radiological perspective. Unless Grossi has been wandering around with RVI equipment behind lead sheilding (he won't have) to peer behind shield tanks, coolant treat systems, filters or ion exchange columns (the nasty bits) they wouldn't spot them.

Whilst the Russians aren't renowned for their intelligence in dealing with nuclear hazards (see digging trenches in Chernobyl), they must have some level of risk aversion that they wouldn't want to risk mistakenly triggering these things before they want to. If they did want to blow the plant, you wouldn't mine it months/years in advance in case it triggers by accident. 

Again, I hope this is propoganda on the Ukrainian front to paint Russia as even more of a bad guy (not they're not already), but these despicable individuals running this invasion would probably get a thrill out of doing this should the prospect of losing the southern front, which I think is possible, happen. 

Don't forget, Russian Major General Valery Vasiliev literally said last year "there will either [be] Russian land or a scorched desert".

cant see them doing it until next tues morning when the prevailing winds go generally easterly. however, i wouldn't think they'll risk it as too much risk of a northerly component bringing any radiation cloud across crimea.  thereafter the window probably shuts until the end of week 2 at least

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

cant see them doing it until next tues morning when the prevailing winds go generally easterly. however, i wouldn't think they'll risk it as too much risk of a northerly component bringing any radiation cloud across crimea.  thereafter the window probably shuts until the end of week 2 at least

The west should be supplying Ukraine with millions of massive fans that blows everything towards Russia.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The west should be supplying Ukraine with millions of massive fans that blows everything towards Russia.

A line miles long of scousers blowing hot air east. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sparrowhawk said:

Yes indeedy.

And not just for Ukraine.

It’s just the main issue that I’ll be watching the elections for mainly. 
Domestically too it’ll be labour for me if they are going to continue the current support to Ukraine. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

A line miles long of scousers blowing hot air east. 

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

TBF quite a few of our own fanbase could join them considering recent events.

Just put Barry Hayles in a hazmat suit on the Ukranian side  of the plant …