Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

On 29/06/2023 at 07:34, Dahnsouff said:

All very strange with Belarus and Prigozhin, not sure what to make of it, but I also see Lukashenko is ramping up the rhetoric further now.

I believe that Prigozhin simply lost his nerve - that he is no real soldier, but an opportunist who found himself, like many others drawn to a tyrant, both favoured but also subservient to the whims of his master.

When Caesar decided to march on Rome, in 49 B.C. he is said to have made his decision to 'go all the way' at the River Rubicon. Personally, I don't think he thought about turning back at all.

Prigozhin showed his true nature by backing down. Thus he becomes contemptible not only as a thug, but as a coward and vacillator as well.

He showed himself to be a lapdog after all - he might believe he's safe or that he he's still in charge of Wagner, but Putin will show no sentiment. He now has to worry about all those pretenders to the throne who will now, sensing his vulnerability, be gunning for position.

Edited by gerblod
A stray 'it' wandered in.

Putin has been popping up all over the place and it seems fairly obvious to me that the body double has been used but no one in the media seems to mention it anymore.  Just have a look at the two pics below ..  one has a defined neck and jaw and the other hasn't ..  and his hooter is slightly different too !   The one who blabs away on the stage and meets other leaders is no doubt the real despot ..  and the one that risks his neck walking through the crowds with a silly smile on his face and draws little men on a white board is no doubt Oleg Potemkin from Siberia ..  :thumbup:

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Putin has been popping up all over the place and it seems fairly obvious to me that the body double has been used but no one in the media seems to mention it anymore.  Just have a look at the two pics below ..  one has a defined neck and jaw and the other hasn't ..  and his hooter is slightly different too !   The one who blabs away on the stage and meets other leaders is no doubt the real despot ..  and the one that risks his neck walking through the crowds with a silly smile on his face and draws little men on a white board is no doubt Oleg Potemkin from Siberia ..  :thumbup:

IMG_9916.jpg

IMG_9917.jpg

They are the same person just with photos taken at a different angle, aren't they?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

They are the same person just with photos taken at a different angle, aren't they?

The thing that would be a better indicator would be the ears and they can't be compared in  those pics

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just now, Parafox said:

The thing that would be a better indicator would be the ears and they can't be compared in  those pics

He was spotted in a St Petersburg Park earlier...

images (7).jpeg

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

If you think the real Vlad would wander through the crowds when he normally doesn’t go within 30 ft of anyone  ..  and draw little men on a white board ..  then you can’t be the clever Foxes Deb that I know ..  another bloody double !!   :P

The thought of that power plant being attacked is frightening. Who in the right mind would attack or cause the reactors damage and cause wide spread death and destruction that would last for decades. This is seriously dark and terrifying. maybe thats the idea, but it shouldn't even be in the thinking. What a Terrible world we live in. I so hope this is all just paper talk 

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

The thought of that power plant being attacked is frightening. Who in the right mind would attack or cause the reactors damage and cause wide spread death and destruction that would last for decades. This is seriously dark and terrifying. maybe thats the idea, but it shouldn't even be in the thinking. What a Terrible world we live in. I so hope this is all just paper talk 

The same people who bombed a theatre marked "children", destroyed a dam, captured and raped women in front of their children in Bucha and abducted 700,000 children.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I think the UN needs to be more active in this situation and bring everyone in line and say how mad this is! This situation and even talking about it is completely unacceptable 

26 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

I think the UN needs to be more active in this situation and bring everyone in line and say how mad this is! This situation and even talking about it is completely unacceptable 

Agree the UN need to be involved urgently. Sadly there are going to be no winners. Since the war started in 2014 mainly around the territories who are pro-Russian, who speak Russian and not Ukraine, want to belong to Russia basically means if the Ukraine pushes all Russian forces out of its country, the problem will still be there. A great result but not the answer. Unfortunately, I believe some form of partition of the pro- Russian areas is an option that should be considered.

7 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

6 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Agree the UN need to be involved urgently. Sadly there are going to be no winners. Since the war started in 2014 mainly around the territories who are pro-Russian, who speak Russian and not Ukraine, want to belong to Russia basically means if the Ukraine pushes all Russian forces out of its country, the problem will still be there. A great result but not the answer. Unfortunately, I believe some form of partition of the pro- Russian areas is an option that should be considered.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, what exactly can or should the UN do?

The way the UN security council is set up is so that the "Big Five" can fvck with pretty much anyone they like when they like with next to zero consequence, as long as they don't fvck with each other. That's happened so many times in the past and will happen again in the future, no doubt.

43 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66140460

A necessity to fight fire with fire, or an indiscriminate threat to the civilian population? Or both?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66043946

There is a lot of umming and ahhing over here on this topic.

it’s a tricky one.

there’s likely to be some pretty strict stipulations as to its use and I suspect that the requirements will be for them to be used for  clearing the  vast array of trenches..

4 hours ago, MPH said:

it’s a tricky one.

there’s likely to be some pretty strict stipulations as to its use and I suspect that the requirements will be for them to be used for  clearing the  vast array of trenches..

I guess they'd be useful in clearing the extensive minefields Russian forces have emplaced in order to slow the Ukrainian advance. There's been speculation that, once these obstacles have been breached, the Russian troops behind them will begin to waver. Apparently, there are special army units tasked with shooting those who desert their stations.

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-66140460

A necessity to fight fire with fire, or an indiscriminate threat to the civilian population? Or both?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-66043946

There is a lot of umming and ahhing over here on this topic.

The use of cluster bombs is is probably not the best idea if they want to reclaim and redevelop the land for Ukraine. I know that there were still casualties from cluster bombs used in Vietnam decades after the war finished. One issue was them landing in rice paddies and not detonating. It also didn't help that the yanks painted them bright colours so kids would pick them up.

However if Russia has already been using cluster bombs and mines extensively what's the difference in a few more. Especially if used to clear mines.

20 minutes ago, gerblod said:

I guess they'd be useful in clearing the extensive minefields Russian forces have emplaced in order to slow the Ukrainian advance. There's been speculation that, once these obstacles have been breached, the Russian troops behind them will begin to waver. Apparently, there are special army units tasked with shooting those who desert their stations.

To employ men to shoot your own...that's horrendous. Having fear from the front and fear from behind.....

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Captain... said:

The use of cluster bombs is is probably not the best idea if they want to reclaim and redevelop the land for Ukraine. I know that there were still casualties from cluster bombs used in Vietnam decades after the war finished. One issue was them landing in rice paddies and not detonating. It also didn't help that the yanks painted them bright colours so kids would pick them up.

However if Russia has already been using cluster bombs and mines extensively what's the difference in a few more. Especially if used to clear mines.

Yep thats the problem that it will take decades to demine and remove all the failed cluster munitions from Ukraine. Both sides were using soviet era cluster munitions in 2014/15 when the conflict started in Donbas and in fact most civilian casaulties between 2015 and feb 2022, when it was pretty much a frozen conflict, were a result of unexploded mines or cluster munitions. 

On 06/07/2023 at 16:06, Flamey said:

Is this real? :unsure:

It nearly went in Phunny photos thread.

Screenshot_20230706-160404.png

I'm not sure disguising himself as John McCririck is a great idea as it's common knowledge that he's dead.

Edit: McCririck is dead, I mean, though Prigozhin's future prospects don't look too rosy either.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Haha 3