Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

16 minutes ago, Lionator said:

There’s an awful lot of conjecture, if’s and but’s here. Plus Girkin is a washed up old codger these days who will thankfully either be killed or will rot in prison after what he did, a lot of what he says doesn’t come true. 

well, I can see why you say that but I just imagine it to be a Copy of what happened in the Kharkiv region a few months ago. Russians abandoned their positions when low on replacements and resources in conjunction with Ukranian advances. Now I’m not predicting this on a country wide scale, but I believe the southern forces will pull  back to Crimea to try and buy time for the next round of Russian conscripts  to come in.

Edited by MPH

2 hours ago, Górnik Leicester said:

Kerch Bridge reportedly attacked again.

Great news, unfortunate if the reports of 2 deaths are civilians. 

from the bbc: 

1. Two people have died in an attack on the bridge linking the occupied Crimean peninsula to Russia
  2. Explosions were reported - the Russian-installed head of Crimea's parliament blames Ukraine's "terrorist regime"
  3. A source in Ukraine's security service tells BBC Russian it was behind the attack, and that surface drones were used
  4. The road section of the bridge is closed but trains are running on the railway section

Laughable to call it a terrorist regime when Ukraine were the ones invaded. Normal Russian playbook though. 

So I’d really like to hear some Russian sympathizers explain this one…

Russian missile attacks on Ukraine's Black Sea coast have destroyed 60,000 tonnes of grain and damaged storage infrastructure, officials say.

Agriculture Minister Mykola Solskyi said a "considerable amount" of export infrastructure was out of operation.

Russia has pulled out of an international grain deal in place since last summer, guaranteeing safe passage for exports across the Black Sea.

The Kremlin argued its demands for Russian exports had not been honoured.

Within hours of its withdrawal from the grain deal on Monday, Russia had struck the southern port cities of Odesa and Mykolaiv in the early hours of Tuesday.

It followed that up with more strikes overnight into Wednesday, targeting grain terminals and port infrastructure in Odesa and further down the Black Sea coast in Chornomorsk, two of the three ports that were included in the export deal.

Odesa military spokesman Serhiy Bratchuk called it a "truly massive attack". The agriculture minister said the 60,000 tonnes destroyed in the strike were "supposed to be loaded on a large-tonnage ship and sent through the grain corridor 60 days ago".

Russia's defence ministry later declared that from midnight on Wednesday night (21:00 GMT), any ships heading to Ukrainian ports would be viewed as potential carriers of military cargo and party to the conflict. Some north-western and south-eastern areas of the Black Sea would be temporarily dangerous for shipping, it added.

At least 12 civilians, including a nine-year-old boy, were wounded during the attacks, which also caused damage to blocks of flats, military officials said.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said each missile strike was a blow not just to Ukraine, but to "everyone in the world striving for a normal and safe life". 

France and Germany also condemned the attack. Germany Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock said that by covering Odesa with a hail of bombs, Russian President Vladimir Putin was robbing the world of any hope of Ukrainian grain and "hitting the world's poorest".

• Like 1

Slightly worrying ..  Wagner troops building up in Belarus  ..  Lukashenko saying if needed Wagner will be called upon to help us ..  I think we are one false flag away from another major attack from the north.  

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Slightly worrying ..  Wagner troops building up in Belarus  ..  Lukashenko saying if needed Wagner will be called upon to help us ..  I think we are one false flag away from another major attack from the north.  

Nobody is invading from the north through Belarus, that ship sailed in the first month of the war. At worst it may be a diversionary tactic to draw out Ukrainian soldiers from the front line. 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Nobody is invading from the north through Belarus, that ship sailed in the first month of the war. At worst it may be a diversionary tactic to draw out Ukrainian soldiers from the front line. 

Yes the Russians invading ..  but not Belarusians.  Lukashenko said just the other day if our country is attacked I will use Wagner to defend it ..  

And Wagner are training their troops as we speak ..  and probably reminding them if anyone retreats they’ll get shot. 

Edited by Countryfox
Additional text

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yes the Russians invading ..  but not Belarusians.  Lukashenko said just the other day if our country is attacked I will use Wagner to defend it ..  

And Wagner are training their troops as we speak ..  and probably reminding them if anyone retreats they’ll get shot. 

Belarus is not going to be attacked, so nothing to worry about then. Also unlike Putin, Lukashenko despite his brass neck is not a clueless idiot. 

Just now, Countryfox said:

And Putin and the Wagner bloke had tea together the other day ..  what do you think they talked about ..  how their gardens were doing in the heatwave .. 

probably his thunder run to Rostov and Moscow?

4 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

I’ve already said false flag ..  

as I said Lukashenko is not an idiot. Belarusians do not want war and unlike Russians, they would protest. We’ve heard about 10000 potential false flags in this war and not a single one has come true. It’s all propaganda. Belarus is not joining the war. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66267136.amp

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has sacked his country's ambassador to the UK.

Vadym Prystaiko had recently criticised the president's response to a row over gratitude for British military aid. 

He had called Mr Zelensky's promise to thank the UK defence minister every morning "unhealthy sarcasm".

Kyiv gave no official reason for the dismissal but confirmed that Mr Prystaiko was no longer ambassador. 

Earlier this month, Ben Wallace said he had warned Ukraine that its allies were "not Amazon", saying Kyiv needed to show gratitude for weapons it received in order to persuade Western politicians to give more.

He was speaking at the Nato summit after President Zelensky criticised the military alliance for delays in making Ukraine a member.

Mr Wallace's remarks had stirred anger in Kyiv and he later said his words had been "somewhat misrepresented".

UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak reacted by saying he had been "struck" by how much Ukraine valued the UK's support.

"How else can we show our gratitude?" Mr Zelensky said in response to the defence minister's comments. "We can wake up in the morning and thank the minister. Let him write to me and tell me how to thank him."

Mr Prystaiko said last week there had been a "little bit of sarcasm" in his president's response, which he believed was "unhealthy".

—-
Ben Wallace was speaking out of frustration (partly maybe due to his failed attempt to become leader of nato) and then Zelenskyy has commented back. 

I actually agree with the sacked ambassador here. I don’t think Zelenskyy should have come across as sarcastic as it does seem. 

Edited by LCFCCHRIS

Zelensky does at times come across as an ungrateful bastard who would be happy to see this matter escalate to engulf the world (if by mistake rather than intentionally), but I can understand the attitude given the stress and stakes.

Just needs skilful diplomacy all round.

• Like 2

I suppose you’d expect an ex-comedian to try and add a bit of whit in there, somewhere..

perhaps an ill-thought out response though by Zelensky.

but as already said, the stakes are high- His country’s future is on the line..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Zelensky does at times come across as an ungrateful bastard who would be happy to see this matter escalate to engulf the world (if by mistake rather than intentionally), but I can understand the attitude given the stress and stakes.

Just needs skilful diplomacy all round.

Not much evidence of this as far as I am aware. 

Tit for Tat diplomacy rarely works. 

I doubt Zelensky wants a world, or even a European war. Such an event would surely wipe out Ukraine as an independent country.

On 20/07/2023 at 06:25, Countryfox said:

So  ..  others seem to think it’s worrying too ..   “Analysts have warned that the Kremlin may be setting up a false flag incident to justify an attack on Poland” 

IMG_0051.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

So  ..  others seem to think it’s worrying too ..   “Analysts have warned that the Kremlin may be setting up a false flag incident to justify an attack on Poland” 

IMG_0051.jpeg

Poland is a NATO member, and they know exactly where that road ends.

Why go to all that trouble when you can cut out the middleman and fire the nuclear arsenal now?

I honestly don't see the logic in this, and even if the leaders of Russia and Belarus aren't answering to any kind of logic, why take this pathway when there's nothing to gain and there's the much more abrupt one that is shorter?

...can they really believe that such a thing wouldn't escalate?

28 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I honestly don't see the logic in this,

I agree regarding an attack on Poland.

However, this may make sense from Russia's point of view: Belarus has a very long border with Ukraine, so Ukraine may feel the need to deploy troops to cover a possible incursion (depleting those elsewhere).

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Poland is a NATO member, and they know exactly where that road ends.

Why go to all that trouble when you can cut out the middleman and fire the nuclear arsenal now?

I honestly don't see the logic in this, and even if the leaders of Russia and Belarus aren't answering to any kind of logic, why take this pathway when there's nothing to gain and there's the much more abrupt one that is shorter?

...can they really believe that such a thing wouldn't escalate?

Belarus (and Wagner) invade Poland ..  NATO responds ..  against Belarus not Russia ..  Belarus has nuclear weapons ..  ok they belong to Russia but so what Belarus actually fires them from their territory. Putin likes a bit of sabre rattling ..  especially when it’s not his sabre !   All conjecture maybe ..  but those Wagner troops are there for a reason ..  

Russia or Belarus are not going to attack Poland, it’s just not credible. Stop. Literally all of Russia’s functioning military is in Ukraine for one. And that’s without thinking of the NATO consequences which Putin has sought to avoid since day one. 

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Belarus (and Wagner) invade Poland ..  NATO responds ..  against Belarus not Russia ..  Belarus has nuclear weapons ..  ok they belong to Russia but so what Belarus actually fires them from their territory. Putin likes a bit of sabre rattling ..  especially when it’s not his sabre !   All conjecture maybe ..  but those Wagner troops are there for a reason ..  

Because they were less than two hours from marching on the Kremlin, where else were they going to go to keep them in the Russiosphere while being less of a threat to Russia?

57 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

I agree regarding an attack on Poland.

However, this may make sense from Russia's point of view: Belarus has a very long border with Ukraine, so Ukraine may feel the need to deploy troops to cover a possible incursion (depleting those elsewhere).

Fair to say.

41 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

As per above, they're there because that's the place where they can cause minimal trouble for the Kremlin and still be involved in some fashion IMO.

• Like 1