Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

14 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Surely he would have been taken on the plane by force, in handcuffs.  And as for the crash occurring in Russia, might he have boarded the plane in Belarus but flown over Russia so that the fragments from the crash would be in Russia and therefore hidden from sight, and possible examination, by any other country?

Thats a possibility but i just find it all so weird. To do what he did and then think he would ever be free. Youd think he would be smart enough to go into hiding etc. Not sure how much hiding he could accomplish.

Russia very quick to get in there and ‘ retrieve the bodies’ leaving no trace behind. How they were able to retrieve 10 bodies in what is clearly burnt out remains of a plane is quite an achievement.

• Like 1

On a side note, and somewhat off topic, congrats to India on an effortless landing on the moon unlike the Russian attempt several days previous… Russian attempt was kind of like their army-  full steam ahead with apparent lack of concern  for their impact and how it would make them look…

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MPH said:

On a side note, and somewhat off topic, congrats to India on an effortless landing on the moon unlike the Russian attempt several days previous… Russian attempt was kind of like their army-  full steam ahead with apparent lack of concern  for their impact and how it would make them look…

Roscosmos (and before, the USSR) doesn't actually have a bad record when it comes to spaceflight compared to other nations (about on a par), but yes - first time visiting the Moon in over 50 years and then getting it horribly wrong isn't a good look.

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Roscosmos (and before, the USSR) doesn't actually have a bad record when it comes to spaceflight compared to other nations (about on a par), but yes - first time visiting the Moon in over 50 years and then getting it horribly wrong isn't a good look.

I should probably rise above comments like this, but, I couldn’t  be more delighted!

if I was a conspiracy theorist I might even entertain the thought that there was some hacking going on to cause the crash.. and like you said what happened isn’t a good look..

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I should probably rise above comments like this, but, I couldn’t  be more delighted!

if I was a conspiracy theorist I might even entertain the thought that there was some hacking going on to cause the crash.. and like you said what happened isn’t a good look..

I would like to hope that space exploration, regardless of origin, rises above such ridiculous and petty geopolitics as we are experiencing now (it did in the Cold War after all), but who knows?

• Like 1

On the topic of Prigozhin, a rather storybook conspiracy idea I had pop into my head.

He meets Putin at some point in the last few weeks, and the conversation goes something like...

Vlad: "OK, here's the deal. I could kill you right here and now....or instead I make it look like I killed you, when instead it's an elaborate ruse with someone sharing your name. In return, you retire somewhere sunny on my dime under a new identity, and never raise your head out of line in any way again...or the death won't be faked next time."

Of course, it's unrealistic because Putin would likely just kill him and not go to the trouble of the elaboration, but interesting to think about anyway.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

On the topic of Prigozhin, a rather storybook conspiracy idea I had pop into my head.

He meets Putin at some point in the last few weeks, and the conversation goes something like...

Vlad: "OK, here's the deal. I could kill you right here and now....or instead I make it look like I killed you, when instead it's an elaborate ruse with someone sharing your name. In return, you retire somewhere sunny on my dime under a new identity, and never raise your head out of line in any way again...or the death won't be faked next time."

Of course, it's unrealistic because Putin would likely just kill him and not go to the trouble of the elaboration, but interesting to think about anyway.

This theory could ensure there isn’t another attack from Wagner on the Russians though, so could be plausible.

Also, no way do experienced military commanders (IC and 2IC) get on the same aircraft with the Russian threat to them as it is.

There’s more to this than what’s being stated now, however I doubt the truth will ever come out.  

I thought common sense and general business practice, was that leaders typically aren’t allow to travel together? 

I mean, when I worked for an American business, I wasn’t allowed to fly with my other colleagues. That was 15 years ago! 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I thought common sense and general business practice, was that leaders typically aren’t allow to travel together? 

I mean, when I worked for an American business, I wasn’t allowed to fly with my other colleagues. That was 15 years ago! 

That could be more to do with Keyman insurance policies than concern for your strategic capabilities ! 

Incidentally, my twelve y o just said to his brother -‘Putin’s trending on Twitter - who is he signing for ?’  (It was an attempt at humour btw and not too shabby) 

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

I am fascinated by the brazenness of it all. It’s like some medieval power thing. 

Hitler was more what sprang to my mind. Putin himself will also die a violent death sooner or later, almost certainly, when ordinary Russians finally see what sort of leader they really have. Who next though? My money's on Alexei Navalny having a mysterious fatal 'accident' in prison.

People caught speeding in Leicester has nearly doubled from the year before ..  and in Nottingham it’s even higher .. and  plod is on the case ..  newer speeding vans have joined the growing fleet with night vision and 360 degree cameras to catch bikers and drivers with no plate on the front ..  so watch out !

On a completely different note, my mate ..  a perfectly law abiding and upstanding member of the community ..  dropped me off the other day and then wizzed off at 200 mph like a bat out of hell and disappeared down the road in haze of dust in his new shiny Tesla electric family car ..   hmmmm ..  :whistle:

33 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

People caught speeding in Leicester has nearly doubled from the year before ..  and in Nottingham it’s even higher .. and  plod is on the case ..  newer speeding vans have joined the growing fleet with night vision and 360 degree cameras to catch bikers and drivers with no plate on the front ..  so watch out !

On a completely different note, my mate ..  a perfectly law abiding and upstanding member of the community ..  dropped me off the other day and then wizzed off at 200 mph like a bat out of hell and disappeared down the road in haze of dust in his new shiny Tesla electric family car ..   hmmmm ..  :whistle:

Yet more and more tradespeople are getting kit or the whole van stolen, and they don’t even bother to turn up. Just a crime number. 

Thinking of applying to be the new head of Wagner. Those lads are bound to be feeling a bit rudderless and considering their options.

I reckon I'm exactly the kind of guy that would command their respect and I'm also not afraid to lead by example, and I've got some great ideas about team building days (just a trip to a craft brewery at the minute, I'll come up with others).

I'm at least as well qualified as that Prigozhin bloke. I may not have ever SOLD hotdogs but I've EATEN loads so I reckon I know just as much about this vital subject as anyone

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Thinking of applying to be the new head of Wagner. Those lads are bound to be feeling a bit rudderless and considering their options.

I reckon I'm exactly the kind of guy that would command their respect and I'm also not afraid to lead by example, and I've got some great ideas about team building days (just a trip to a craft brewery at the minute, I'll come up with others).

I'm at least as well qualified as that Prigozhin bloke. I may not have ever SOLD hotdogs but I've EATEN loads so I reckon I know just as much about this vital subject as anyone

Peter Taylor's free. Would be a fitting end to his plane crash of a career.