Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just saw this. Do we need to be worried?

I guess it would just mean that things are stretched out for even longer - not sure what weapons n korea have that are particularly modern 

I think the concern could be that China supply stuff to n korea who then direct to Moscow 

• Thanks 1

I think China have probably had enough of it, really. It's impacting the world and destabilising a lot of things. 

I can imagine they want it done, ideally with Russia gaining some land. Either way, they're probably rethinking their Taiwan approach, with the way the world has reacted.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

N korea look likely to supply weapons to Russia 

Meeting in Vladivostok  soon to discuss.

two despot leaders in the same room  together.. there has to be some temptation there to do something..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Meeting in Vladivostok  soon to discuss.

two despot leaders in the same room  together.. there has to be some temptation there to do something..

A course of action that "feels" good at a subconscious but logically comes with an immense amount of risk.

How exactly would the US or UK react if Russia or North Korea assassinated one (or both) of their leaders? Not well, I would guess.

On the general topic, I don't think this changes much as per above, the Norks really don't have anything that would give the Russians any kind of edge.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

A course of action that "feels" good at a subconscious but logically comes with an immense amount of risk.

How exactly would the US or UK react if Russia or North Korea assassinated one (or both) of their leaders? Not well, I would guess.

On the general topic, I don't think this changes much as per above, the Norks really don't have anything that would give the Russians any kind of edge.

oh I understand it really is just a temptation  and  not a reality.

but I do think this  action   would create such a massive power vacuum and probably send Russia into all out civil war  and create mass desertions of Russian troops within Ukraine that could benefit them in the short term. But yes the short term gain would be far outweighed by  the very real possibility of someone far more militant and dangerous than Putin being ‘ elected’ as president..

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

but I do think this  action   would create such a massive power vacuum and probably send Russia into all out civil war  and create mass desertions of Russian troops within Ukraine that could benefit them in the short term. But yes the short term gain would be far outweighed by  the very real possibility of someone far more militant and dangerous than Putin being ‘ elected’ as president..

That and the possibility of the country actually uniting against what they believe to be a heinous external act rather than fragmenting and therefore making them much more dangerous. Having a leader killed by a "foreign" power, even if not everyone is onboard with their ideas before they died, tends to make martyrs of them.

Either way it wouldn't be pretty, and while I can certainly understand the temptation there's a reason most nations, even ones rather off the reservation, tend to shy away from decapitation strikes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Facetiously, don’t you think that would have been a good deal in 2020 ? 

4 hours ago, MPH said:

I don’t even want to think about the consequences of a nuclear power assassinating the heads of two other nuclear power states thank you very much. 

Lotsa questions on the actual worth of NK weapons. Also surely this means the SK will also start handing over lethal means to the Ukrainians- can’t see them no engaging in some one-up-manship. A lot of analysts already think Russia is on borrowed time. UKR allegedly at 3rd like of defence in Zap and if this is the case easy run to see of Azov and cutting of the Orks GBLC. See a challenger has been knocked out, there are hopes it can be repaired and crew all ok. Just shows the value, we need to send more , a lot more. 

North Korea probably have a stockpile of weapons that are about to go past their shelf life and want to shift them to make way for more updated weaponry. This part Suits Russia well as they'll probably be able to get stuff on the cheap.

It could be a massive risk by Russia, though as I'm sure these weapons are completely untested on the battle field... They could be opening themselves up for massive humiliation if they are sub standard on a calamitous scale...

46 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Lotsa questions on the actual worth of NK weapons. Also surely this means the SK will also start handing over lethal means to the Ukrainians- can’t see them no engaging in some one-up-manship. A lot of analysts already think Russia is on borrowed time. UKR allegedly at 3rd like of defence in Zap and if this is the case easy run to see of Azov and cutting of the Orks GBLC. See a challenger has been knocked out, there are hopes it can be repaired and crew all ok. Just shows the value, we need to send more , a lot more

We haven't because we can't. We don't have lots ourselves and given more of our 'stock' would severely weaken us, which it has as it stands.

34 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

We haven't because we can't. We don't have lots ourselves and given more of our 'stock' would severely weaken us, which it has as it stands.

It makes you wonder how the world got through two world wars!

1 hour ago, MPH said:

North Korea probably have a stockpile of weapons that are about to go past their shelf life and want to shift them to make way for more updated weaponry. This part Suits Russia well as they'll probably be able to get stuff on the cheap.

It could be a massive risk by Russia, though as I'm sure these weapons are completely untested on the battle field... They could be opening themselves up for massive humiliation if they are sub standard on a calamitous scale...

100%. Dodgy korean missiles going astray and hitting nato countries, russia, belarus.

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Can't even begin to imagine how sh*te the N. Korean kit is. Vlad must be desperate. 

Some of the media reckon that Kim won't go, in fear of security concerns.

Can't imagine his country having high-quality weapons.